Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

They cut back on alot of things for the Club 33 members who are paying thousands, so Disney is not against doing something to make more profit with little regards to its clientele

Are these boards so quite on a weekend because all the APs are at the park? lol

I dont think they will ever get rid of APs. I do however think a change will happen weather its an elimination of lower tiers or just keep raising prices to reduce crowds yet maintaing the same income.

The one thing we can mostly agree on is the crowd levels especially on weekend evenings is too much. I am a tourist and as soon as it starts to get busy in the late afternoons and evenings the magic is gone and I just want to get out of their.

I do think locals deserve a price break. I just dont think the current model is working for the majority. I would be pissed if I was an AP who had paid $500+ for a pass and park is so crowded I could not enjoy everything that I want.

We should be pissed at Disney for this though not each other. They control the amount of people entering park. Hell if I paid only a couple of hundred bucks for a So. Cal pass I would go as often as I can. I went to the movies last night myself, the wife and our kids with snacks it was close to a $100 for a crappy movie. (two thumbs down "Here comes the boom")

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    I dont think they will ever get rid of APs. I do however think a change will happen whether its an elimination of lower tiers or just keep raising prices to reduce crowds yet maintaing the same income.

The one thing we can mostly agree on is the crowd levels especially on weekend evenings is too much. I am a tourist and as soon as it starts to get busy in the late afternoons and evenings the magic is gone and I just want to get out of their.
    Best way to lower the crowd levels on weekends is to get rid of the higher-tiered AP option. Not the lower tiers.
    I do think locals deserve a price break.
    And they should get a price break -- when it is not expected to be crowded, during what used to be called the "off-season." AP Program has eliminated the off-season, and it eliminates the need for TDA to worry about crowds. (Among many other things.)
    We should be pissed at Disney for this though not each other. They control the amount of people entering park. Hell if I paid only a couple of hundred bucks for a So. Cal pass I would go as often as I can. I went to the movies last night myself, the wife and our kids with snacks it was close to a $100 for a crappy movie. (two thumbs down "Here comes the boom")
    Not sure who is pissed at AP'ers, but they are blaming the wrong source.
    Most of us rational Anti-AP-Program folks understand that it's the program, and not the people who buy them and take advantage of the bargain.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

you do know that the AMC theater in down town disney gives us a discount with our AP's?? and GardenWalk gives a discount too, so another reason why Disney won't just off the AP's

I don`t think there are crowds at Gardenwalk. And AMC has competition,other movie houses,

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    I don`t think there are crowds at Gardenwalk. And AMC has competition,other movie houses,
    It doesn't matter about the competition, AMC gives us a discount with our AP's and garden walk gives us discounts at the restaurants and stuff also.I was just stating that this is a reason that disney won't take away the ap's those that use the discount at AMC are giving AMC money cause of the discount..i'd rather go and get my discount with my pass at the AMC then at a regal, at least it's a few bucks off the movie ticket price..

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    So again, I have to ask how a person would know that all the people camped out are AP holders and locals. I have read several posts here from out of town folks that are willing to camp out for that, which apparently poster quoted here was also doing.
    It's easy to figure out when every separate group talked about how they were local, and just in for a couple hours.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Banned User

This feels like a dead horse.

but, I feel compelled to add more PRO AP text.
    I'm sure it's a lot of AP envy.

Whoever said that AP's stand in the long lines... Some MAY, most do not. Most of us who frequent the park know when to get in line and when to skip it. I won't stand in a long line, I can come back later that day or another.

I've seen some speak of removing the top tier of the AP program. That reads as envy. There is no logical reason for that. Most top tier AP holders are loyal to Disney and as one, I know I spend more than the average tourist per visit. Some want to say, a tourists spending includes the ticket price. It doesn't. Tickets do not factor into the marketing spending patterns.

Also, fantasmic... The person complaining that the crowd was AP holders... I doubt it. Most AP have seen it more than once. Same with the parades. We have learned by now, this is prime ride time and the lines are fantasmic.

The Disney payment plan is genius and allows more people/families, enjoy the park. Cutting any of the AP programs would/could be considered, economic discrimination.

Stop complaining and enjoy the park. Or don't. Either way, I will still enjoy my visits.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

^^^^ thank you for your awesome post I agree 1000% SEE YOU AT THE PARKS!
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Stop complaining and enjoy the park. Or don't. Either way, I will still enjoy my visits.
    Hear, hear!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Whoever said that AP's stand in the long lines... Some MAY, most do not. Most of us who frequent the park know when to get in line and when to skip it. I won't stand in a long line, I can come back later that day or another.

I've seen some speak of removing the top tier of the AP program. That reads as envy. There is no logical reason for that. Most top tier AP holders are loyal to Disney and as one, I know I spend more than the average tourist per visit. Some want to say, a tourists spending includes the ticket price. It doesn't. Tickets do not factor into the marketing spending patterns.

Also, fantasmic... The person complaining that the crowd was AP holders... I doubt it. Most AP have seen it more than once. Same with the parades. We have learned by now, this is prime ride time and the lines are fantasmic.

The Disney payment plan is genius and allows more people/families, enjoy the park. Cutting any of the AP programs would/could be considered, economic discrimination.

THIS! x1000. Exactly how I feel.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Al Lutz`s latest article says overall attendence is up by 20,000 per day. Disney may see this as not needing to subsidize attendance with discounts . Not eliminate APs but change the program.

Ce sont les bons vieux jours.
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 10-16-2012 at 10:40 AM.

• Sock Puppet

exactly!!! most AP's seen fantasmic, and i don't ever see it anymore, so i am not apart of that "ap crowd watching fantasmic"..and its not fair to point at us Ap's holders and say that. we know when to and when not to ride rides and when the perfect time is..right? right and DJs said it above.. they are right, i have learned by now how to avoid parade times so i don't get stuck in that one single area,oh and i don't stand in the lines so count me out of the "ap's in the lines" statment too. And i too spend more at the parks then the average tourist.. so there you have it, Ap's spend more then tourists and we don't make up half the crowds in a single line for a ride as one would think.Also we don't waste our time usually watching something we've seen 4 billion times so again we use that time to ride rides and it works to our advantage..

here here! i am a PRO AP

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 12:20 PM ----------

Are these boards so quite on a weekend because all the APs are at the park? lol
    ha! nonsense.. we can access micechat from our phones..even if we are at the park.and crowds have nothing to with the AP holders that are local, it just so happens that families go to hotels to rest and nap and then come back at night to see the night life..

If you and the average AP have watched things 4 billion times x 900,000 APs , that`s denying many who traveled some distance with one shot to see.
    How can you say you spend more than the average tourist. Do you stay at the hotels around the park every night of the week. They are running at 85% capacity , as much as $400/night at GCH, for standard rooms x 365 days/year.The tourists match you churro to churro, t-shirt to t-shirt and are paying a premium for admission
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 10-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.

• My Children's Father

Maybe APHs should be required to buy stock in the company ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast