Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

Certain AP's are never going away. I am starting a rumor that Disney is getting rid all park hopper passes and only allowing guests to enter with a premier AP!
    Last edited by Joshnyah; 12-31-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: It will not let me enter "of"

Speaking of Annual Passes in 2013 - here is a fine bit of Disney "magic" for you:

Lets suppose your pass is to expire on February 1, 2013. If you renew on April 1, 2013, your newly renewed pass will expire on..... February 1, 2014 !! You just paid for 12 months and received only 10!

This has happened to me twice now. I guess you might call it a failure to renew penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    What a heated topic (& rightfully so) .... no, I do not see Annual Passes ever going away, but I do see their prices going UP
    $699 in May for the Premium AP. Take it to the bank.

• Banned User

So what if the prices rise. Most will continue to pay for it. We'll be renewing this spring. We will continue to visit the park as often as we can.

The value is still ... Of value.

the promotions continue, the discounts remain the same, the magic of Disney will still be there and we will too.

The prices do not rise randomly, as anything, there is fiscal data to justify. Mostly data we are neither privy to or even consider.

• Sultan of Swing

I don't believe this
    As the new commercial while actually old with new voice-over says Get a Pass All Year for the New Year.
    Always read the fine print.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Lets suppose your pass is to expire on February 1, 2013. If you renew on April 1, 2013, your newly renewed pass will expire on..... February 1, 2014 !! You just paid for 12 months and received only 10!
    The issue here, as I see it, is that you "renewed." You did not purchase a new pass. If your intent was to have a pass from April1 - April 1, then you buy a new pass, you don't renew your old one.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    The issue here, as I see it, is that you "renewed." You did not purchase a new pass. If your intent was to have a pass from April1 - April 1, then you buy a new pass, you don't renew your old one.
    +1

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    +1
    I had a similar experiance. I went for my birthday in May on a 3 day hopper. I then went in Sept and used the last day of my hopper with intention to upgrade my ticket to an AP on the payment plan.

I was told that because I used my ticket in May, my AP would be from May 2012-May 2013, but I would still have to pay the full price. Needless to say I said, uh no, and walked away. It is a screw policy, they charge you for 12 months whether you get 12 months or not. Just bad policy.

If you first used your Park Hopper in May and wanted to apply the ticket towards an annual pass, I don't see a problem in the 12 month period from them even though you used your last day so much later. Frankly I am surprised you could do anything that late.
    The Mur

• Banned User

From date of use. It was paid for and used in May. I see no problem with what they told you.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I had a similar experiance. I went for my birthday in May on a 3 day hopper. I then went in Sept and used the last day of my hopper with intention to upgrade my ticket to an AP on the payment plan.
    What type of hopper even allows you to use it 4 months later? All the ones I have seen expires 2 weeks after first use.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    What type of hopper even allows you to use it 4 months later? All the ones I have seen expires 2 weeks after first use.
    It was a military salute ticket. I'm not sure if they have different rules or what.

My problem with the situaton is the fact that is is NOT documented anywhere. They just tell you. If I had been notified in May of this policy, I would have upped it in May and taken the hit, maybe making a few trips in the summer. But no one told me, i even asked then if i could up it in Sept and all they said was, "of course!" and no further details.

I guess I'm fed up wth companys gouging people for every penny they can is all.

I was one of those kids who went to Disneyland two or three times a year, now that I'm 25, I am lucky if I get to go once every two years. I agree that as a company, Disney is simply pricing non-locals out of being able to go. Even if you budget, things come up and it just makes it darn near impossible. But that is off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Speaking of Annual Passes in 2013 - here is a fine bit of Disney "magic" for you:

This has happened to me twice now. I guess you might call it a failure to renew penalty.

I would not renew then and instead just purchase it as if it is an all new pass, but if it did happen CM's at ticket booths or customer service should be able to override

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post

I was told that because I used my ticket in May, my AP would be from May 2012-May 2013, but I would still have to pay the full price. Needless to say I said, uh no, and walked away. It is a screw policy, they charge you for 12 months whether you get 12 months or not. Just bad policy.

This I have seen before because it is a multi day ticket and I remember reading somewhere that the tickets start counting from first day of use. So it tecnically makes sense according to their rules but you are right that it does not seem fair to pay for the full twelve months.

they do the same for grading passes too. If you have alower tiered pass and upgrade it to a more expensive one you pay the full price difference even if its four months later. As per their rules it is technically correct even though it seems like the fair thing would be to prorate the pass and charge for the value of whatever the remaining months would be for the higher ticketed pass since you already lost several days that would have been blocked out

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would not renew then and instead just purchase it as if it is an all new pass, but if it did happen CM's at ticket booths or customer service should be able to override
    Ditto. Charging a year's rate when you're only getting nine months out of the pass seems wrong. There's no advantage to renewing under those circumstances. I'd just buy a new pass and link it to my account online. However this might have been one of those nasty surprises - the OP might not have known until s/he got his new pass and saw the expiration date.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast