Christmas decor on Veterans Day Nov. 12th?

So my wife surprised me with a quick Disneyland trip on the weekend of Veterans day. Its the only time we can go til next summer. We are only going Friday night- monday morning. My question is, will most of Disneylands Christmas decor be up that weekend? We have never seen Disneyland decorated for Christmas. Sunday will be our last day in the park and i heard it officially kicks off on monday. So im hoping that its at least almost all up.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Christmas decor on Veterans Day Nov. 12th?

Yes almost all decorations will be up. Is it possible you can stay into the evening to watch the Holiday Parade, snowfalling and Castle lighting that will commence Monday night? The holiday fireworks will start running on Friday and Small World will be open with its overlay too.

Thank you for the info. No we live in Phoenix so we will be leaving mid monday. I didnt want to buy an extra day if we could only be there 3 hours. But thanks!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I will never forget my very first evening in the park during Christmastime. I live in Chicago, and my plane arrived just about the same hour as my hotel's check in. As soon as I enjoyed my dinner at Tony Roma's on Harbor Blvd, I headed over to Disneyland. It was dark by that time, and my first view was amazing. The place was all decked out for Christmas. I didn't plan it to happen the way it did, but just as I was climbing the stairs to take a ride on the train, the tree ceremony started. It was the most beautiful Christmas tree all lit up in town square. Then it turned from regular lights to the most beautiful shade of blue. The castle was also lit up blue like the tree. They were a beautiful pair. I watched the ceremony from the top of the train station, and took some amazing photographs. I can still see the image in my head. It was wonderful. Moreso, since I really didn't know what to expect. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. That's the great thing about Disneyland. it keeps giving me those amazing memories, when I don't even expect them to happen.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-07-2012 at 11:30 AM.