• șoș Tom șoș

Snoop's Disney related Urban Legends

Friend of mine sent me a link to something called Snoops, apparently they compile urban legends and try to qualify them:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/disney.asp?music=off

No surprises in most catagories but thought I would share them on here too (most of you already know these very well):

The Disney theme parks remain the most tantalizing and alluring portions of Walt Disney's legacy. We've all wondered what mysterious and exciting new attractions are being dreamt up by the Imagineers, what ideas never made it past the drawing board, and what little secrets may be hidden in existing rides. Furtive rumors about the parks are plentiful: tales of hushed-up kidnappings and deaths, private clubs, and selective admissions abound. Although the truth usually turns out to be far less exciting than the rumors, many of these stories are as beloved by Disney fans as the parks themselves.

The entries indexed on this page are preceded by colored bullets:
    identifies true entries.
    identifies false entries.
    identifies entries of undetermined or ambiguous veracity.
    identifies entries of indeterminate origin.
    Select this link for an expanded definition of our rating system.

Disney Theme Parks

A private club exists within New Orleans Square at Disneyland.
    A private club can be found near Pirates of the Caribbean at Walt Disney World.
    Several guests have been killed on Disneyland attractions.
    A cast member was killed on America Sings.
    A young girl died while riding Body Wars at EPCOT.
    No one is ever declared dead while on Disney property.
    Disneyland used to deny admission to long-haired male guests.
    Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev was denied permission to visit Disneyland in 1959.
    The actual plane from the film Casablanca is part of The Great Movie Ride at Disney-MGM Studios.
    The newly opened Haunted Mansion closed after a guest suffered a fright-induced heart attack.
    Walt Disney's face appears on one of the singing busts in the Haunted Mansion's graveyard.
    The horse-drawn hearse in front of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is the actual hearse used to carry Brigham Young's body.
    Children have been abducted from Disney parks by kidnappers.*
    Matterhorn mountain at Disneyland houses a basketball court.
    Disneyland's Skyway was permanently closed because a guest fell from one of the cabins. Women bare their breasts for the camera on Splash Mountain. Costumed cast members molest Disneyland guests.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Snoop's Disney related Urban Legends

Yeah I read that stuff years ago. I like it though . Heck my teacher showed it to us in class on the projection screen and we laughed at the little mermaid video thing and the nude woman picture in The Rescuers.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ah yes, the urban legends are loads of fun to read.

The Skyway thing was planned by the guy, though...just another reason to sue Disneyland. Idiot. Had he not jumped out of the cabin, the ride would probably still be there.

And to my understanding, the "basketball court" is more like a half-court. But hey, still counts

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Ah yes, the urban legends are loads of fun to read.

The Skyway thing was planned by the guy, though...just another reason to sue Disneyland. Idiot. Had he not jumped out of the cabin, the ride would probably still be there.

And to my understanding, the "basketball court" is more like a half-court. But hey, still counts
    Thats the only one I sorta contest, until you look at the link in the text and it tells the whole story but its sorta not right but sorta is...

• Why do you keep talking?

AHAHAHAH with the wording of "snopes" as "snoop's" in the tittle I thought this had to do with the artist Snoop Dogg

I like snopes, it's great for all of those internet rumor e-mails that go around, and I've always liked the company ones (like Disney and coke)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    AHAHAHAH with the wording of "snopes" as "snoop's" in the tittle I thought this had to do with the artist Snoop Dogg
    Me too! And I was all over it until I saw it was about snopes.com

My hubby always calls this "snoops" and I'm always so irritated by it and find that I can't stop myself from correcting him and saying, "It's snopes." Then he can be irritated, too.

Anyway, I used to always get those stupid chain emails and reply to all with a link to the false story on Snopes but it got old quickly. I love reading through the Disney ones, though, I had no idea about most of the deaths until reading that a few months ago.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    To me, it looks only as big as the key (or "the paint" as they call it now, or the "3-second zone").
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."