Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The doctor is in

Re: Disneyland October 4th-6th, 2012

I found a nice little hidden treasure I had never found before in DCA. There is some sort of Mediterranean food shop close to the Symphony Swings and Jumpin' Jellyfish that was really good. I got grilled steak kabobs and they were delicious. For the amount of food you get it really wasn't that expensive (around $11). There also is a little area that was shaded where a musical group plays for about 45min at a time. It was really nice to just sit and relax. You can also see the Goofy water concert from there.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I found a nice little hidden treasure I had never found before in DCA. There is some sort of Mediterranean food shop close to the Symphony Swings and Jumpin' Jellyfish that was really good. I got grilled steak kabobs and they were delicious. For the amount of food you get it really wasn't that expensive (around $11). There also is a little area that was shaded where a musical group plays for about 45min at a time. It was really nice to just sit and relax. You can also see the Goofy water concert from there.
    That sounds a lot like Paradise Garden Grill? I wonder if we're talking about the same place. If so, I totally agree! It is a nice little area, and it doesn't seem to get too busy. I've never seen the Goofy water concert, I'll have to add that to my To Do list for my next trip! Thanks for the tip!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

Great trip report. I actually saw you guys on Thursday in front of the Main Street Station around 4pm. I remember your Star Wars shirt.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by huskydawg View Post
    Great trip report. I actually saw you guys on Thursday in front of the Main Street Station around 4pm. I remember your Star Wars shirt.
    Ha! That's awesome! That shirt seems to get a lot of attention, which is funny because it's sold in the park but I don't see many people with it. I'm going to have to make it a regular thing so maybe people will recognize me and say "Hi!"

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That sounds a lot like Paradise Garden Grill? I wonder if we're talking about the same place. If so, I totally agree! It is a nice little area, and it doesn't seem to get too busy. I've never seen the Goofy water concert, I'll have to add that to my To Do list for my next trip! Thanks for the tip!
    Yes, that sounds about right. It was next to a pizza/pasta place. But I liked it because it did seem a bit deserted. It was a real nice area to sit and relax for a bit.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

We got the steak kabob too and listened to the Irish music band that was playing. One cool thing we found out was that you could get all 4 sauces that came with it for free (instead of choosing 1 as the sign said), so we got to sample all of them. I liked the green and white ones the best. The orange was really sweet - almost like a dessert sauce. I really want to go next door to the pasta place on our next trip and sample the pasta with the cheese and tomato sauce.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    We got the steak kabob too and listened to the Irish music band that was playing. One cool thing we found out was that you could get all 4 sauces that came with it for free (instead of choosing 1 as the sign said), so we got to sample all of them. I liked the green and white ones the best. The orange was really sweet - almost like a dessert sauce. I really want to go next door to the pasta place on our next trip and sample the pasta with the cheese and tomato sauce.
    I am totally asking for the 4 sauces! I looooove sauces of all sorts, so being able to sample all of them sounds super yummy. I only got the dessert kabob this past trip, but I want to try one of the entrees next time. I highly recommend the sun-dried tomato pasta thing (I really should look up the actual name...)!! I'm not the hugest pasta fan, but that one was really great. Plus it's a pretty hefty sized serving, so more bang for your buck in my opinion.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I so love when somebody takes the time to do a trip report with lots of great pictures and comments!!! Thank you! Wonderful report, looks like you had a great time, even if some of the deserts were not that great!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I so love when somebody takes the time to do a trip report with lots of great pictures and comments!!! Thank you! Wonderful report, looks like you had a great time, even if some of the deserts were not that great!
    Thank you! All of this positive feedback is certainly encouraging!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yay for food pictures! So yummy!

I'm glad you got into the Lilly Belle. It is a great experience. A while back, my son got to sit with the Engineer/driver of the train and got to ring the bell. Such great experiences.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

...very nice TR....thanks for posting

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yay for food pictures! So yummy!

I'm glad you got into the Lilly Belle. It is a great experience. A while back, my son got to sit with the Engineer/driver of the train and got to ring the bell. Such great experiences.
    It really was great. I'm sooooo very grateful to have been able to do all the things I did on my last trip!! I really didn't think we'd get a chance to ride the Lilly Belle... seriously, spectacular! That's great that you're son got a ride! I was so giddy during it, I can't imagine how amazing it must be through a child's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    ...very nice TR....thanks for posting
    Thank you!!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Thank-you for sharing, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12