Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

^ once i wrote a check at the store, a old lady said this to me " can you hurry up"..no joke..i guess checks are going obsolete also..LOL

the %20 does save, it all adds up in the end to savings!

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    A lot of AP discrimination here.

I read something that irked me. Someone said they should not allow a payment plan. That's kind of discriminatory. "Hey, you can't afford to buy it outright, you don't deserve it!"
    I've been here longer than you and I've noticed the same thing since my first post.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    I've been here longer than you and I've noticed the same thing since my first post.
    It does go both ways, maybe not in equal amounts but it happens enough to notice it.

It also happens in the parks (both ways). When I spent almost a week at the resort, my SO who is only a casual DLR fan noticed it.

Ultimately, I just wish the discrimination would just stop, but I wont hold my breath.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    It does go both ways, maybe not in equal amounts but it happens enough to notice it.

It also happens in the parks (both ways). When I spent almost a week at the resort, my SO who is only a casual DLR fan noticed it.

Ultimately, I just wish the discrimination would just stop, but I wont hold my breath.
    How do you mean it goes both ways? AP holders are discriminating against daily ticket buyers?

I've never noticed it at the park. Really.

• Seeker of Fun

I actually think this would be good. I have an AP and we are from Northern CA, so we visit about twice a year. I think if they made every guest pay for each time they enter the park, instead of just stopping by and watching shows, riding attractions, and being a dumping ground for local teenagers...this might be a welcome move in my book. I'm all for those that live close going as often as they can, but when you still get in so cheap, and let's face it, if you go a few times a month and pay under $500, that's a deal, it "inflates" the park artificially. We just got back yesterday for our first trip of the year, and we had 1 chance to see Fantasmic. Literally everyone around us was local, and camped out for hours before the show! Sorry Disney, but your blowing it here with the whole vacation, resort, idea.

---------- Post added 10-14-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    I'm happy my ap gives me enough time ..I might go 2-3 times a week with a SoCal passport ,but only because A. This is the closest park withrides I can actually enjoy.

With the removal of the low tiers, I would not be going but oncea year.. I hope the low aps don't get removed
    This is kind of my point. Using the park multiple times a week and worry about increasing prices??? Meanwhile the family that comes from long distances is waiting in line for hours for a ride (RSR) that you've been on 20 times...this week!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Meanwhile the family that comes from long distances is waiting in line for hours for a ride (RSR) that you've been on 20 times...this week!
    I'm not an AP holder, but I don't see why long lines are getting blamed on them. The overcrowding at the parks, that makes sense, but long lines? A person with an AP will be more likely to see a long wait and decide to come back later. They're not likely to be joining the line and making the wait even longer when they can literally come back next week in the morning when it's less busy.

I highly doubt they would eliminate AP's. We spend so much money there. I went last friday and dropped $40 just on pins! I go once a week and at the very least get a churro! It would be a lousy move on their part to discontinue APs.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I actually think this would be good. I have an AP and we are from Northern CA, so we visit about twice a year. I think if they made every guest pay for each time they enter the park, instead of just stopping by and watching shows, riding attractions, and being a dumping ground for local teenagers...this might be a welcome move in my book. I'm all for those that live close going as often as they can, but when you still get in so cheap, and let's face it, if you go a few times a month and pay under $500, that's a deal, it "inflates" the park artificially. We just got back yesterday for our first trip of the year, and we had 1 chance to see Fantasmic. Literally everyone around us was local, and camped out for hours before the show! Sorry Disney, but your blowing it here with the whole vacation, resort, idea.

This is kind of my point. Using the park multiple times a week and worry about increasing prices??? Meanwhile the family that comes from long distances is waiting in line for hours for a ride (RSR) that you've been on 20 times...this week!
    I agree with this post 100%, and this is the kind of thing I was trying to say. Them just strolling in at crowded times, and not giving any thought that many of the people here can't and won't be back for a while; it's not fair. Sure, it may not be that big of a line increase, but those minutes the APs add on keep tallying up, till you could have rode Indiana Jones two times with the time you lost.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by jyshin2 View Post
    I'm not an AP holder, but I don't see why long lines are getting blamed on them. The overcrowding at the parks, that makes sense, but long lines? A person with an AP will be more likely to see a long wait and decide to come back later. They're not likely to be joining the line and making the wait even longer when they can literally come back next week in the morning when it's less busy.
    Except for the independently wealthy (whom I would expect Disney would never deliberately alienate) anyone with a pass most likely has a job or has to go to school, and therefore does not have the luxary of coming back on an uncrowded morning. But they can come in the evening to "crowd out" entertainment venues, restaurants, and even some rides.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Senior Minion

Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I read something that irked me. Someone said they should not allow a payment plan. That's kind of discriminatory. "Hey, you can't afford to buy it outright, you don't deserve it!"
    There is nothing wrong with that. I am all for getting rid of the payment plan. People who really want it can save up for it and buy it when they have enough scratch. If they really must make monthly payments, the ticket booths accept all major credit cards. I think this would be an excellent way to thin out the herds since most people aren't responsible enough these days to save up for something that they want.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Fan 4 Life

So again, I have to ask how a person would know that all the people camped out are AP holders and locals. I have read several posts here from out of town folks that are willing to camp out for that, which apparently poster quoted here was also doing.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't think most people save up for what they really want. The world revolves around credit. What percentage of the population pays off their credit card each month? I don't think a very large percentage. More likely a small one.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I don't think most people save up for what they really want. The world revolves around credit. What percentage of the population pays off their credit card each month? I don't think a very large percentage. More likely a small one.
    Personally, if I ever had to put Disneyland (or any other luxury) on credit because I couldn't pay for it within the month, I would not buy it. Disneyland is not worth going in debt for. That's just how I see it.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
    • Minion

It depends how you look at it, I think. A lot of luxury services--health clubs, cable TV service (which IS a luxury), etc. are typically paid month by month. Season tickets to sports clubs, big ticket items like computers or TVs--payment plans are common with all of these. So are essentials--you probably pay your rent, cell phone bill, heat, etc. month by month. You could typically save up and pay for any of these but it lightens the load to do it month by month.

In that light, the payment plan is just like what is offered everywhere else. I don't see an issue with it. Maybe some do.

Another perspective is that Disneyland doesn't charge interest, and a credit card does--so by paying Disney instead of paying off a credit card balance, you're saving finance charges.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast