Wherefore Oswald?

In my recent trip to DCA I noticed something I found rather odd. We have an Oswald Gas Station, Oswald ears, and yet no Oswald walk around character. What better way to introduce that character to the public (outside of a videogame) than a walk around character that resembles the ears and pictures sold at the gas station? Does anyone else feel like this is a wasted opportunity?
    While I would love an Oswald ride (possibly at the pier themed after a funhouse?), I recognize that may not be feasible right now. At the very least, we should have a walk around.

• Banned User

Re: Wherefore Oswald?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcooger View Post
    In my recent trip to DCA I noticed something I found rather odd. We have an Oswald Gas Station, Oswald ears, and yet no Oswald walk around character. What better way to introduce that character to the public (outside of a videogame) than a walk around character that resembles the ears and pictures sold at the gas station? Does anyone else feel like this is a wasted opportunity?
    While I would love an Oswald ride (possibly at the pier themed after a funhouse?), I recognize that may not be feasible right now. At the very least, we should have a walk around.
    Sounds like a good idea to me, no reason to believe that Oswald wouldn't be popular with the kids, as he looks a lot like Mickey, but obviously isn't the Mouse, I think adult guests would want pictures with him too as a novelty.

no more Oswald ears until December. Was there Oct 9 and could not get a pair as they were sold out

• Doombuggy Rider

I'm all for an Oswald Character meet n' greet @ DCA (c'mon Team Disney Anaheim - get the Oswald Rabbit Ear Hats, along with an Oswald experience, ready before the Yuletide starts) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• disdad70

I too have been asking the same thing since Buena Vista Street opened in June. Disney seems intent on marketing Oswald in many ways and most kids now know of him from the Epic Mickey video games. Thematically it would make sense to have Oswald appear at the front of the park to truly represent Walt's arrival to LA in the 1920's. Anywhere between the turnstiles and the Hyperion bridge would be appropriate.

I would love to see lots of vintage Disney characters in black and white/grayscale costumes roaming BVS. It's supposed to represent the age of the beginning of the Disney studios anyway. They could be in their early forms as well (i.e. Donald with a longer beak and narrower head.) Most likely it would make for an extremely popular photo op (even with jaded regulars). I'm sure Disney would never do it though, as the character department has to adhere to strict regulations of "character integrity", so little Timmy won't ask," Why does the Mickey here look different than the one in Toontown?".

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune Red View Post
    I would love to see lots of vintage Disney characters in black and white/grayscale costumes roaming BVS. It's supposed to represent the age of the beginning of the Disney studios anyway. They could be in their early forms as well (i.e. Donald with a longer beak and narrower head.) Most likely it would make for an extremely popular photo op (even with jaded regulars). I'm sure Disney would never do it though, as the character department has to adhere to strict regulations of "character integrity", so little Timmy won't ask," Why does the Mickey here look different than the one in Toontown?".
    They use the black-and-white Mickey for Fantasmic, on the Mark Twain as "Steamboat Willie". I believe they have one in the black-and-white room for Mickey's House in ToonTown as well. Would love to see Clarabelle, Horace, etc. on Buena Vista Street, though.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?