Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

• Doombuggy Rider

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

What a heated topic (& rightfully so) .... no, I do not see Annual Passes ever going away, but I do see their prices going UP (& perhaps a maximum amount available per year)!

If I was a Southern California resident who could afford an Annual Pass, I would invest in one (alas, I am not). My ONLY pet peeve is that the Disneyland Resort does nothing to help Out of State Park Guests save money (not enough discounts, or special offers that Southern California residents can get); while their competitors Knott's Berry Farm, and Universal Studios Hollywood do!

I get the impression the Suit n' Ties running Disneyland / DCA do not care about Out of State Park Guests (or Park Guests coming from outside of the United States), because if they did? There would be more "special offers & discounts" marketed to encourage our visits!

Alas, it will be 2015 by the time I get back to Disneyland (hopefully, by their 60th Anniversary the rehabs will be done, new rides / attractions will be available, changes will be made to herd crowds easily through the hubs & I'll be able to pay off investing in visiting before Admission Prices go up again) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

The AP debate rages on.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

Economic discrimination? So everyone has the right to visit Disneyland? It should be free in that case?
    Of course everyone has the right to visit. Just as everyone has the right to spend their money how they please. Just like everyone has the right to buy fresh fruit and frito lays.

---------- Post added 10-17-2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Maybe APHs should be required to buy stock in the company ...
    Thats sort of what we do. Our investment has its rewards. When the market is up, we visit more. When it's down, we visit less.

In all seriousness, what price points will APers tolerate?
    Would $1,000 for a premium, $750 for a deluxe and $500 for a SoCal really scare that many people away?
    Another thought what if the AP program turned into a X # of days per year pass program. If you want 365 days you pay $3,000 Minimum days pass 40 for $440 crazy yet possible $11/day

Quote Originally Posted by kfenn View Post
    In all seriousness, what price points will APers tolerate?
    Would $1,000 for a premium, $750 for a deluxe and $500 for a SoCal really scare that many people away?
    Another thought what if the AP program turned into a X # of days per year pass program. If you want 365 days you pay $3,000 Minimum days pass 40 for $440 crazy yet possible $11/day
    The next time I renew it will be $650 or higher for a PAP. At the point I am looking at it if its even worth it anymore. It seems with the last price hike some people started turning away and I know a few and thought it wasn't worth it anymore. I think prices right now are at the tipping point that some people will cave and some with shy away. I seen a family of 4 at the park trying to get APs but most of the days they were going were blocked and they could not afford a higher pass so they got parkhoppers.

Didn't Al say something a year ago that APs were going away in favor of a membership instead where you only pay for months you go? I could see that happening pay for only certain months then or pay a full year at a discount.

I really think Disney should have kept ticket prices and parkhoppers the same price and only raised APs and do away with monthly payment options. That may have helped balanced things a bit more. Someone buys a 1 one park hopper then realizes then can get a lower AP for a little more, then realizes most days are blocked so they get a higher AP.

Been an AP holder for the past 15 years. With the most recent price increases I have not renewed my pass which expired in Aug. It is now becoming a much bigger economic decision, (Esp when considering a family of 4) then I am ready to take on. In the end I probably will cave in and buy one the next time I go. My biggest beef with fellow APer's has been those who crowd out nonAPer's for things they have already seen/done/rode a hundred times before. Of course this does not mean all APer's are that way but the bad apples sure do smell bad.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by respect-others View Post
    My biggest beef with fellow APer's has been those who crowd out nonAPer's for things they have already seen/done/rode a hundred times before.
    Hmmm...I'm guess, per this statement then, as an APer, I shouldn't ride SM when there is a long line (for example) because I'm crowding non-APer's?

I may be misinterpreting that statement but I took it as since I have walked through the gates a hundred times before I just shouldn't show up at all as an APer because I would make the park more crowded. I most certainly don't expect any special treatment as an APer but I do expect to be able to enjoy any part of the park the same as a ticket paying guest.

