• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Let's jump into the future: Disneyland ticket prices are now at $100 even.

Well, here's a few questions:

1. Do you think ticket prices will reach $100? In the near future? Wayyyyyyy in the distant future? Are we gonna stay at the same prices for awhile?

2. How do you think this will affect your trips to the park? If you have an annual pass, let's say the passes all go up $100 more as well. Do you still buy one? How about if you want to take a family vacation? Do you purchase the tickets at the gate? Or do you just get really mad and forget the whole thing, opting for a nice slip and slide in your front yard and a hose as your summer vacation.

3. If and when ticket prices go up this high, how do you think that will affect the crowd attendance? Seeing as how middle class and lower class income familes can hardly afford the ticket prices now...who do you think will be buying $100 tickets without blinking an eye?

Just some random thoughts I had going through my head today...

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Let's jump into the future: Disneyland ticket prices are now at $100 even.

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    Well, here's a few questions:

1. a) Do you think ticket prices will reach $100? In the near future?
    b) Wayyyyyyy in the distant future?
    c) Are we gonna stay at the same prices for awhile?

2. a) How do you think this will affect your trips to the park?
    b) If you have an annual pass, let's say the passes all go up $100 more as well. Do you still buy one?
    c) How about if you want to take a family vacation?
    d) Do you purchase the tickets at the gate?
    e) Or do you just get really mad and forget the whole thing, opting for a nice slip and slide in your front yard and a hose as your summer vacation.

3. a) If and when ticket prices go up this high, how do you think that will affect the crowd attendance?
    b) Seeing as how middle class and lower class income familes can hardly afford the ticket prices now...who do you think will be buying $100 tickets without blinking an eye?

Just some random thoughts I had going through my head today...
    1. a) Near future? No.
    b) Within, say 10 years? Yes.
    c) About a year before the next price increase.

2. a) I can't afford the current ticket prices, so it won't affect my visiting habits.
    b) N/A.
    c) N/A. It's a one-day trip for us.
    d) No.
    e) Certainly, there are other vacationing options. We're contemplating a 4th-July Maui trip at the moment. We have free air mileage and someone else setting up the condos.

3. a) As long as there is an AP Program, raising daily admission prices won't be any lower crowd levels. You see, an APer's daily admission doesn't increase, and an increase in AP Price only induces more visits to the park (thus keeping the APer's average daily admission cost the same). That is assuming rational behavior in APer's, though.
    b) Rich people. Obviously. Frankly, I wonder just how many guests purchase a one-day ticket. Gotta be less than 5% of the admissions on average. And middle-class peoples will just go less frequently. Birthdays? Well, maybe every fifth birthday instead?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've been thinking about this myself for a while.

I guess the biggest factors would be inflation and how far into the future we're talking here.

After the recent price increase, I saw several people say that, to their understanding, the park's ticket prices are related to how much it would cost to go see a movie, and multiply that by some number, and there's general admission.

The problem is, Disneyland is running out of room for new attractions. That doesn't mean the resort can't expand, but Disneyland is now more limited in space for anything new. So, what will happen when all the extra space is gone? Would that justify the same rate of increases in ticket prices? To be in accordance with inflation, I wouldn't say that pushing the price up a little would be insane, but at the rate that it's going now? No.

If the price reached $100 in ten years, I highly doubt a lot of people would be attending the park. Just people with money to throw around. If APs were subjected to have some equilibirum from an equation derived from a regular ticket price...nobody would be buying them in ten years, save celebrities.

What is needed in that case? A recession.

Disneyland shouldn't only be for one group of individuals. People come from all over the world just to come and see Disneyland...for some, it will be the only trip they ever take, because even they can't afford it.

Disneyland isn't like flying to take a trip to Hawaii for a month, or a cruise, or anything like that. It is a theme park. Therefore, it needs to be affordable.

• Banned User

If I had the mney, I would go and often. But also I live so far away from the parks. would I pay for the 100 dollar ticket, not at this time, but qwho knows what the future brings, maybe I will have money by then lol!

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'll keep renewing my PAP...

I wish that they would offer a lifetime AP, like other parks do. I'd get one.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    I wish that they would offer a lifetime AP, like other parks do. I'd get one.
    Given how much they'd be charging for that, not many people would be able to afford it.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I think they might be surprised...

They should try it, maybe for a limited time, just to see.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

prices are just crazy right now. I will faint the day I see a one day ticket for $100.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

When ticket prices reach $100 I doubt it will affect attendance. People want to go to Disneyland and will continue to pay. I do however belive this will be some time in the future and as a result of inflation.

Isn't the current plan to slowly continue to raise prices until they are on par with the parks of WDW? This way there is just a US Disney ticket instead of Disneyland and WDW tickets? Hell, I'd pay more to go to Disneyland than Magic Kingdom already.

• My Children's Father

A lot can happen between now and then. I doubt Disney would ever raise the price to the point that only Bill Gates and Family could attend. If they really wanted to reduce the number of people in the park, there are other ways to do it, but they don't, so I think they will keep the prices at a level that will keep the parks well attended (maybe not as crazy as it's been for the 50th, but they don't want the historically typical mid-week in February kind of attendance either.

As long as my salary keeps up with their prices, I'll probably go as much ..... of course my kids will hopefully be grown and moved out ( ) by the time the prices go up that much, I'm not sure how much that will affect my attendance .....they like the DLR more than their mother .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"