Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    What must electric costs be.
    I'm drifting off the path here but my utilities are super cheap here in Anaheim because of them!

• Banned User

I don't wear my AP on a lanyard. That's so odd.

• some assembly required

A few pages back, ppl were talking about judging one's use of DLR.

When you have an addiction, ppl tend to judge, even if it isn't out-loud.

If Joe Blow has a few beers now and then, ppl probably wont judge him. If he drinks every day, well that gets attention.

Fact: there are more ppl w/ a gambling addiction per square mile in Vegas than any other city in the USA. My guess is that the same holds true for a certain radius in SoCal when it comes to DLR Abuse (lol). Some AP guests need a pamphlet or an 800# helpline.

Part of me is laughing, but I do think there are guests that clog up the parks and take up space. Is this number noticable on any given day? I wish I had the answer.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

There is no intentions of removing the annual passes its a year around money maker but there is a happy medium to be found because there is such a thing as TOO MANY AP holders so instead of limiting they raise prices on those passes next raise due this winter 2012.
    That way it will thin out the crowds some and sorry to say loose some that can no longer afford it. And most likely deter any newcomers to the AP world.
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Instead of raising the price, how else would you limit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ^Instead of raising the price, how else would you limit it?
    Drop the two lower tiers.

Here`s an analogy and it`s just my opinion. Pretend that Chevron was giving everyone that lived within a certain radius of their plant the chance to buy gas at 25cents/gal.That would be great for them, but everyone else is paying $4 plus/gal for the same gas.The outsiders would be envious of the insiders being able to drive in circles all day, go more places more often. Maybe Disney feels they have enough people willing to pay $4/gal that they don`t need to subsidize attendance with discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDisneyTech View Post
    There is no intentions of removing the annual passes its a year around money maker but there is a happy medium to be found because there is such a thing as TOO MANY AP holders so instead of limiting they raise prices on those passes next raise due this winter 2012.
    That way it will thin out the crowds some and sorry to say loose some that can no longer afford it. And most likely deter any newcomers to the AP world.
    Yes, this is what I think is going to CONTINUE to happen. Just like this year, they are going to raise prices again. Little by little, they will get to the number of AP'ers they want by people declining to renew their passes.

Heck, I am in that boat. I bought my Premier AP at Ralph's for $499 after they bumped up the Premier pass to $649. I highly doubt I am going to renew my pass in June next year. Too expensive.

I think the key is to get the number of Deluxe and Premier passholders low enough where their effect on the Summer months, the times when out of state visitors are highest, is mitigated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premier pass go to $750 next year. With $87 down, people would be paying about $55 a month for that pass. For a family of 4, that's a pretty steep amount to pay and I am sure that would eliminate even more Premiere passholders.

• My Children's Father

As recently as yesterday I was given a flyer advertising APs by the attendant at the M&F parking structure (even though I "paid" for my parking by showing my AP). Although I will admit that it is theoretically possible that the AP program may certainly require "tweaking" from time to time, and that the WD company has sufficient data to make qualified business decisions, such decisions as eliminating APs will not seem plausible as long as they continue to advertise the program.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Drop the two lower tiers.
    Or, drop the two uppper tiers and raise the prices of the lower tiers to the current upper tier prices.
    If AP program is for filling the parks in the off-season, then selling APs with no blocked-out days contradicts that goal.

Also, lower the prices of one-day tickets. That will make the AP less of a "bargain" to many.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

I assume the reason for AP $increases is parallel to reasons for gate $increases. I doubt either are because of the other.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Or, drop the two uppper tiers and raise the prices of the lower tiers to the current upper tier prices.
    If AP program is for filling the parks in the off-season, then selling APs with no blocked-out days contradicts that goal.

Also, lower the prices of one-day tickets. That will make the AP less of a "bargain" to many.
    That won't happen.. if they lower the tickets, they lower the AP rate, if they raise the ticket the ap rate goes up too .. vice versa, ap rate rises ticket price rises

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I assume the reason for AP $increases is parallel to reasons for gate $increases. I doubt either are because of the other.
    yes they are, if they raise the ticket price the AP rate goes up also.. and vice versa!

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I don't wear my AP on a lanyard. That's so odd.
    well so you think. It's actually comes in handy,specially when you constantly have to take it out throughout the day and at least you know it's in one place

• The doctor is in

For a local theme park to discontinue an annual pass service would be absurd. That would be like Six Flags saying you can't get a season pass anymore.

Disneyland annual passes are already limited enough to make it questionable, imo. You don't get weekends and you are blocked out during the summer and a majority of the holiday season. If anything they will probably increase the price and/or put in more blockout dates.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Like every other AP thread... it's not about 'all or nothing' - there are shades of grey available.

There are more options that could be offered. Disney could offer bundles of admissions.. Disney could offer heavily discounted admissions (think discount club)... Disney could just stop the unblocked passes.. etc.

IMHO - the solution is to offer a 'frequent flyer' type loyalty program that rewards spending, not just a one-time up front cost. And offer discounted bundles of admissions rather than an unlimited pass. Buy 15 admissions, etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    That won't happen.. if they lower the tickets, they lower the AP rate, if they raise the ticket the ap rate goes up too .. vice versa, ap rate rises ticket price rises
    Yes, I know they haven't taken my advice for over a decade.

---------- Post added 10-09-2012 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    For a local theme park to discontinue an annual pass service would be absurd. That would be like Six Flags saying you can't get a season pass anymore.
    Any other local amusement park, sure.
    Disneyland can do what it wants. It is (or should be) the leader and the others will follow.

---------- Post added 10-09-2012 at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Like every other AP thread... it's not about 'all or nothing' - there are shades of grey available.
    Yes, once the AP Program is discontinued, all manner of ideas will be created (or, actually, resurrected) to get the park filled in the newly resurrected off-season.
    I like all of the ideas you posted.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Roughly 50..

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast