Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Scary Matterhorn experience

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Something they didn't do is exactly what this is about. They failed to acknowledge a guest who was having some safety concerns. This would neither require leaving their post nor diverting their attention away from others. A simple sentence would have been all it would take. Failing to make that acknowldgement is what they should be disciplined for.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Something they didn't do is exactly what this is about. They failed to acknowledge a guest who was having some safety concerns. This would neither require leaving their post nor diverting their attention away from others. A simple sentence would have been all it would take. Failing to make that acknowldgement is what they should be disciplined for.
    Again, the presumption of GUILT by a CM.

My argument about "something they didn't do" was in reference to the presumption that the CM was guilty of negligence when there is no evidence to support this claim outside of someone's perception that there was a problem.

If there are 2 checkpoints, why should a CM be "disciplined" or sent to the "unemployment office" (as you stated in previous posts) for making the final check at the final checkpoint? The OP stated that before they entered the mouth of the ride, they finally got the belt in and the CM was aware of that.

They never entered the ride (let me clarify, the "mouth of the Matterhorn" so my words don't get twisted) without a belt in place.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Again, the presumption of GUILT by a CM.

My argument about "something they didn't do" was in reference to the presumption that the CM was guilty of negligence when there is no evidence to support this claim outside of someone's perception that there was a problem.
    The rider's perception of the problem is the crux of the argument. When she voiced the perceived threat to the worker, the worker did nothing to assure her that everything was fine. It takes no more than a sentence to do that.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

what about the cast member's perception of the situation? perhaps nobody was blatantly ignoring her, and just didn't hear (if i recall it can get pretty loud there) or see the distress?

just the other day someone called me out for ignoring them after they waved at me, but i honestly hadn't seen them at all, even if i looked in their direction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
    just the other day someone called me out for ignoring them after they waved at me, but i honestly hadn't seen them at all, even if i looked in their direction.
    One person waving at one CM is not the same as two people yelling at four CMs. As the OP stated:

"This whole time, my friend and I were frantically yelling to the CMs that I couldn't get my belt to work. It was somehow jammed on the side and I couldn't get it moving. There were about four CMs there."

No matter the justifications, rationalizations and excuses floated to defend Disney, there's simply no good reason that at least one of those CMs didn't call out any reassurance to those two guests.

- Neil Gabler

• -

what about the cast member's perception of the situation? perhaps nobody was blatantly ignoring her, and just didn't hear (if i recall it can get pretty loud there) or see the distress?

One worker not hearing them, maybe. However in the original post it was stated that there were about 4 of them present and no one acknowledged her.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I agree, sometimes you think someone is ignoring you, but in certain environments, such as the ride, they never realized anyone was trying to get their attention.
    This is a bad situation, the OP was scared, which I don't blame her, I'd be terrified too. But we really don't know what the cast members actually saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    One person waving at one CM is not the same as two people yelling at four CMs. As the OP stated:

"This whole time, my friend and I were frantically yelling to the CMs that I couldn't get my belt to work. It was somehow jammed on the side and I couldn't get it moving. There were about four CMs there."
    right. it was a for instance off the top of my head. i think the point i was trying to make is still pretty clear, without nitpicking.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine711 View Post
    I agree, sometimes you think someone is ignoring you, but in certain environments, such as the ride, they never realized anyone was trying to get their attention.
    This is a bad situation, the OP was scared, which I don't blame her, I'd be terrified too. But we really don't know what the cast members actually saw.
    The point is not what those cast members saw, but what for whatever reason they failed to do.

- Neil Gabler

Soooo. how were they supposed take care of a situation they didn't see? they may have been busy were guests that were current.

• Pilot EdForceOne

4 people doing things wrong.. who aren't here to defend their side of the story...
    or
    1 person who is the only one here telling her side of the story.

What are the odds?

Yet we are ready to damn the 4 based solely on the words of 1

Yup.. that's the state of our society...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine711 View Post
    Soooo. how were they supposed take care of a situation they didn't see? they may have been busy were guests that were current.
    "They didn't see the situation" and "They were too busy with other guests" is no excuse for four employees to ignore two frantically yelling guests. Either the position was staffed with too few employees, or they weren't doing their jobs properly, or both. It's the employee's responsibility to do his job per his training. It's Disney's responsibility to properly train and sufficiently staff the position so that situations like this are seen and taken care of promptly.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    4 people doing things wrong.. who aren't here to defend their side of the story...
    or

What are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    "They were too busy with other guests" is no excuse for four employees to ignore two frantically yelling guests. Either there were too few employees, or they weren't doing their jobs properly, or both. It's the employee's responsibility to do his job per his training. It's Disney's responsibility to properly train and sufficiently staff the position so that situations like this can be taken care of.
    Well, if there are too few employees, that really isn't the cast members fault, now is it?

• Senior Minion

Hardly relevant, don't you think? Every possible excuse they could come up with to defend, justify and rationalize their inaction, and to blow off any responsibility on their part and that of their employer, has already been offered in this thread.

- Neil Gabler

or

What are the odds?

Bingo.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast