Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: No more annual passes in 2013?

It's hard to generalize the value of an AP just because of price increases. Especially the PAP. Everyones visiting habits are different. It comes down to simple math. If visit the park enough days out of the year that equals to or is greater than the price of a PAP, then its worth every penny. If not, then its not worth the price and standard tickets would be a better financial decision.

The Unofficial PAP Equation:
    (# of visits per year) x (1 day admission) > PAP = Buy PAP

With my visiting habits, I get into Disneyland for about $11 each time. Movies cost more than that. Yeah, I'm still good with the current price. Whats my limit for price increases? Depends if I can find enough aluminum cans to recycle.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    The Unofficial PAP Equation:
    (# of visits per year) x (1 day admission) > PAP = Buy PAP
    This is only true if you are only going for day trips. If, like me, you go 3 days at a time the equation is more like this:
    (Price of Park Hopper) x (# of planned trips) > Annual Pass Cost

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Speaking of Annual Passes in 2013 - here is a fine bit of Disney "magic" for you:

Lets suppose your pass is to expire on February 1, 2013. If you renew on April 1, 2013, your newly renewed pass will expire on..... February 1, 2014 !! You just paid for 12 months and received only 10!

This has happened to me twice now. I guess you might call it a failure to renew penalty.
    You shouldn't even be able to do that. They say all over the site that if your pass expires you will have to purchase a new pass and will not be able to renew.

California Annual Passholder
    Renew your Annual Passport, prior to the expiration date of your current Pass, with a single payment or use the Monthly Payments Option (read Frequently Asked Questions) to spread the cost of your pass over one year.

If your Annual Passport has already expired, you will need to purchase a new Passport.

Non-California Annual Passholder
    Renew your Annual Passport online, or send your renewal by mail. Either way, be sure to renew before your current Passport expires. Purchase a new Passport, if your current one has expired.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Speaking of Annual Passes in 2013 - here is a fine bit of Disney "magic" for you:

Lets suppose your pass is to expire on February 1, 2013. If you renew on April 1, 2013, your newly renewed pass will expire on..... February 1, 2014 !! You just paid for 12 months and received only 10!

This has happened to me twice now. I guess you might call it a failure to renew penalty.
    You should have questioned it when you saw the wrong expiration date.

I've done the above scenario twice in the 9 years I've had my PAP and NEVER has this happened to me.

• Banned User

Sounds fishy and probably not true.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I just got a new pass and they stopped printing the expiration date so they don't have to issue a new pass each year and they told me the ap program isn't going anywhere
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mekchin View Post
    I heard a rumor from that annual passes may be eliminated in 2013. The reason is because the average annual passholder does not spend as much money while in the parks as a tourist. I certainly hope this rumor is not true. Has anyone else heard this? I know if I can't buy an annual pass I will not go to the parks more than once a year. I will also stop collecting Disney. The bright side - I will save a lot of money!

umm not sure if that is true and we have already had threads and posts about this, and the money that said park guests and tourists spend.. we came to the conclusion that annual pass park guests do spend as much as a tourist in the park.. I know i do!

so if they cancel the AP program that would be just horrible and it would cause a bunch of problems, AP pass ales are such a big part of the DLR.

the AP program is going nowhere!! so don't worry people!

I see them raising the prices on annual passes significantly before eliminating it completely. Can you imagine a $1000 premium pass?

• Sock Puppet

well look at the premier pass, it's for both east coast and west coast disney parks plus parking etc and the water parks.. i think it went up this year to $800..yet the bicoastal park hoppers buy it, and they should! they enjoy the parks that much! i can see the AP for DLR being $1k in the future. I also can see that people will still be buying it, and or making the monthly payments.. an so the rumor of the AP program ending this year is just that, a Rumor.

• Disney fan

If I didn't buy into the DVC at the Grand Californian I would have cancelled my AP this year. I might just sell my DVC membership anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Sounds fishy and probably not true.
    it is absolutely true and i figured it was an "incentive" to renew before my pass expired. We are able to renew within 30 days prior to expiration.

it is not a big deal but i thought the information may help others reading here on micechat!

my kid is nine now and we are finding that we want to go to museums and landmarks more than Disneyland. it was great for the three to seven years. the kid wants to be with friends now and that is a logistical problem with DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I just got a new pass and they stopped printing the expiration date so they don't have to issue a new pass each year and they told me the ap program isn't going anywhere
    You might want to take a closer look at that pass. I just got mine in the mail today, and it has the expiration date, as does my drivers license, credit cards, etc. And I've maintained my pass for over 12 years.

• Thrill Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    You might want to take a closer look at that pass. I just got mine in the mail today, and it has the expiration date, as does my drivers license, credit cards, etc. And I've maintained my pass for over 12 years.
    I really think they are giving out 2 different types of passes. I got my PAP at the park and nowhere does it have any date, type of pass it is and is also missing the P for the parking. I saw a post someplace else of somebody who just got theirs in the mail and it has all the info mine is missing. All weekend long when using the pass for a discount and even parking we were asked what type of pass it was. Note I am not the person you were replying to - just backing them up that the new passes given out at the park lack this info.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

• Roller coaster enthusiast

As an annual pass holder for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and both Universal parks over here in Florida I'd really be suprised if Disney does away with their annual passes. Disney would litterally be taking two steps backward by doing that especially with the competition over here in Florida.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223