Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Surveys on Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I think it's safe to say that who doesn't like Space and Star Tours? and who doesn't want to see everything go or change?

...As I see it
    Pretty much.......

Anytime they give a survey to the general public the answers tend to be that they want more thrill rides and more Disney characters.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    (1) As others have mentioned above me, Space Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue are two rides that give me a reason to visit Tomorrowland. The attractions transport you to an exciting new world, an experience that start with the queues of both rides. I think that both do a terrific job at bringing you into the story. Walking through the hallways of Space Mountain's queue, I feel like I'm up in a space station orbiting thousands of miles above the Earth in the darkness of space, with Cast Members helping secure our safety as we embark to explore the galaxy. Its facade is also stunning. With Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, I really do feel as if I'm in a tourist in a space terminal, boarding a Star Speeder to visit other planets for a getaway. Wandering through the queue, I can use my imagination and believe that I'm in this alternate world with ease. Both are shining examples of what Disney does best. I also like the edible plants in the land. I like the idea of using foilage to create the idea of a sustainable tomorrow.

(2) Unfortunately, although two of my favorites rides are located here, the rest of the land is a disapointing sight. Autopia, Innovations, Captain EO, and the Starcade have all run their course and are taking up valuable real estate. The Pizza Port also needs a revamp of both its interior and its culinary creations. The Astro Orbitor feels like a redundant ride since its elephant counterpart is just around the corner in Fantasyland. BLAB and Nemo are both disheartening examples of Disney's heavy reliance on pre-existing franchises and their reluctance to create anything dynamic and new. Minus SM's facade and the kinetic motion of the Monorail, the land doesn't translate the idea of the future or progress. I want to feel this whirwind of promise and excitement for tomorrow's realities when I step into the land, but now days, I feel nothing. It's basically a static Spaceland. And it has so much more potential.

(3) What Tomorrowland despately needs is creativity and originality, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears to completely transform the land into something glorious. I think that everything mentioned in number two needs to be reimagined or demolished and replaced by something new. Tomorrowland can be something remarkably beautiful if Disney can harness its creative energy and unleash the land's full potential.
    Ditto

• Banned User

Good Attractions: Star Tours, Space Mountain, Captain EO
    Bad Attractions: Everything else also lack of attractions

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Good Attractions: Star Tours, Space Mountain, Captain EO
    Bad Attractions: Everything else also lack of attractions
    I don't think Tomorrowland has a lack of attractions. Compared to other lands, there's an abundant amount. Most lands, with the exception of Fantasyland, only have several attractions. Tomorrowland has seven rides, ten attractions in all when you count Captain EO, Innovations, and the arcade. Eleven if you consider the train in that group. I don't think "lack of attractions" is a problem so much as a lack of quality. Quality > quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Anytime they give a survey to the general public the answers tend to be that they want more thrill rides and more Disney characters.
    Then we should have bunch of members from Micechat and go down there to get surveyed.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Nic

more Disney characters.
    I really can't blame them; when they go to Disneyland, they expect to see Disney characters. For me, personally, I like having Disney themed attractions in the park, because I can't find them anywhere else. On the other hand, there's an abundance of wild west roller coasters and haunted mansions throughout America.
    Last edited by Chesire; 10-14-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I really can't blame them; when they go to Disneyland, they expect to see Disney characters.
    Well, that just makes no sense.....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I don't think Tomorrowland has a lack of attractions. Compared to other lands, there's an abundant amount. Most lands, with the exception of Fantasyland, only have several attractions. Tomorrowland has seven rides, ten attractions in all when you count Captain EO, Innovations, and the arcade. Eleven if you consider the train in that group. I don't think "lack of attractions" is a problem so much as a lack of quality. Quality > quantity.
    When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s Tomorrowlands lineup was:

Star Tours
    Space Mountain
    Circlevision 360
    Peoplemover
    Rocket Jets
    The Skyway
    Autopia
    Submarine Voyage
    Captain EO
    Mission to Mars
    America Sings

Now all we have left is a new version of Star Tours, Space Mountain, a stale autopia, and Captain EO. Circlevision was replaced with a junky clone of an old WDW pixar tie-in, Submarine Voyage came back in an extremly lame form, The Astro Orbitor is a poor substitute for the Rocket Jets and where are the replacements for peoplemover, Mission to mars, the skyway, and America Sings??? The land is so low on capacity its not even funny.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

I would say exactly this:

"When I am on Main Street USA, I am transported back to the turn of the Century. When I am in Adventureland, I am climbing through the jungle thousands of miles from civilization. Frontierland takes me back to the old West and Fantasyland sweeps me away into the fairy tales I grew up hearing.

Tomorrowland, on the other hand, doesn't take me anywhere. It is a collection of queues and attractions loosely based on rocket ships. Is this some sort of moon station, a city of the future, or something else?

To improve Tomorrowland, all of the attractions need to be linked to some sort of theme that takes me to a place and time I cant find in the real world. A place I want to escape to."

SO TRUE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   

Agreed completely with Mondo, Monster Heck and Trevor.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Circlevision was replaced with a junky clone of an old WDW pixar tie-in,
    Actually, Circlevision was replaced with the queue to the Rocket Rods. That was replaced with Buzz Lightyear. It is hardly a "junky clone". It is far superior to the Disney World version. However, it still does not fit the theme of the land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Your Nemesis

There's no way Space Mountain or Star Tours will go. Everything else is fair game.

Personally I like BLAB but I don't understand what Toy Story has to do with Tomorrow and there's another Toy Story shooting game across the esplanade. I hope they keep BLAB but retheme it.
    Innoventions sounds like it's already on its way out, thankfully. Captain E-O should follow.
    Something needs to be done about Starcade, and Astro Orbiter should be moved to its original place.
    But I'm torn about Autopia and the subs. I like autopia but if it can be replaced by something better, then I'm fine with that. Maybe the people mover tracks could be altered slightly with a show building behind Space Mountain with an autopia-style ride (I'm not advocating a return of the rocket rods). I really like the use of the lagoon and I know the subs are relatively new, but I think there's a better use of that land.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

• Banned User

they should replace buzz lightyear with a Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man dark ride. Either one would make more sense then a toy story shooting gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12