Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Team Hail HYDRA

Talking Have you ever been stuck on a ride??

tell me your story and what rides you been stuck on.
    post pics and videos!!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Have you ever been stuck on a ride??

(Month?) 2001 - Stuck on Hollywood Limo ride in DCA thanks to something catching fire inside the ride.

July 2003 - Stuck on Splash Mountain, right at the base of the final incline. I had to listen to the cackling vultures for about 45 minutes before we were allowed to continue, talk about building suspense. It was miserable because of the 5 people on this log, I was one of only two who were sober. ( Sadly, 3 of my friends smuggled in a 2-liter bottle of some pre-mix that I didn't know about until we were in the park. They were smashed. I had to choose between loyalty to my friends and my strong inclination to have security kick them out of the park for the betterment of everyone else's day. )

December 200? - Stuck on PotC right before the first drop, by the talking skull. Actress Dianne Keaton was in our boat so we got a bit of time to talk, maybe 30 minutes or so.

• I'm not really here

Stuck on Monorail over sub lagoon while the power on the beam kept coming on and off. Every 5 minutes for half an hour the pilot would say "Once again everyone, I'd like to welcome you to monorail red..." It became a joke with everyone onboard. Eventually they just towed us into Tomorrowland station.

Stuck on Screamin' about 8 feet out of the station. We were past the load platform in the front 3 rows so they evacuated everyone else off the ride except the 6 of us. They had some trouble manually releasing the brakes but eventually got it and pushed the train back up into the station and let us out.

Stuck on Space Mountain right underneath the ride photo camera. Last to be evaced here as well. They just popped the safety bars and had us hop down 4 feet to the walkway.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Stuck on Jungle Book Cruise and at WDW The Test Track racers, twice!

• We set sail for the sky

A few years ago we were stuck on Indiana Jones, about ten feet before the unloading area, a half hour before the park closed, on the last night of our trip. It was frustrating since we could have easily walked off the ride without incident, (the people in front of us did just that and they were disciplined by the ride operators and possibly thrown out of the park.) But it's important to follow the safety procedures.

Last year we were also evacuated from TSMM which was kind of cool. Of course my dream is to see Space Mountain with the lights on someday.

I got stuck on Peter Pan's Flight a few seconds after leaving the initial "nursery" scene. Hovered over "London" for about half an hour and got to see what everything looks like with the work lights on -- which is kinda ugly! Noticed some big plastic bags (like the kind your dry cleaning comes back in) just laying on the floor, which in the dark provide the banks of "fog". Funny to see the maintenance guys come in, marching over London like Godzilla! I enjoyed "hanging out" and took some pictures (sorry, they're slides and are buried in a box somewhere...). Unfortunately, this incident caused some strife for my Dad, because my extra adventure caused me to be late meeting him to leave for the airport (this was my very last ride of the day that I had thought I could squeeze in). This was back in 1985, so cell phones were still something only James Bond and George Jetson might have had. However, despite my Dad's worry about his MIA son and anxiety that we'd miss our flight, we still made it. In my haste leaving the Park, though, I forgot to stop by the storage lockers and pick up a few items. Realizing this at the airport, I called Disneyland (from a pay phone!) to rectify the situation. Once home, I mailed them the little key, and a few days later, a big padded envelope came in the mail, containing all of my forgotten items! Huge points (of course) for Disneyland!
    Last edited by Werner; 10-03-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo

• I'm from Canada eh!

We were stuck on the Matterhorn and were evacuated, got to go through the mountain. Tried to take a few pics, but the CM yelled at us.

Stuck in the Haunted Mansion right in front of the Ghost Quartet for about fifteen minutes. I can still hear that song in my sleep. My video batteries were dead or I would have recorded the entire thing.

• a damsel not in distress

my family and i got stuck recently in the little mermaid ride for over twenty minutes. we were right in the middle of the "under the sea" scene; suffice it to say, we were singing that song for the rest of the day

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

2011- POTC, on a day where the ride was messing up in every scene..of course being there for 15 min just listening to the last 3 pirates in the last room before the incline back to the queue was crazy itself

• Foolish Mortal

Let me see...I've been stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean in the area where the jail scene is for a good 20 minutes. I've been stuck on the Haunted Mansion many times. On that ride I've been stuck in the hallway and the attic scene, and the part where you're going down backwards when you exit the attic. I couldn't tell you how that hurt my back. I've also been stuck in the graveyard where one of those popping ghosts are. For Indy I've been stuck on that many many times as well. On that ride I've been stuck on the part right after you look into the eyes of Mara. I've been stuck on the bridge, and I've been stuck in the area with the rats.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

I've been on many rides that have stopped for 5-ish minutes, probably for handicap loading.
    In Little Mermaid, we got to sing Part of Your World about 3 or 4 times in a row at the top of our lungs before we started moving again. I'm sure our neighbors loved us. In Buzz Lightyear I was able to get a 1,000,000+ score while stuck in front of Zurg for a few minutes, as well. Lol. That was awesome, except the pictures got messed up and my friends in the next car got my score!

However, there was one time we got stuck in Haunted Mansion on the part where you go down backward into the cemetery. We had to wait until a CM popped the safety bar before we could get up (not easy!) and walk out - with all the lights on. It was kinda neat.

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    Stuck in the Haunted Mansion right in front of the Ghost Quartet for about fifteen minutes. I can still hear that song in my sleep. My video batteries were dead or I would have recorded the entire thing.
    This is one of my dreams. I always wish I could stop in front of the quartet for a while to listen and look around. Prolly my favorite part of the doom buggy section of the ride.

---------- Post added 10-03-2012 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    2011- POTC, on a day where the ride was messing up in every scene..of course being there for 15 min just listening to the last 3 pirates in the last room before the incline back to the queue was crazy itself
    I've been stuck there for a while when a fairly large amount of boats got backed up just prior to the final lift. It was fun to watch the pirates shooting at each other and really get a chance to see some of the details you normally wouldn't see.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

Over the years, I've been stuck on The Haunted Mansion many times.

• Some imagination, huh?

I just recently got stuck on RSR. Yes very common but I got stuck on it twice in the same ride. When the ride is down the animatronics look a little creepy as their eyes just stay put.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast