Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Plaza Inn Rejection

Quote Originally Posted by pushforth View Post
    So my better half fell in love with the Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn last week and wanted to make that her last meal @ DL last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ...But make a mental note next time of the closing time and just try and get in *before* that time!
    Sorry for the negative experience (and since I wasn't there, I can't know whether the CM was right or wrong), but as others have said, if you know that the fried chicken is a priority, then don't put it off until last. Make sure to schedule it earlier so that you both can enjoy your meal. And the chicken will probably taste better well before closing, too, since it won't be the last pieces sitting in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    If the rope is JUST being put up, and there weren't any people behind them, close AFTER they get in line.
    YES! Thank you!

---------- Post added 10-06-2012 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    ya shoulda slipped him a $20......JUST KIDDING!
    Hahaha! Totally!!!

---------- Post added 10-06-2012 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    Sorry for the negative experience (and since I wasn't there, I can't know whether the CM was right or wrong), but as others have said, if you know that the fried chicken is a priority, then don't put it off until last. Make sure to schedule it earlier so that you both can enjoy your meal. And the chicken will probably taste better well before closing, too, since it won't be the last pieces sitting in the pan.
    Had no idea when it was closing. I figured Disney would do with their diners like they do with their Attractions... open until park is closed. The meal was not a high priority... we weren't going to skip our favorite attractions to make it on time (had we known it closed when it did).

We ended up eating the Chicken-Fried-Chicken at Carnation Cafe (which was open until the park closed)... very good! But not the same

It wasn't a big deal. Just got annoyed at it. Bummed really.

Agree about the Chicken Fried Chicken at Carnation Cafe. Tasty, can be enough for two with the addition of the baked potato soup, but definitely not the same as the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn. Still, it's nice to know that you have a back-up meal, if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12