Thread: In Park Tipping

In Park Tipping

So last time i was in the park i ate at the Big Thunder BBQ, and when i got the bill i was not sure if i leave a tip. When ever i eat at Blue Bayou i leave i tip. I ended leaving a few dollers which would only add up to around a 5% tip.
    So i was wondering are you supposted to tip at BTRBBQ and the other sitdown restaurants of the parks?
    Also which in-park restaurant do you tip at?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Natenob; 10-05-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Re: In Park Tipping

My rule of thumb is to tip 20% at any restaurant where I'm being served, and 15% if they are only clearing the tables (like a buffet). For character meals where the tip is not included, I also tip 20%.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

I tip on service - not long ago I ate at Carnation Cafe are got amazing service and left a nice tip. I ate somewhere else the lady took my order - someone else brought the food - my soda was gone didn't get no more - didn't see the lady until she came with the bill - bad service bad tip. I say tip on service.

You should tip at any sitdown resturant that takes your order and brings your food/drinks to you. I will leave a few dollars at Rancho Del Zagato because they clean the table for you.

i heard that CMs cant accept tips. SO when I ate at BTBBQ a couple years ago, i didnt know what to do!!

The following day I consulted my CM friend who mostly has worked at sit down restaurants in the parks and he said "YES! you can and should tip at any sit down place where they take your order and serve you at your table. Just like any outside restaurant."

• Sock Puppet

i tipped at the CCT.. but i didn't think CM's accepted tips..so i am not sure really either if i should leave a tip.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Natenob View Post
    So last time i was in the park i ate at the Big Thunder BBQ, and when i got the bill i was not sure if i leave a tip. When ever i eat at Blue Bayou i leave i tip. I ended leaving a few dollers which would only add up to around a 5% tip.
    So i was wondering are you supposted to tip at BTRBBQ and ther sitdown of the parks?
    Also which in-park restaurant do you tip at?
    Thanks!
    Why would you not tip at BTR BBQ?

20% at sit downs, 12-15% for buffet where the tip isn't added in. Of course, better service gets a better tip.

I tip at BTR BBQ, Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, Minnies, Carthay, Wine COuntry, and if service is above average, I will add something to Ariel's as tip is usually included.

---------- Post added 10-04-2012 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    i heard that CMs cant accept tips.
    There are several tippable positions in the resort. Examples are servers, housekeepers, valet, bell staff, and tour guides. If the position is tippable in the outside world, then Disney CMs can accept a tip.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Why would you not tip at BTR BBQ?

20% at sit downs, 12-15% for buffet where the tip isn't added in. Of course, better service gets a better tip.

I tip at BTR BBQ, Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, Minnies, Carthay, Wine COuntry, and if service is above average, I will add something to Ariel's as tip is usually included.

---------- Post added 10-04-2012 at 06:35 PM ----------

There are several tippable positions in the resort. Examples are servers, housekeepers, valet, bell staff, and tour guides. If the position is tippable in the outside world, then Disney CMs can accept a tip.

Correctamundo! Tip just like you would in the outside world. As far as CMs not being able to accept tips; my DH tried to give a tip to a CM working one of the stores who really went WAY beyond the call of duty to find a particular tshirt we wanted for our DS. Called just about every possible store in the park AND their supply area, double checked size, color, etc to be sure it was EXACTLY the one we wanted, then had them ring it up for us & arranged to send it to our room. All this about 45 mins before closing. She told us that she was not allowed to accept our tip, but appreciated it just the same. She got a glowing review at City Hall.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I only tip at sit down service and even then that is based on the service given to me. Provide a great service and you'll get 20% otherwise it's way less if you give bad service, if anything at all. But that's my personal opinion, and that goes for outside of the DLR as well.

• Disneyland History Lover

I think it's customary to tip anywhere you are waited on. This applies to the parks, too. I usually multiply the sales tax by two and leave that as the tip. And if the person waiting on me does an above-average job, I leave a bit more.

• former CM

I always slip the CM a $20 as I get on the ride part of the Haunted Mansion and on Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and I always seem to get one of the best vehicles. What works in the high-class joints in Jersey, Manhattan & Vegas works at Disney.

It's always great to tip at sit downs, but at quick services where you are not served sitting down, It's perfectly fine not to. Actually, the cast members wiping down the tables and sweeping find it quite odd if you leave a tip.

Remember if it's not sit down, cast members don't need tip (although I applaud those who are courteous enough), Cast members think it's their duty to give you world class service. It's their job.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003