Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 345
  1. #181

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,412

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    There is no way APs will ever be completely gone from DLR. Ever. In my case, I believe I give exponentially more money to Disney than the average tourist, but I'm a collector who's always getting figurines and limited editions at Disneyana and the Gallery, and buying practically every new pin that comes out. I realize that the bulk of passholders don't even set foot in the stores.

    All that said, I expire next week and have yet to receive anything by mail OR email from Disney asking me to renew....
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

  2. #182

    • Disney Fan 4 Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Close to San Diego
    Posts
    665

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    So when you are standing in line, how can you tell who is an AP holder and who is not? I think the AP populace is handy group of people to come down on with every single ill someone experiences with the park. Back in the day before AP holders existed, my grandfather would complain about the park because he though it was crowded back then. As stated previously, if you must complain, blame the Disney company rather than any particular group of people.

    After all, the only reason a person purchases ticket media of any kind is because they want to come visit the parks with their children, loved one, friends, or by themselves. We come for the love of the parks, despite the changes and the obvious money grabs. We come because no matter what, there is still some magic that can happen to us while we visit. That is from the single day ticket purchaser to the Premier pass holder to the Club 33 member.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955


    View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

  3. #183

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    Hey Giant Panda, just go to the Cafe Orleans, and they have Monte Cristo sandwiches all day from the same kitchen that services the BB, and they are a few bucks cheaper there.

    I have a feeling the APs will continue, but the prices will just get sillier and sillier till the numbers drop through attrition.
    Yeah, I know CO has them .... it's just not the same.

    I do agree with you that if the Company decides to do away with APs, the way to do it is to price them higher and higher at an accelerated rate. Eventually they might reach a point where they are taking in the same AP revenue but cutting the number of APs by half, which would increase their profit.

    What's that? You say you would never pay twice as much for your AP? Some people are already paying more than twice what they paid for their first pass. I'm just suggesting the WDC may want to make sure the price doubles much more quickly.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  4. #184

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,687
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    There is no way APs will ever be completely gone from DLR. Ever. In my case, I believe I give exponentially more money to Disney than the average tourist, but I'm a collector who's always getting figurines and limited editions at Disneyana and the Gallery, and buying practically every new pin that comes out. I realize that the bulk of passholders don't even set foot in the stores.

    All that said, I expire next week and have yet to receive anything by mail OR email from Disney asking me to renew....
    Mine expires Sunday, and I've gotten both a post card and a letter to renew. (However, they have finally hit my personal price point of no return.... I will not be renewing my annual pass right now. Maybe in a year or two... but my next trip to the park in January will be on a multi day parkhopper instead... so for me at least there WILL be no AP in 2013)




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  5. #185

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    ^ i have gotten two different things in the mail also as well to renew..LOL..for me it will happen this year.. but as of the next year after the price increase just not sure...LOL

  6. #186

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    La Canada, CA
    Posts
    653

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Mine expires Sunday, and I've gotten both a post card and a letter to renew. (However, they have finally hit my personal price point of no return.... I will not be renewing my annual pass right now. Maybe in a year or two... but my next trip to the park in January will be on a multi day parkhopper instead... so for me at least there WILL be no AP in 2013)


    It is a lot of dough for a premium AP now!

  7. #187

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Maybe we should just do what other people i know have done, and just get a job at DLR so that our park admission is free all the time.

  8. #188

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    yes, plz. some ap go to DLR WAYYY too much. like, you went there this week, why exactly are you going again next week. but if it wasn't crowded i wouldnt mind as much.
    It couldn't be because they enjoy going to the park or anything, you're right.

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Mine expires Sunday, and I've gotten both a post card and a letter to renew. (However, they have finally hit my personal price point of no return.... I will not be renewing my annual pass right now. Maybe in a year or two... but my next trip to the park in January will be on a multi day parkhopper instead... so for me at least there WILL be no AP in 2013)
    I don't think anyone can knock you for that either. It's getting way to expensive. I am contemplating not renewing mine in February.

  9. #189

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    when its time to renew ours, we will have to justify the purchase with even MORE visits to the parks.

  10. #190

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    As a AP'er, I just don't understand why Disney hasn't established a Child's Premium AP. I have a Premium and use the 20% discounts and free parking and no block outs.

    However, I have to buy my son a Deluxe because I do not see the point in paying for him to have a Premium AP when he wouldn't use free parking and 20% discounts when he doesn't drive (uh..he's 8) and he doesn't buy stuff. I buy things for us and drive us and he is always with me when we go to the Parks. But with him having a Deluxe (and being that I only go with him and rarely just by myself) I have to watch for block out dates which is a pet peeve with me and why I like my Premium.

    A bit off the AP topic that is being discussed here but I don't see why Disney can't have a Child's Premium AP which would not include any discounts or parking yet have no block out dates, at a smaller price than an Adult Premium AP.

  11. #191

    • Vidia's Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    767

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    So when you are standing in line, how can you tell who is an AP holder and who is not?
    We have golden glowing skin and big smiles

  12. #192

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    As a AP'er, I just don't understand why Disney hasn't established a Child's Premium AP. I have a Premium and use the 20% discounts and free parking and no block outs.

    However, I have to buy my son a Deluxe because I do not see the point in paying for him to have a Premium AP when he wouldn't use free parking and 20% discounts when he doesn't drive (uh..he's 8) and he doesn't buy stuff. I buy things for us and drive us and he is always with me when we go to the Parks. But with him having a Deluxe (and being that I only go with him and rarely just by myself) I have to watch for block out dates which is a pet peeve with me and why I like my Premium.

    A bit off the AP topic that is being discussed here but I don't see why Disney can't have a Child's Premium AP which would not include any discounts or parking yet have no block out dates, at a smaller price than an Adult Premium AP.
    they have a pass like that, it's called the Deluxe or the socal select.. yeah they got block out days, but they are less expensive then the Premium.

    I highly doubt Disney would do a child's premium AP.I just don't ever see this happening.. but maybe you should submit your idea to Disney and see what happens!

    ---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 12:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    So when you are standing in line, how can you tell who is an AP holder and who is not?
    Most AP holders have a lanyard and have the AP in a plastic pouch, plus we know exactly where everything is with out looking at the map. plus we take our time to do things..we sit and people watch for hours at a time...we aren't rushing to a ride
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 10-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

  13. #193

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they have a pass like that, it's called the Deluxe or the socal select.. yeah they got block out days, but they are less expensive then the Premium.
    Yes I know that, my son has a Deluxe right now. And like I said in my post, I don't like having to look on the calendar to see if his pass is blocked out..I just like to go, hence I prefer Premium for us both.

    It's just a personal pet peeve I guess. Still, I don't see a Child's Premium Ap in the future either. Just would be nice.

  14. #194

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,253

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    A bit off the AP topic that is being discussed here but I don't see why Disney can't have a Child's Premium AP which would not include any discounts or parking yet have no block out dates, at a smaller price than an Adult Premium AP.
    I agree. I don't have any children or anything, but the idea of a Premium pass that is defined to an age group and significantly cheaper would be nice for people in your situation. I also don't see them ever going through with something like this unfortunately. I think the only real solution to your problem is either getting yourself a Deluxe so you both have the same available days, or just keeping it how you have it right now. Purchasing a Premium would be silly given how expensive it is with such a young child. Just my two cents!

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they have a pass like that, it's called the Deluxe or the socal select.. yeah they got block out days, but they are less expensive then the Premium.
    That's not really what they are going for though. They are suggesting a no-blockout pass for children that is a bit cheaper than buying a full blown Premium. The issue here is the blockout days, which all of those passes have.

  15. #195

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71

    Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

    $250,000 a day to run the parks is very unrealistic. Fireworks alone cost between $15,000 to $30,000 alone depending on show. What must electric costs be. Never mind labour. Its not just people working in park. That person who takes your reservation for a hotel needs to be paid.

    Also I think the $125 bench mark is wrong. Most tourists do not just come for a day a 5 day hopper is $260 not $625.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More Benefits with Annual Passes
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
  2. Annual Passes
    By slowbee in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
  3. How about no more Fast Passes
    By wolfy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 06:06 AM
  4. Annual Passes: Park, Online, or Mail?
    By Soulquarian in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:34 PM
  5. Annual Passes
    By riding_big_thunder in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •