Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    One day my last visit, I was rushing to catch up to my family who had my AP, it was at the GCH entrance, I just walked around the table, I rather expected someone to stop me, call me back, I had a fanny-pack and a small Disney backpack I was carrying. But. I never heard a call. No big deal. We all know securrity bag check is for show. Most times then barely checked.

    I was just wondering how many others had similar stories.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  2. #2

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    I just walked around the table, I rather expected someone to stop me, call me back, I had a fanny-pack and a small Disney backpack I was carrying. But. I never heard a call. No big deal. We all know securrity bag check is for show. Most times then barely checked.
    I would never pass bag check. It is there for a reason and even though I know that I'm not carrying a gun in my bag, I wouldn't want to set a bad example to my child which implies that we can bypass rules and regulations.

    As for them stopping you, they should have but I've been to that GCH entrance check and the table for the checking is almost long enough to fill the hall for the entrance. The only open part is the area where people exit out. So you would have had to have gone through the exit area. I say you should have just went through the bag check and then met your party.

    Just my opinion.

  3. #3

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I would never pass bag check. It is there for a reason and even though I know that I'm not carrying a gun in my bag, I wouldn't want to set a bad example to my child which implies that we can bypass rules and regulations.

    As for them stopping you, they should have but I've been to that GCH entrance check and the table for the checking is almost long enough to fill the hall for the entrance. The only open part is the area where people exit out. So you would have had to have gone through the exit area. I say you should have just went through the bag check and then met your party.

    Just my opinion.
    Again, I really did not mean to pass it up, my wife and kids were at the turnstile and I briskly caught up and then realized what I had done, at that point it seemed stupid to go back, and also probably make things worse, not better.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  4. #4

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Again, I really did not mean to pass it up, my wife and kids were at the turnstile and I briskly caught up and then realized what I had done, at that point it seemed stupid to go back, and also probably make things worse, not better.
    Was this the first time you went through the GCH entrance? Because as I described before, you would have to go through the exit side to get "around" the bag check tables at the GCH entrance and to go through an "exit" sounds purposeful to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    We all know securrity bag check is for show. Most times then barely checked
    And it's this comment you made that leads me to believe that you just miffed at those tables to get around them. While the over all opinion may be that the bag check is for show (not my opinion for the record), they are still there for a reason. Whether CM's check bags thoroughly or not (mine have always been checked well enough when I walk through) does not mean that bag checks can be bypassed and is still there for a reason.

    Also wanted to add that despite all this, the CM's should have stopped you and that was a fault of theirs. That is if they saw you at all.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    188

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I would never pass bag check. It is there for a reason and even though I know that I'm not carrying a gun in my bag, I wouldn't want to set a bad example to my child which implies that we can bypass rules and regulations.
    I would prefer to set an example for my children that they follow "reasonable" rules and regulation but are free to ignore those that serve no purpose or are simply immoral... History is filled with instances where people simply following rules have done some very disturbing things, the Holocaust is but one example of a large group of people simply following rules.

    The ridiculous nature of bag checks by Disney always makes me laugh... If I was a terrorist hell bent on mayhem there a any number of fairly simple ways I could get anything from explosives to assault weapons past their bag check tables even assuming the checked me on the way in... The original poster was spot on when he said that they were all for show... the really do nothing except give people a false sense of security.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    From your OP it makes it sound like you did it on purpose. "I rather expected someone to stop me." If I noticed this I would just go back and let them know I wasn't checked. Yes the checkpoint maybe there for show, but I still think its important.
    Jeff Wayne







  7. #7

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas998 View Post
    I would prefer to set an example for my children that they follow "reasonable" rules and regulation but are free to ignore those that serve no purpose or are simply immoral... History is filled with instances where people simply following rules have done some very disturbing things, the Holocaust is but one example of a large group of people simply following rules.

    The ridiculous nature of bag checks by Disney always makes me laugh... If I was a terrorist hell bent on mayhem there a any number of fairly simple ways I could get anything from explosives to assault weapons past their bag check tables even assuming the checked me on the way in... The original poster was spot on when he said that they were all for show... the really do nothing except give people a false sense of security.
    Well whether the bag checks are reasonable or not is all depending upon one's personal opinion. However, it is set there for a reason. If I walked around a bag check then that could lay way for me to jump in a blocked off line or just pass turnstiles. I might exaggerate a bit I admit but my philosophy is to do the right thing. I will say again, whether the bag checks are viable or not...they are still there for a set reason.

    But I do understand what you say about some rules being reasonable and some just not. I get that.

  8. #8

    •     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    4,364

    Re: Have you ever bypassed bag-check inadvertantly?

    This thread was not framed as one on how to avoid bag check, but judging by similar threads in the past, there is a high chance such posts would be attracted in short order. Because MiceChat does not allow discussions which involve topics that are against Disney's terms of use or rules, this thread is closed. The OP and the poster did not frame the topic in that way, broke no rules, and I apologize and ask their understanding for needing to close this thread.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

    Ernest Thompson Seton

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 02:14 PM
  2. Have you ever heard of bat day?
    By Dr Matronic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 PM
  3. How long have you worked there?
    By snappy in forum Break Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 01:28 AM
  4. Have you received your Buzz Photo via email?
    By mamabot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 02:24 PM
  5. Competition/Inquiry: How long have you had a pass?
    By Scribby in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 07:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •