Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• -

Re: Scary Matterhorn experience

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I don't really see what any CM did wrong here...
    Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    ...It might have seemed rude to you that they ignored you...
    Sometimes we answer our own questions.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Valid post and valid OP, Malina. I'm sorry to see that once again, as usual, the customer is being blamed for Disney's error. Thank God you weren't hurt. If you had been, you'd be accused of trying to tap Disney's deep pockets with a phony lawsuit.
    Thank you so much for the support, Mr. Wiggins.

To be honest, due to the bobsled car's design, you'd still be fine without your safety belt.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    To be honest, due to the bobsled car's design, you'd still be fine without your safety belt.
    Ah. The "You Don't Need Your Seat Belt" defense. Perfect.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Curious to know if anyone's thought of, or actually understands the responsibilities of a CM working Matterhorn's station?

• Minion

Do they rely entirely on a visual inspection to see that the seat belts are fastened?

My car flashes a warning sign if I am sitting in the driver's seat and my seat belt is not engaged.

How hard would it be to install a warning flasher on the front of the sled, that flashes if any of the seat belts are not fastened?

And even a tiny transmitter to send that fact to the dispatch system, preventing the sled from being dispatched even if nobody noticed the warning flasher?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Do they rely entirely on a visual inspection to see that the seat belts are fastened?

My car flashes a warning sign if I am sitting in the driver's seat and my seat belt is not engaged.

How hard would it be to install a warning flasher on the front of the sled, that flashes if any of the seat belts are not fastened?

And even a tiny transmitter to send that fact to the dispatch system, preventing the sled from being dispatched even if nobody noticed the warning flasher?
    I hope they do have something like this...and like redbaron said, I'd really be interested in hearing from a Matterhorn CM on what the flashlight CM's responsibilities were.

---------- Post added 10-07-2012 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    It does look more closed in than the last sled, but I wouldn't chance it. Especially considering it's one of the few rides where someone has died as a result of an unbuckled restraint.

Dolly's Dip: The Matterhorn Bobsleds - Discovering The Magic Kingdom

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redberon View Post
    Curious to know if anyone's thought of, or actually understands the responsibilities of a CM working Matterhorn's station?
    The big question is if Disney's CM's understand it. It's a safe bet that their less than professional behavior described in this case isn't part of the Disney University training.

Then again, maybe it is.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Nic

Disney should never make anyone ever feel uncomfortable and unsafe before the ride starts, especially on a roller coaster type ride. Cast members who've let this slide till the last second should be reprimanded and transferred to a slow-moving ride.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

they do not rely on visual inspection. The inspection simply confirms what the lights on the vehicle tell them about the seat belts. It's the same system that prevents you from undoing the seat belt during the ride. THE VEHICLE CANNOT BE DISPATCHED UNLESS ALL BELTS HAVE BEEN BUCKLED. The sensor system prevents that...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• I'm the only one!

if anything was done wrong it was that the cast member could have showed a little more interest and at least explain to you that you weren't in any danger. As said before the Bobsled cannot dispatch with out all the restraints securely locked in place. When you look at the bobsled you may notice a row of lights behind seat 3 and seat 6. There are three green lights, each representing a seat in the bobsled. when the seat belt is locked and in place the corresponding light will light up solid. At the last check point the CM will look at these lights to confirm that each seatbelt is locked in. If every light is lit the CM can dispatch the bobsled. If one light isn't lit then the CM should check the corresponding seat and assist with the guest. If the CM member fails to see the unlit light and tries to dispatch anyway the console will beep very loudly to let the CM know to check again and the bobsled WILL NOT MOVE. So there was no danger. The CM may not have reacted right away because they knew this. You didn't. The best they could have done is try to explain quickly that everything is alright in the short time they have with you at each check point.
    Last edited by Gonzotigger; 10-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Cast members who've let this slide till the last second should be reprimanded and transferred to a slow-moving ride.
    The unemployment office would be a great place to transfer them to. If they are ignoring a guests concerns about safety, they are not fulfilling one of their primary job duties.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Every coaster at DL moves through the station regardless if you are buckled or not. Its to keep the flow going and prevent backups since the station can't fit every train that is racing down the track. So what you experienced wasn't really out of the ordinary. They wait for the last check because thats where a CM is who can give you full attention on your belts. I myself have waited for the last check to buckle a few times due to geting myself adjusted. And a train will never leave the station without everyone buckled.

The only sad thing is that the CM didn't try to reassure you that everything was part of standard procedures. But then again, coasters at DL are a game of getting sleds out as quickly and safely as possible so I could imagine those CMs don't have much time to spare with the the fast paced multitasking they have to do.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Disney should never make anyone ever feel uncomfortable and unsafe before the ride starts, especially on a roller coaster type ride. Cast members who've let this slide till the last second should be reprimanded and transferred to a slow-moving ride.
    Matterhorn is a slow moving ride.

Anyway I am also having trouble seeing a problem. The ride didn't start, you got the belt on before it did. I think what happened is when you couldn't get it out you started to panic and as the sled moved closer you pulled the belt harder which just locked it, and it didn't release. Same thing happens when you tug on a car seatbelt really hard, it locks. But as others have said the CM's knew you weren't in any danger and didn't think the ride needed to be stopped. They knew it would be fine so they aloud the sled to continue until the last point. They wouldn't have dispatched the car if your belt wasn't fastened.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Matterhorn is a slow moving ride.
    It may be slower than Big Thunder and Space Mountain, but it's bouncy and rough.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast