Sad Just back from our winning prize at WDW and completely HOME SICK for Disneyland!

Okay, so I have been a follower here for years! I consider myself a fairly large Disney fan and from AZ we visit an average of 4 times a year to DL. I have been countless times to the parks and love going as often as possible. Well, many of you know or saw our video we submitted to win a chance to go to WDW or DL and we were able to choose. Well we won and chose to go to an all expenses paid trip to WDW. From AZ its a big cost to travel for four and stay at a deluxe resort at WDW. ( in case you didn't get to see our video Rule the Mix at Disney Parks | Disney ) So we just got back last night from a 8 nights stay at WDW and had an great time... But We found ourselves, including our kids 8 and 10, getting off the rides and saying DL's was better... I found myself soooo homesick for DL. I never really felt the "magic" I feel at DL and I was often sad I wasn't there. I would ask myself, AM I CRAZY? I WON THIS TRIP... But still sad I wasn't at the original park. Anyone else ever been to WDW and just want to be "home"?
    Obsessed with Disney! :earsboy:
    WDW vacation winners of Disney online video contest!
    Disneyland video contest...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
    Surprise DCL Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
    DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 03,08 DL +100 x's NEXT: WDW Sept 2012
    :stir: me 33 pirateH 35 princessD 10 :darth: DS 8

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Just back from our winning prize at WDW and completely HOME SICK for Disneyland!

Yea. I know what you mean.

My only complain I had when I was at Walt Disney World was the hot sticky weather.

They need to upgrade their parks (I know they are upgrading their Fantasyland), everything over there seem to have the mid-90 look.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 10-07-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Re: Just back from our winning prize at WDW and completely HOME SICK for Disneyland!

After I got home from my trip to WDW I immediately started planning my next trip back to DLR I missed it so much.
    Matthew

• New Mommy

I don't think I would have it in me to complain about anything after a free trip for 8 nights in Walt Disney World... I hope you still had an enjoyable trip!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I loved to Compare and contrast rides.
    Disneyland POTC is way way way better than the Florida version.
    I liked TOT in DHS better than the one here in DCA.
    Expedition Everest is the best Roller coaster Ride I've been on, but there is really no comparison here.
    Glad you got to go, that Video you made is Awesome.

• Nic

I don't feel homesick for Disneyland when I'm at Animal Kingdom, DHS, or Epcot, because they're totally different experiences we don't have in Disneyland, but I do find myself wishing I was back in California when I'm at Magic Kingdom. Sure, the castle's nice, but almost everything else in the park just seems like a lesser-quality, and a second to Disneyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I have honestly never felt that way, though i don't have a "home" park since i live in the middle of the country. and i know a lot of people can choose their favorite, but they seem equal to me, each with their specific perks.

i can pick which versions of rides i like better though! splash mountain and tower of terror are way better at disney world. pirates of the caribbean is superior at disneyland

• Cunning infiltrator

As always said before, DL > MK.

I don't know about the two castles, though Sleeping Beauty wins for charming and unique look. But, Cinderella wins for being larger and it's details.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

I feel that way in the Magic Kingdom, but we usually don't spend much time in that park. I love Epcot, though. Last time we went for a week and we went to Epcot for at least part of the day, on everyday except one.

Some rides are better at DL some are better at WDW. I really don't think you can compare the two resorts overall as they are pretty much different categories (WDW being a huge resort with many hotels, water parks, etc and DL being relatively small in comparison).

• will-o-the-whip

Not being able to walk through the castle at MK is a big turn-off compared to the DL experience with Wish Upon a Star playing in the background. In almost every way, DL is superior to MK. The other WDW parks have their moments, but they feel stale; as someone said above, they feel stuck in the mid-90s. Even the new Fantasyland in MK doesn't look impressive so far. Goofini is actually worse than Barnstormer, which wasn't much to begin with. Snow White is replaced by a meet 'n greet. Mickey Mouse's house is torn down. Team Orlando has lost the plot for a couple decades now.

• Cars Land Rocks!

As others have said, I only feel that way when I'm at The Magic Kingdom. Epcot, of course if my favorite WDW park. I also enjoy going to the other parks we don't have here in CA.

I personally like all the parks. i enjoy WDW every bit as much as DL and DCA. The only downside for me is having to fly to Orlando to go to WDW. DL is only a 6 hour drive from home. I will be heading that way on Monday.