Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question for Annual Passholders

So I had a question for current Annual Passholders out there.

For the current Annual Pass you hold, what is the tipping point at which you would no longer renew?

I am a Premiere Passholder and I am not going to be renewing because $649 is a huge (30%) increase over the $499 I paid for the pass.

Now, if the increase was, say 10%, to $550, then I might have seriously considered renewing.

How about the rest of the Annual Passholders out there? I'm just curious.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Question for Annual Passholders

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat Mickey View Post
    So I had a question for current Annual Passholders out there.

For the current Annual Pass you hold, what is the tipping point at which you would no longer renew?

I am a Premiere Passholder and I am not going to be renewing because $649 is a huge (30%) increase over the $499 I paid for the pass.

Now, if the increase was, say 10%, to $550, then I might have seriously considered renewing.

How about the rest of the Annual Passholders out there? I'm just curious.
    It's Premium not Premiere, sorry to correct you

I actually had to hold off for almost a year with this last increase. I was in shock. But I got a better paying job and had some room for an indulgence and I chose to renew my AP. I do take advantage of the monthly payments as I also pay for my son's Deluxe pass so it's about $87 a month for him and I.

I know that I read there may be another increase at the end of this year and I will see where my finances are when I am up for renewal again in August 2013. I play it year by year with my AP lately. Sometimes, I can renew, sometimes I have to wait. I think what might happen is that I'll have to push my August 2013 renewal up to February 2014 when I get my tax refund.

I try to make it work when I can. But once I finally move out of state...all that ends.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    It's Premium not Premiere, sorry to correct you

I actually had to hold off for almost a year with this last increase. I was in shock. But I got a better paying job and had some room for an indulgence and I chose to renew my AP. I do take advantage of the monthly payments as I also pay for my son's Deluxe pass so it's about $87 a month for him and I.

I know that I read there may be another increase at the end of this year and I will see where my finances are when I am up for renewal again in August 2013. I play it year by year with my AP lately. Sometimes, I can renew, sometimes I have to wait. I think what might happen is that I'll have to push my August 2013 renewal up to February 2014 when I get my tax refund.

I try to make it work when I can. But once I finally move out of state...all that ends.
    Thank you for correcting me. I meant Premium. Not sure why I was thinking Premiere. I guess its a Monday thing.

Appreciate your feedback.

For me, its also a finances thing. I have a decent job and I am single, but I can only afford to budget so much towards an Annual Pass. The 30% increase was a jolt for me. I don't think I can continue on and absorb that price hike.

For me, its also a finances thing. I have a decent job and I am single, but I can only afford to budget so much towards an Annual Pass. The 30% increase was a jolt for me. I don't think I can continue on and absorb that price hike.
    Do you have an AP now? Do you do the monthly payments? Just curious.

• My Children's Father

I suspect I am an unusual case, in that I typically have not "constantly" held an AP since I've bought my first. I typically own an AP for one year in three, so I doubt I would renew next year anyway.

Another factor is my children. Buying them passes obviously increases costs (for passes as well as park visits) considerably. Assuming I continue my three year cycle, this may very well be the last time I buy them passes as their interest wanes and they grow up and become independent.

Another factor is my income. The nature of my employer of the last 25 years is that my income goes through cycles of growth and stagnation, such that the next time I'm thinking of buying an AP It might be no big deal if the price had doubled, or perhaps it would be unthinkable at the same price.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Do you have an AP now? Do you do the monthly payments? Just curious.
    I do have an Annual Pass. I have a Premium Pass. I don't do payments, I bought it for $499 at Ralph's.

• Under that tree again!

Hard to say right now. In several years when me nephew is older he may rather hang out with friends or play sports on the weekends instead of going to the parks with his Uncle.

Since right now I and he have APs, so I can take him whenever we want to go, we pay $650 but his ticket cost over 10 weekends would be $1,880. We are saving a lot by having the APs. AP cost will go up but so will ticket costs. The change to not wanting APs will be when we go less frequently.

• Sock Puppet

..for all the coffee beans in columbia, i would never give up my AP.

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Hard to say right now. In several years when me nephew is older he may rather hang out with friends or play sports on the weekends instead of going to the parks with his Uncle.

Since right now I and he have APs, so I can take him whenever we want to go, we pay $650 but his ticket cost over 10 weekends would be $1,880. We are saving a lot by having the APs. AP cost will go up but so will ticket costs. The change to not wanting APs will be when we go less frequently.

there is the monthly payment plan that make the $650 easier to pay every month

I do have an Annual Pass. I have a Premium Pass. I don't do payments, I bought it for $499 at Ralph's.
    You know, you did mention this..I just need to learn to read. :P And I remember seeing you on another thread saying you bought yours at Ralphs. Actually, my employer just announced that they have a program to buy Disneyland tix and AP's at a discount price so that may be helpful to me if I'm still at this employer when its time for me to renew. Only prob is...I can't do the monthly payments with those offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Another factor is my children. Buying them passes obviously increases costs (for passes as well as park visits) considerably. Assuming I continue my three year cycle, this may very well be the last time I buy them passes as their interest wanes and they grow up and become independent.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I think that I will run into this problem as well. My 8 year old will soon lose interest and that may be the deciding factor of whether I renew or not since I only go with him (I'm a single mom).

Then again, I kinda like going by myself and have never minded doing things by myself but I'm losing my mojo as I get older and just feel like a dope sitting at the GCH bar/lounge by myself or walking around Dland by myself. But sometimes, its refreshing. So I may renew just mine again when my son loses interest.

•   
    • Minion

For me it's not so much a finite price point. It's really about my own income, budget and interest vs. pass price. I have an upper tier Southern California pass. Right now, I can afford the $329/year. Right now I am able and interested enough to go to the park enough (not every week, but maybe once or twice a month, when I'm not blocked out) to make the pass worth it.

If my expenses go up, my income goes down or I suddenly decide I hate Disneyland the pass won't be worth it. If the pass suddenly jumps to $500 or more and I'm only going three times a year, again, I can't justify it.

• Future Animator

My tipping point is what it is now.. I have a premium until next March and won't be renewing next year due to the insane price. I do monthly payments, but since that's really just a way to hide the amount of money I'm paying for Disneyland each year, I think it's time for me to take a break. I'm a recent college grad, so I need all the extra money I can get. xD

I might be persuaded to buy a SoCal pass, but I'm not sure if I'd even be able to go when I'd want due to the blackout dates.

Quote Originally Posted by AcmePunched View Post
    My tipping point is what it is now.. I have a premium until next March and won't be renewing next year due to the insane price. I do monthly payments, but since that's really just a way to hide the amount of money I'm paying for Disneyland each year, I think it's time for me to take a break. I'm a recent college grad, so I need all the extra money I can get. xD

I might be persuaded to buy a SoCal pass, but I'm not sure if I'd even be able to go when I'd want due to the blackout dates.
    I totally understand where you are coming from, especially since you are a recent college grad.

Yeah, the 30% increase on the Premium pass was an eye opener. I have had Annual Passes off and on and I wanted to get one this year because of the re-opening of DCA and grand opening of Cars Land and I knew I wanted to go multiple times this Summer (which I did).

I don't know that I will have the same incentive when my pass expires next June.

However, I might have been talked into renewing if the Premium Pass had stayed at $499 or even had just a modest increase to $550. For some reason, that extra $100 was a tipping point.

• #bringevilback

I have a premium pass that I got the day before the price increase. I had been going back and forth on getting one so that made me decide really quickly! I have been a pass holder on and off since jr high and with my current job/income it's not the price that will determine if I renew or not but if I am consistently using my pass and if I think I will continue to use it. Last pass I had 3-4years ago (I think it was delux, I purchased it from Costco) I used less than 10 times, this year I have already been 34 times since the end of may, so if that continues, I will likely renew.

• Banned User

Renew, yes.
    tipping point ... If we lived more tham 500 miles away

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I have a premium pass that I got the day before the price increase. I had been going back and forth on getting one so that made me decide really quickly! I have been a pass holder on and off since jr high and with my current job/income it's not the price that will determine if I renew or not but if I am consistently using my pass and if I think I will continue to use it. Last pass I had 3-4years ago (I think it was delux, I purchased it from Costco) I used less than 10 times, this year I have already been 34 times since the end of may, so if that continues, I will likely renew.
    Wow, 34 times since the end of May! That's a lot of usage.

I was at Disneyland for the Grand Re-Opening of DCA and since then I have used the pass probably 15 to 20 times. Definitely has been worth it.

For next year, not sure I will want to go with the same frequency. We'll see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast