Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think WDI has ideas on a replacement for Luigi's?

I know Cars Land and Luigi's are only a few months old and there are probably a lot of options to improve Luigi's, but do you think WDI has anything on the drawing board as a potential replacement for Luigi's if they are unable to upgrade the ride? What might fit into a Cars and Italian theme?

Disclaimer: I have not ridden LFT, but I have watched people ride it several times. I will ride it some day to see if it is as boring as it seems, but the guests on it just don't seem to be having much fun.

• Banned User

Re: Do you think WDI has ideas on a replacement for Luigi's?

I'd like to see smaller tires. Remember the ufo's?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I'd like to see smaller tires. Remember the ufo's?
    It would take a major redo but IMO if you had smaller tires and two areas for tires that could alternate it would go a long way in making this attraction a lot better. You would get faster tires and constant loading and unloading.

• Under that tree again!

Not every ride built is super popular, nor is everything new meant to be an E-ticket.

Disney doesn't build thing so that a year later they can plan a replacement. They build things they hope will last decades.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not every ride built is super popular, nor is everything new meant to be an E-ticket.

Disney doesn't build thing so that a year later they can plan a replacement. They build things they hope will last decades.
    love that

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    . . . do you think WDI has anything on the drawing board as a potential replacement for Luigi's. . .
    I hope not. I love this original ride.

Many decades ago the flying saucers celebrated a "retro-futuristic" look that would become popular. I used to see pictures of people on it and, like "The Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland" and the earliest Circlevision films, I though I'd like to experience that. Now I can and we had a blast on Luigi's. It fits the Carsland theme and, as far as I know, is unlike any other ride at a major theme park. People travel to see things that are different, so even if people just walk past this they might think, "Now there's something new."
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post

Disclaimer: I have not ridden LFT, but I have watched people ride it several times. I will ride it some day to see if it is as boring as it seems, but the guests on it just don't seem to be having much fun.
    I went on Luigi's weeks ago, with the mixed reviews from Micechat in the back of my mind, so my expectations were low.

I had a great time! The ride was a lot more fun than I had expected. I was able to get the tire going pretty quickly, and it was nice doing something active while experiencing something novel. I couldn't help but smile when I walked out on to the platform with the air hissing. I sort of felt like the ride would be lame, but once they turned up the air pressure, it was a lot of fun, and felt a lot longer than what it is.

You know the air pressure is going to be turned off when the ride ends, so the deadline sort of prods you to have as much fun as possible.

Also loved Mater's as much as RSR as the ride has a great tie-in with Radiator Springs, i.e. you are at Mater's junkyard. The theming is awesome, and the ride was a lot more fun than I expected b/c it really whips you around and you feel like you are going to smash the cow tractors.

I don't get why folks are talking about taking out the tires. It is a fun ride that everybody should ride at least a couple times, if not more. Yeah, there's a lot of teacups rides, but Disneyland's Mad Hatter teacups are a special place with all of the theming, same with Mater's and Luigi's, plus you really can't find a ride like Luigi's anywhere, at least not as far as I know, and especially not one in Radiator Springs.

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I hope not. I love this original ride.
    Agree. They really did a great job designing the queue, and the ride makes sense being in Carsland. It's not like the ride is an off-the-shelf ride, or similar to other rides, like Bugsland rides, and I think it is better than all these rides combined.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

"Hope" would be the operative word. Intentions do not always work with reality.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    "Hope" would be the operative word. Intentions do not always work with reality.
    I'm not too sure about that. They hoped that Innoventions would last for decades and it looks like it has.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Team Hail HYDRA

ive heard rumors that a new atupia would go in a few years

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Disney may build a stand-in with an intentionally short lifespan. This may not be the case here with Luigi's, however they will make the adjustments they need to make. I have also heard that Autopia is leaving Tomorrowland in the future and a similar experience will make its way into Carsland.

the first order of business is introducing new tires without the weight of the equipment for the spin effect that never really worked. That removes a few hundred pounds of rubber and introducing the new skirts for those tires, which are also much lighter.

It didn't last decades the first time they built this ride (1961 -1966). Why did they think it would do better this time?

This ride is a bad example of new imagineers nostalgic for the rides they remember as kids but unaware whey the ride failed the first time around.

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    ... It's not like the ride is an off-the-shelf ride, or similar to other rides, like Bugsland rides, and I think it is better than all these rides combined.
    I do love the fact that it's not an off the shelf ride, and it is better than anything in bugsland (with maybe the exception of Francis' LadybugBoogie).
    Last edited by PecosBill; 12-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    It didn't last decades the first time they built this ride (1961 -1966). Why did they think it would do better this time?
    The Flying Saucers had problems which is part of why it didn't last long. In Luigi's Flying Tires they designed it so it wouldn't have those same problems.

• Of Two Minds, or More

I finally went on Luigi's for the first time last weekend. It's fun. The kid I took was laughing the whole time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast