Holiday Fireworks/Parade

Does anyone know or suspect that Disney has plans to Make the Christmas parade and fireworks a separate ticketed event like they do for Halloween?

I think making the parades and fireworks for a separate ticketed event is kind of messed up. Is there some reasoning behind the decision that really does make it necessary?

I was hoping that if you are already buying a full day ticket that you could add on the Halloween party for a much smaller fee. I saw that it was a bit cheaper buying the tickets in advance, but still quite pricey when we were already buying park hoppers. I maybe would be less bothered if we lived closer and we could go to the park more frequently, then it wouldn't be a big deal to me to just pay and only do the Halloween party. By the way, do AP's get a discount on the Halloween Party tickets?

If they end up doing something similar for Christmas, I want to see the fireworks and parade so much I'll probably plan on paying to go to it. I just really hope they don't make it separate! lol
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Under that tree again!

Re: Holiday Fireworks/Parade

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Does anyone know or suspect that Disney has plans to Make the Christmas parade and fireworks a separate ticketed event like they do for Halloween?
    I'm surprised they haven't done this already. It's just my speculation but next year it may happen now that DCA is upto full speed.

I think making the parades and fireworks for a separate ticketed event is kind of messed up. Is there some reasoning behind the decision that really does make it necessary?
    There is a huge reason, the almighty dollar. These private events are huge cash cows. For Disney it adds to the bottom line. For other park such as Knotts and Universal the Halloween events make it the busiest time of the year and a huge part of thier total attendance. Adding on special events is the way to go for many businesses.

I was hoping that if you are already buying a full day ticket that you could add on the Halloween party for a much smaller fee. I saw that it was a bit cheaper buying the tickets in advance, but still quite pricey when we were already buying park hoppers. I maybe would be less bothered if we lived closer and we could go to the park more frequently, then it wouldn't be a big deal to me to just pay and only do the Halloween party. By the way, do AP's get a discount on the Halloween Party tickets?
    APs do get a discout on the less popular parties. I'd guess if AP who get the discounts didn't make up such a large part of the parties, Disney would offer a package ticket to lure people into coming the whole day.

If they end up doing something similar for Christmas, I want to see the fireworks and parade so much I'll probably plan on paying to go to it. I just really hope they don't make it separate! lol
    I would too, plus in WDW at the MK where they do Christmas Parties you get cookies and cocoa.