Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Trip Report - October 2nd to October 4th, 2012

I just got back to Colorado after a week in California with a 3-day Park Hopper to Disneyland and California Adventure.

Tuesday was by far the most taxing day because it was about 104 degrees outside with little to no cloud cover. As far as crowds go it wasn't necessarily too crowded. Of course the typical parts of Tomorrowland and Main Street were a little packed but a majority of the wait times were under 20-30min. I walked on Haunted Mansion Holiday and waited about 20min for Splash Mountain. Seeing that it was so hot outside I spent most of the day searching for indoor attractions or rides that had shaded wait areas.

Wednesday was a little disjointed because I had some family meet me inside the park so I spent time doing the kid rides, like the dreaded Small World, and stuff in Fantasyland again. I did manage to drag them onto Haunted Mansion Holiday again so that was nice. The weather also cooled down a bit so it was a little more bearable. I utilized the Magic Morning for DCA as well and managed to walk on both Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Toy Story Mania. I rode Toy Story again and it was a 45min wait. I also rode the new Matterhorn Bobsleds and I can officially put my opinion on the new seats/sleds. They are really uncomfortable. I sat in the middle on the Fantasyland track and my legs were practically straight out in front of me the whole time. My hips and tailbone hurt most of the night after riding. It's unfortunate because that was a favorite ride of mine but as long as those sleds are there I won't go on it again.

Thursday was by far the best day. It was the coolest weather wise and honestly the least crowded out of all 3 days. I was staying at Paradise Pier so I did the Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey. I got my picture taken with Mickey and Stitch and ate all the bacon and pancakes I wanted. It is a little pricey but it is a fun atmosphere. You also can fill up on food before entering the park because it is a breakfast buffet. That at least saves you some money on lunch. I went back into DCA and decided to ride the Radiator Springs Racers because the posted wait time was only 60min. It only took me 35min from entering the line to actually getting into the car. I was really surprised. Not to mention the ride is super fun. They really did a great job on the atmosphere and the decorations.

But yeah, I got to see World of Color again and I decided to do the Soundsational Parade I skipped back in March. I will also say that going to City Hall and getting a "happy birthday" button was the best decision. I got to sit in the front on just about every ride I went on and I got a free dessert everywhere I ate, including the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. It can get overwhelming having everyone say "happy birthday" wherever you go but it is a nice little touch. I'm going to try and go back next fall for another birthday celebration.
    People also shouldn't be fussing over not having a FP for Haunted Mansion Holiday this year. The longest I waited in the 4x I rode it was about 15min. The longest posted wait time I noticed was on Thursday after the Soundsational Parade where it went up to 25min. The Jack & Sally meet and greet is a lot of fun, too. The costumes are great.

Overall good trip. I recommend trying for Radiator Springs Racers, or Cars Land in general, in the mid-afternoon. It gives enough time for the initial crowd to thin out but beats the evening crowd by a little bit. If you try it first thing all I have to say is I hope you aren't claustrophobic. The crowds are awful.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Re: Trip Report - October 2nd to October 4th, 2012

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate the tips shared. Especially about RSR & TSMM.

• Team Hail HYDRA

sounds like you had fun

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• The doctor is in

I'm in the process of uploading some POV videos on YouTube, so I will share those as well.

• Selfie Expert

It's amazing how much the weather improved over the week! I wonder if we crossed paths on Thursday? Weird to think about!! Haha sounds like you had a fun birthday trip!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

Yeah, you never know if we crossed paths. I spent most of Thursday in California Adventure and didn't go back into Disneyland until about 5:30ish. I had dinner at the Carnation Cafe and then watched the Soundsational Parade from a bench by the Main Street railroad station.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Maybe we crossed paths, too! We spent most of Thursday in DCA.
    Out of our week long visit, Friday morning (5th) turned out to be the least crowded. It was overcast and cooler and Disneyland was a ghost town for the first 2-3 hours.

• Selfie Expert

Friday morning was a beautiful time for the park. Now that I've joined MiceChat, I wonder how many members I could have passed every time I'm at the parks! So fun!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

Now for some pictures!

I just wanted to post this one of the Lego Store in Downtown Disney. Maleficent is my favorite villain so I was super excited to see this.

---------- Post added 10-07-2012 at 09:54 AM ----------

My birthday treat at the Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey

Waiting in line for Radiator Springs Racers

• The doctor is in

Here are the complete on-ride POV's that I captured.

Haunted Mansion Holiday

Mike & Sully to the Rescue

Ariel's Undersea Adventure

One thing to note is how the fixed Ariel's "ice cream cone" hair in the Under the Sea portion. I guess they noticed the feedback and decided to change it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report! I'm glad to see a few reports floating around the site right now! I know they are a lot of work, but its so nice for those of use to don't get to go that often to see some shots and read some comments from others!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks

• The doctor is in

Of course, guys. Thanks for looking. Glad you are enjoying.

• MargyDisneylandLover

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I utilized the Magic Morning for DCA as well and managed to walk on both Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Toy Story Mania. I rode Toy Story again and it was a 45min wait.
    I thought that the dca magic morning was only for ap's...is that true or can i go with my 3day park hopper???
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I hear ya on the hot weather. Last week was very hot, blegh.

Ha, I have been trying to convince my parents and sister to move to Colorado for years...they are reluctant. Do you like it there?

Anyway, thanks for the report. I can't see the pics unfortunately, just little red x's but it could be cuz I'm on my work computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast