Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ******** Gold Member

Re: Question for Annual Passholders

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Then again, I kinda like going by myself and have never minded doing things by myself but I'm losing my mojo as I get older and just feel like a dope sitting at the GCH bar/lounge by myself or walking around Dland by myself. But sometimes, its refreshing. So I may renew just mine again when my son loses interest.
    Off topic briefly. Clara and other "single riders" for whatever reason, keep in mind that there are meetup groups that get together monthly at Disneyland. All ages. Just fellow Disney fans to have fun with. And is micechat still meeting at Noon every Sunday?

Back to topic. Like others, I weigh the number of times I go to the parks with the current AP price. I have a SoCal (with Sundays) but pay for Premium many times over because I have to get a hotel room whenever I make the trip. Christmas is my favorite time at Disneyland, so I make sure the pass starts & ends during that season. If I end up not being able to afford it, at least I'll finish seeing the crystal castle!

im kinda at my tipping point. i have a premium pass and i do payments not because im short on money but because i have a super consistant job and who dosent like a couple more bucks in their pockets? i bought my pass last january and this is the first pass ive ever had. i completely have the $649 to renew my pass but since the increase my friends have pretty bailed on the idea of renewing their passes. im pretty shy to meet new people so im kinda in a pickle...

• Selfie Expert

Since we live in AZ, it all comes down to how many trips we plan to take in the year. The payment plan is not an option for anyone out of state, which makes it a tiny bit more difficult, but like someone else said it just "hides" how much it costs since in the end it's all the same. Anyway, if we plan to go enough times that we are saving on ticket prices overall, we'll continue to renew. Once it becomes too high so that we HAVE to go more than three or four times a year, it won't be worth it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    im kinda at my tipping point. i have a premium pass and i do payments not because im short on money but because i have a super consistant job and who dosent like a couple more bucks in their pockets? i bought my pass last january and this is the first pass ive ever had. i completely have the $649 to renew my pass but since the increase my friends have pretty bailed on the idea of renewing their passes. im pretty shy to meet new people so im kinda in a pickle...

Awwww . how cute are you all shy and stuff on meeting new people don't be afraid to ask around micechat if anyone wants to go with you!! I am sure someone will! don't be shy we are really cool people here at micechat.. and welcome to owning your 1st pass!!

I still believe $649 is not that unreasonable given the discounts and stuff i get..

I just bought a Premium pass this year after we (my bf and I) had a Southern CA pass. I hated that we would be in LA and couldn't go to Disneyland since it was a blackout date. Next year, I might not renew. Which is sad because we go quite often.

With this last price increase, I think Disney hit my point where it's too high. I looked, and even the lowest pass is $269. And that's for the one with all the blackout days ($70 for a day pass). And it gets worse from there.

I don't think so. I need to enjoy this pass while it lasts, because it will likely be the last one. At least for a while. Hard to say if it becomes worth it again. May have to scale back and only go once or twice a year; then it will be worth it to buy just a day pass.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

DH and I will not be renewing either. Probably wouldn't have anyway even if the price hadn't skyrocketed. We live in Seattle and have been to DL 3x for 2 to 3 weeks at a time in the last year. Yeah, we do a few other things while we are in SoCal, but mostly Disney.

It'll probably be three years until we visit the parks again. I am going to Europe next year and we want to take our RV for a 3 month journey, so our next visit (starting tomorrow!!! yeah!!!) will be our last for awhile.

By the time we're ready for AP's again they'll probably cost a grand!!!!!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Tiki baba!

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    i completely have the $649 to renew my pass but since the increase my friends have pretty bailed on the idea of renewing their passes. im pretty shy to meet new people so im kinda in a pickle...
    this! I really want to renew, but almost all my friends are not renewing :| peer pressure suddenly affects you when it comes to making decisions regarding an annual pass... btw it's also my first year as an AP holder I've thoroughly enjoyed all the time I spent at the park. money well spent for me!

this year before the price hike, i used my tax return money to pay for my Deluxe in full. next year i might do a monthly plan instead. i really love Disney, and there's been so many times I headed off to Disney to vent out stress. i super enjoyed the Halloween Party as well, and I got the tickets for such a discounted price discounts are really good too especially when i buy gifts to give to my friends and family on special occasions. so for me, I would renew as long as I am single and they have the monthly payment option.

stitch is love

• Nor Cal AP'er

I had the Deluxe AP last year(at the old price) and I went 3 times (minimum 2-3 days per visit) So it paid itself off imo.

When they announced the price increase in May I was within a month of mine expiring I immediately upgraded to the Premium at the old price. So far with the Premium AP I visited the park 6 visits/days....Carsland/DCA re-Grand opening and a visit in July. I'm going this week for the Halloween Party Friday and I'm planning on going for Thanksgiving since I never visited for the Holidays. Most likely for my B-day again next May for 2-3 days again.

Hopefully they're bring back character weekends or something of that nature.

Next Year in June is when my AP expires...will I renew? Maybe...but I'd rather wait for newer attractions or the 60th Anniversary,to buy another one.

For the new higher price and living in Nor-Cal either driving or flying to get there, I'd have to go allot to justify it. Lets not forget plane ticket/shuttle/car rental,gas,wear n tear on a vehicle(6-hour drive each way for me),lodging,food and souvenirs added to the budget of each trip,it get really expensive real quick.

I could always downgrade next year since I usually go only in May for my B-day and Halloween,if I wanted to not spend/go as much?

$200.00 2-day Park Hopper x 2=400.00 (2 vacations to DL)

Deluxe AP $469.00 plus monthly payments....go more times if the urge comes.....maybe move to So-Cal.....sigh I'm doomed! lol!

---------- Post added 10-09-2012 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by trueBruin86 View Post
    this! I really want to renew, but almost all my friends are not renewing :| peer pressure suddenly affects you when it comes to making decisions regarding an annual pass... btw it's also my first year as an AP holder I've thoroughly enjoyed all the time I spent at the park. money well spent for me!

this year before the price hike, i used my tax return money to pay for my Deluxe in full. next year i might do a monthly plan instead. i really love Disney, and there's been so many times I headed off to Disney to vent out stress. i super enjoyed the Halloween Party as well, and I got the tickets for such a discounted price discounts are really good too especially when i buy gifts to give to my friends and family on special occasions. so for me, I would renew as long as I am single and they have the monthly payment option.
    Hmm never even thought about the "single" part in my reasoning to renew or not? If anything I'd be more inclined to renew if I had a gf that loved Disney as much as I do....
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• #bringevilback

Most of my trips have been solo trips...I work nights and disneyland is on the way home, plus of I get put on time I can usually make rope drop. I go on a few rides, sometimes I am there for a half an hour, some times I am there up to two hours, just depends on how tired I am and if I am back to work that night or not. It's a great way to unwind and get a little exercise in before bed.

• Minion

The tipping point is currently in flux with our family. We save up for the passes, so the money will be there when the renewal date arrives. But additional 30% increases will certainly end our involvement with the program.
    As long as our daughter continues to enjoy visiting Disneyland, we'll keep up with the passes.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I feel it is the old saying you get what you pay for , Disney is the Bentley of theam parks so it should cost more IMO. I go weekly so I believe it is worth it , the food and mechindise discounts alone have saved me hundreds. My guess is by 2014 it will be $1000 and I will still buy one
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat Mickey View Post

How about the rest of the Annual Passholders out there? I'm just curious.
    I would pay up to $850 per year for a premium annual pass that included all the current elements.

• Minion

Not sure. Ours expires in December and we definitely will have gotten our money's worth (Deluxe pass). We will probably wait a few months before we go again and decide if we want to buy one. I'm not going to renew on the day we are going (the last valid date on the pass).

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    I would pay up to $850 per year for a premium annual pass that included all the current elements.
    Not really surprised by this. I think there are many Premium Passholders who would probably pay upwards (or over ) $1,000 for a Premium Pass.

And I think if Disney thinks there are still too many Premium Passholders crowding the park during peak seasons, then they will continue to raise the price until they get to a number of Premium Passholders that they want.

I doubt they would bump it to $850 next year (which actually would approximate another 30% increase), but I could see them increasing it some lesser amount.

I used to see the Premium and Deluxe passes as bargains, but with the rapid increases in the costs of them, I don't view them so much like that anymore.

They are still somewhat bargains, but you now need to go a lot more to justify them as such.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast