Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Surveys on Tomorrowland

According to Screamscape , guests were "asked a short series of questions, all about Tomorrowland. Such as… (1)what did they like about it, (2) what did they not like,(3) what do they think could be improved?"

Have anyone been stopped by Disney survey takers? If you were ask what would your answers be ? Do you really think guests have a say on how TL will be like in the future? And how much?

1. I like the interior of Space Mt., the space port feel, and the design of Star Tour. I like the Monorail and submarines in the lagoon. Blue, silver, white

2. I do not like Observatron, Astro Oribitor being on ground level, PM track/route not being use, Innovention, anything from TL'98, BLAB being based on the toy, talking fishes.Brown, Copper

3. TL could improve by having a space port theme throughout the land or having it more unified and futuristic, the exterior should have more themeing, more kinetic motion, new PM or similar ride, electric Autopia, more exterior lights at night, replace EO with something new, more robots and aliens (not Star Wars), less movie tie-ins.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Re: Surveys on Tomorrowland

If a survey taker stopped me for opinions on Tomorrowland, I might need an extra day to make up for the day spent talking about Tomorrowland!

1. Attractions I love: Space Mountain & Star Tours

2. Attractions I dislike: Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, StarCade, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage & Innoventions

3. Attractions that I'm not crazy about and I could see either improved or removed: Astro-Orbitor, Captain EO Tribute & Autopia

Tomorrowland needs a lot of work...

• Hot FIRE!

I think it's safe to say that who doesn't like Space and Star Tours? and who doesn't want to see everything go or change?

...As I see it

• HYDRA

1)Space Mountain&Star Tours(like EO but put on blu ray and I'm fine)
    2)the rest
    3)it needs a unified theme like 67(motion) but in order to keep ST and SM we need It to be space port themed
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Dead men tell no tales.

1) Love Space Mountain, Star Tours and I think Buzz Lightyear could stay as well.

2) Everything else should be demolished.

3) With the new space from autopia and the subs build MISSION: Space like in Florida and redesign the entire theme of Tomorrowland. And most importantly, NO MOVIE TIE-INS, ESPECIALLY NO MARVEL TIE-INS.

• ~

(1) As others have mentioned above me, Space Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue are two rides that give me a reason to visit Tomorrowland. The attractions transport you to an exciting new world, an experience that start with the queues of both rides. I think that both do a terrific job at bringing you into the story. Walking through the hallways of Space Mountain's queue, I feel like I'm up in a space station orbiting thousands of miles above the Earth in the darkness of space, with Cast Members helping secure our safety as we embark to explore the galaxy. Its facade is also stunning. With Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, I really do feel as if I'm in a tourist in a space terminal, boarding a Star Speeder to visit other planets for a getaway. Wandering through the queue, I can use my imagination and believe that I'm in this alternate world with ease. Both are shining examples of what Disney does best. I also like the edible plants in the land. I like the idea of using foilage to create the idea of a sustainable tomorrow.

(2) Unfortunately, although two of my favorites rides are located here, the rest of the land is a disapointing sight. Autopia, Innovations, Captain EO, and the Starcade have all run their course and are taking up valuable real estate. The Pizza Port also needs a revamp of both its interior and its culinary creations. The Astro Orbitor feels like a redundant ride since its elephant counterpart is just around the corner in Fantasyland. BLAB and Nemo are both disheartening examples of Disney's heavy reliance on pre-existing franchises and their reluctance to create anything dynamic and new. Minus SM's facade and the kinetic motion of the Monorail, the land doesn't translate the idea of the future or progress. I want to feel this whirwind of promise and excitement for tomorrow's realities when I step into the land, but now days, I feel nothing. It's basically a static Spaceland. And it has so much more potential.

(3) What Tomorrowland despately needs is creativity and originality, and lots of blood, sweat, and tears to completely transform the land into something glorious. I think that everything mentioned in number two needs to be reimagined or demolished and replaced by something new. Tomorrowland can be something remarkably beautiful if Disney can harness its creative energy and unleash the land's full potential.

• HYDRA

Couldn't of say it better
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    1. ... Blue, silver, white

2. ...Brown, Copper
    This.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• The doctor is in

I wish I would have been stopped by a surveyor in regards to Tomorrowland. They need all the input they can get.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Sock Puppet

So the design of the new Tomorrowland is going to be based on market research? Sounds great.

• We Go On.

No matter how much silver and white they paint in Tomorrowland, it's still going to be Stucco Central until they resurface the building exteriors.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    No matter how much silver and white they paint in Tomorrowland, it's still going to be Stucco Central until they resurface the building exteriors.
    They really should get rid of it or change it a bit. I would add this to what should be improved.

I really hope the people that are being surveyed are long time guests that know it is not in the best condition, believes it could be way better and know what the majority wants. And not new guests that think it is great the way it is or some kid who wants Stitch in Space Mt.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Here lies the major cosmetic problem with Tomorrowland. Stucco is cheap, and boring. The reason the facades at BVS work is because the facades are detailed and draw the eye to them. The facades in Tomorrowland (with the exception of the iconic space Mountain) are plain and dull. Fix the facades and half your problems are solved. Remove the stucco---> half way to a great big beautiful Tomorrowland. It still has major problems behind the facade but a pretty stupid girl is still better than an ugly stupid girl...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast