Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What would you do if you could design your own Disney park?

Im going to pretend that this isnt in california fo that it doesnt disrupt Disneyland. I'd like to totally reinvent the themepark resort. First. Id make the one immensily huge park round like a cherrio but with an openind that makes a culdesac shape. The culdesac serves as the entance to the resort lined with a downtown disney that reminds you of physical MS:USA but everything with DtD flare. At the end of the street you see a huge hotel lining the round portion of the culdesac. The hotel, though one hotel would be split into 2 buildings down the center (so that theres actually a gate to enter the park. From inside the culdesac, the entire hotel would be fantasyland themed because you can see the castle through the gates. The entire resort area would take up approx 60 acres or so. Upon entering the park, fantasy land is set up like SHDL's due to the absents or MS:USA. From there, lands will be lined up next to one another around the culdesac. The lands include Hollywood, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adentureland, The Old West, New York/Marvel Harbor, Discoveryland, Toon Town, The Forbidden Valley/Disney Villains mini-land etc (Those are just the lands off the top of my head) Tland and Discoveryland would be at opposet ends of the park and have some form of under ground transportation under the resort culdesac. Because a Square mile is a square, and this park calls for a circular shape, there would be plenty of expansion room

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    Im going to pretend that this isnt in california fo that it doesnt disrupt Disneyland. I'd like to totally reinvent the themepark resort. First. Id make the one immensily huge park round like a cherrio but with an openind that makes a culdesac shape. The culdesac serves as the entance to the resort lined with a downtown disney that reminds you of physical MS:USA but everything with DtD flare. At the end of the street you see a huge hotel lining the round portion of the culdesac. The hotel, though one hotel would be split into 2 buildings down the center (so that theres actually a gate to enter the park. From inside the culdesac, the entire hotel would be fantasyland themed because you can see the castle through the gates. The entire resort area would take up approx 60 acres or so. Upon entering the park, fantasy land is set up like SHDL's due to the absents or MS:USA. From there, lands will be lined up next to one another around the culdesac. The lands include Hollywood, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adentureland, The Old West, New York/Marvel Harbor, Discoveryland, Toon Town, The Forbidden Valley/Disney Villains mini-land etc (Those are just the lands off the top of my head) Tland and Discoveryland would be at opposet ends of the park and have some form of under ground transportation under the resort culdesac. Because a Square mile is a square, and this park calls for a circular shape, there would be plenty of expansion room
    That would be awesome!!! If you haven't decided where to locate it.... I'm thinking the pacific northwest would be a good place!!!

I'd separate them into lands...but I only thought of one so far

Bring back the old Holidayland! Except theme if after Nightmare Before Christmas. Something like having the circle of holiday trees as the entrance area to the land...something weird like that would be innovative i think...i mean who doesnt like Christmas all year round?
    "Ooooh all right, thats it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this! Dishonor on you Dishonor on your cow. Dis...." -Mushu

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Part of my ideas would be to incorporate three components, land, sea and air into it.

Noting that Disneyland has its mountains, but they are not continous, I would have a ringed mountain range on the outside perimeter. There would be a Mayan temple mountain, Rock Candy mountain, Volcano and some sort of extra terestrial/lunar mountain. All would somehow blend together thanks to imagineers.

The Mayan temple would serve as a basis for an Indiana Jones style rides whizzing through several sections of the area much like the original idea for Splash Mountain. Multiple rides would make it up all around one central theme. Of course there would have to be some treasure for Indy to find.

Once I heard of the original idea for Rock Candy Mountain, I have thought it was a good idea. This one would be constructed so that it is transulcent with multiple colors so that it really shows in the day, but at night when lit looks amazing. THink of it as a new Fantasyland style area where kids and families could really enjoy it up. There would be several dark rides however, they would be constructed more along the lines of Little Mermaid with more time and pizzaz to them. Possibly Candyland themed or something like that.

Volcano would be a flowing, erupting area where thrill rides and dark rides abound. Explorers going off into the mountain would be whisked away on mine cars and other vehicles to escape the eruptions and lava flows. Other rides would take upon the geyser idea developed several decades ago, but with a volcanic twist. THere could even be a lava flow ride where borrowing from water parks (but without getting wet) guests would travel downward with twists and turns in their vehicles. It would also be a great way to incorporate some dinosaurs but much better than the WDW version.

Lastly, a space mountain would be home to a multitude of rides. Roller coasters and other thrill rides mixed with better space travel than Tomorrowland had decades ago. Guests could go over, around and through the moutnains and surface on space ships and lunar vehicles.

More to come later on the sea and air pieces.

• Closed Account

I'd build EPCOT Center - circa 1989.

• -

I like the rumor that is floating around about a Marvel park. Not sure abr what rides or lands to include, but I would definitely want a dark ride on the scale of Pirates or bigger retelling the Secret Wars storyline completely overloaded with animatronics.
    Last edited by calsig31; 10-10-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

simba meet and greet. if marie from aristocats can be walking around on her hind legs, so can simba!

all I know is that it will have a lot more benches inside air-conditioned buildings and tree-shaded picnic areas

Quote Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
    simba meet and greet. if marie from aristocats can be walking around on her hind legs, so can simba!
    On a personal note, Id rather they had 4-legged characters walking around on 4 legs. (Eeyore, pluto, Doug etc.) I know that the accomplished it with Eeyor in the Disney Live Winnie the Pooh stage show tour. Admitedly, i think simba should stay animatronic in all appearances becuase he has a larger stature than the others characters mentioned.

maybe not, i'd prefer young simba, and he's definitely not bigger than eeyore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12