Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Do you think WDI has ideas on a replacement for Luigi's?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not every ride built is super popular, nor is everything new meant to be an E-ticket.

Disney doesn't build thing so that a year later they can plan a replacement. They build things they hope will last decades.
    Agreed, however this is not going to. It's Italian/California/Cars theming is confusing, they tires barely move and it's ridiculously slow loading. This is not one of those rides.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo234 View Post
    the first order of business is introducing new tires without the weight of the equipment for the spin effect that never really worked. That removes a few hundred pounds of rubber and introducing the new skirts for those tires, which are also much lighter.
    Rode Luigi's a couple weeks ago, couldn't get my tire going fast like last time, but the other folks in my party really got their tires going . . . couldn't figure out what it was, but then I noticed that their tires were a darker (newer?) shade of black, mine was almost greyish. So, I think that if you want to go fast you have to select the right tire, they're probably working on fixing them one at a time.

BTW, everybody else in my party loved Luigi's, even more than Mater's, though I like Mater's more.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Agreed, however this is not going to. It's Italian/California/Cars theming is confusing, they tires barely move and it's ridiculously slow loading. This is not one of those rides.
    I've seen people go really fast, even though they weren't trying to. The trick, is to pick the right tire. I believe that the new tires are a darker/unbleached shade of black, and boy do they go fast!

• HYDRA

I need to go on the new version
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Luigis flying Tires is not going anywhere if anything they would build a duplicate to increase capacity like how Maters Junkyard Jamboree is set up. from what I understand Carsland has a phase 2 its just a question of how quickly we will see that.

We LOVED this ride. In fact, it may have been our favorite in Carsland. Yup, I said it. The kids had a blast and so did my wife and I. We happened to go on a day that it rained and THAT was even more fun! Talk about a hurricane!!! I'll post a video of it later today when I get home and upload it. What an awesome time. I hope they DO NOT take this ride away.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by John Keola Lessary View Post
    We LOVED this ride. In fact, it may have been our favorite in Carsland. Yup, I said it. The kids had a blast and so did my wife and I. We happened to go on a day that it rained and THAT was even more fun! Talk about a hurricane!!! I'll post a video of it later today when I get home and upload it. What an awesome time. I hope they DO NOT take this ride away.
    Funny you said that because two people in my party, who hadn't been to Carsland yet when we went, experienced Carsland for the first time and said that Luigi's was their favorite ride, hands down! I think they got one of the new modified tires, mine didn't go as fast as the first time, but I agree, this attraction isn't going anywhere. It is unique, and if you get the right tire you often have a blast.

I still love Mater's the most, maybe even more than RSR, though they are both great rides.

Here is the ride video. Couple of key times...

2:35ish is when the ride start. You will see a lot of water in the air... That's not all rain. It's also the water coming off of the ground from the ride.

2:55... girls face on ride is CLASSIC!

Forewarning... I laugh hysterically... a lot. It was awesome.

Luigi's Flying Tires... In the RAIN! - YouTube

My camera ended up getting soaked from the ride and shut down. Took a whole day to start working properly again. It was worth it!

•   
    • Banned User

Now that's a great video. Thanks for filming that moment and sharing it. I'd say that moment about 2:35 should prove that the jets come out of the ground. ( Most here know that but every now and then I have to contend with some ill-informed goober who insists each car is it's own hovercraft. ) I felt kind of bad for that girl and all other people who were out there without a pancho. How much is it worth to avoid a cold? I'd say the cost of a pancho, easily. That's probably the first ( and maybe the only ) video I've ever seen of that ride in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Now that's a great video. Thanks for filming that moment and sharing it. I'd say that moment about 2:35 should prove that the jets come out of the ground. ( Most here know that but every now and then I have to contend with some ill-informed goober who insists each car is it's own hovercraft. ) I felt kind of bad for that girl and all other people who were out there without a pancho. How much is it worth to avoid a cold? I'd say the cost of a pancho, easily. That's probably the first ( and maybe the only ) video I've ever seen of that ride in the rain.
    YOU'RE WELCOME! It was such an awesome experience. I wish my GoPro didn't shut down and recorded the rest of the ride. Not much different than what I got but that was the best experience we had on the ride and I wish we could relive the whole thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12