If I misinterpret, I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by clara; 10-18-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typos

That is not what I meant so I am sorry if it came off as that. I was talking in terms of APers crowding in to ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain (even though they have done it a gazillion times) or the Lilly belle etc. Once you have done it I feel it is better to share the information with regular guests so that can experience it and their visits can be especially magical.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by kfenn View Post
    The AP debate rages on.

i know right? always ends up being about the AP's..always no matter the convo

---------- Post added 10-19-2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

Been an AP holder for the past 15 years. With the most recent price increases I have not renewed my pass which expired in Aug. It is now becoming a much bigger economic decision, (Esp when considering a family of 4) then I am ready to take on. In the end I probably will cave in and buy one the next time I go. My biggest beef with fellow APer's has been those who crowd out nonAPer's for things they have already seen/done/rode a hundred times before. Of course this does not mean all APer's are that way but the bad apples sure do smell bad.

What?

---------- Post added 10-19-2012 at 01:47 PM ----------

That is not what I meant so I am sorry if it came off as that. I was talking in terms of APers crowding in to ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain (even though they have done it a gazillion times) or the Lilly belle etc. Once you have done it I feel it is better to share the information with regular guests so that can experience it and their visits can be especially magical.
    why? IF i want to crowd into the wheelhouse with 15 other APH i will. If i want to share some insight info to another AP i will on the boards.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    why? IF i want to crowd into the wheelhouse with 15 other APH i will. If i want to share some insight info to another AP i will on the boards.
    ^^this, I agree

Just as I said in my previous post I most certainly don't expect any special treatment (such as I get to go to the front of a line becuase I'm an APer, no no no) but I do expect to be able to enjoy any part of the park the same as a ticket paying guest. If that means riding the Mark Twain or the Lilly Belle a GaGaZillion times, then I do it.
    Last edited by clara; 10-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ^^this

Just as I said in my previous post I most certainly don't expect any special treatment (such as I get to go to the front of a line becuase I'm an APer, no no no) but I do expect to be able to enjoy any part of the park the same as a ticket paying guest. If that means riding the Mark Twain or the Lilly Belle a GaGaZillion times, then I do it.
    yes thank you...

i mean who is to tell me what i can and cannot do in the parks as a APH.. i've ridden CS a zillion times, but i won't let someone stop me from crowding the line to ride in again..
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 10-19-2012 at 01:14 PM.

•   
    • Minion

yes thank you...

i mean who is to tell me what i can and cannot do in the parks as a APH.. i've ridden CS a zillion times, but i won't let someone stop me from crowding the line to ride in again..

the same people who say mickey's Halloween parties are only for kids and stop taking their candy

I say it;s mostly envy. I live in Northern California and people always frown upon me for my Disney obsession and the fact I have a AP that costs so much etc. These are the same people who take vacations to Disneyland so i don't get it lol It has to be envy also the same people who always talk crap to me are some of the first ones who want tips when it comes to visiting the parks lol

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    the same people who say mickey's Halloween parties are only for kids and stop taking their candy

I say it;s mostly envy. I live in Northern California and people always frown upon me for my Disney obsession and the fact I have a AP that costs so much etc. These are the same people who take vacations to Disneyland so i don't get it lol It has to be envy also the same people who always talk crap to me are some of the first ones who want tips when it comes to visiting the parks lol

ugh nightmares of the halloween thread just came to mind.. LOL totally agree with you!!

yes thank you...

I guess I have been way to kind all these years with my AP. I mean gosh darn it I have been an APer for 22 years running so I guess I have really wasted all those visits not rushing here and there. And club 33 let me you don't waste your time there. To think the last time I went there I sat next to Marty Sklar, witnessed his chair legs break when he pushed away from the table to leave after the meal and I ended up helping him get up and making sure he was okay. The 33 staff just watched the whole thing stunned doing nothing! His quote to me after I helped him up "they have got to do something about these chairs."
    I am glad Dland is still bringing the magic to APer's. sorry to have pushed any buttons

My Particular issue is that they hiked the premium annual pass fee almost 25% in one year. If it had been a gradual raise (like rent or utility charges) it wouldn't have been so bad.