Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

What would you do if you could design your own Disney park?

Disney just gave you one square mile next to Disneyland and DCA for your dream park. It is up to you to create your dream park. What is it going to have in it? Will it be centrally themed or varied into lands? What rides would you put in there? Unique landmarks? It is up to you.

I'll post my ideas in a bit with what I think it should be.

THoughts?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: What would you do if you could design your own Disney park?

I'll have to think about this and come back with something...but first answer right off the cuff...my dream park is bigger than 1 square mile.

• a damsel not in distress

i don't have a whole park planned or anything, but as soon as i read this topic all i could think was "recreation of pride rock and the jungle with a bunch of lion king rides and characters."

i know it's an older movie, but i love me some lion king ahaha.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    i don't have a whole park planned or anything, but as soon as i read this topic all i could think was "recreation of pride rock and the jungle with a bunch of lion king rides and characters."

i know it's an older movie, but i love me some lion king ahaha.
    That would be AMAZING!!! Lion King park, yeah! it may be a little too much like Animal Kingdom at WDW though....

A Nintendo-themed park with each land themed to a popular franchise like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    A Nintendo-themed park with each land themed to a popular franchise like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.

WRECK-it-RALPH LAND?

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    WRECK-it-RALPH LAND?
    That sounds about right!!! As long as the movie is good ( I'm sure it will be) that could be really good!!

1 square mile?! That's pretty huge! 640 acres... or more than the entire DLR, parking lots and 3rd park location combined.

So do you mean create our own Disney Resort? 3 parks, hotels, shopping, etc? Or do you mean just one park in that big of an area?

Three words: Western River Expedition

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

About 10 miles south of Disneyland there already exists a park that is exactly one square mile in area. In fact it is called Mile Square Park. There have been some recent attempts to rename it Ronald Reagan Park, but it has been called Mile Square Park for so many years that people actually preferred that. Anyways, the only thing Disney about it is that it is also in Orange County, but you can do a lot with one square mile. Here is a link to their web page to give you an idea of how big of an area it is and what you can do with it.

Orange County California - OC Parks

• formerly very helpful

I'd run away. Far away, since this would mean that clearly the Devil was trying to tempt me, and I'd want no part of that!

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    Why only Nintendo? I grew up with Sega. No Sonic would make my inner child sad.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Under that tree again!

Wescot was a great idea. However it was packed in tight, because the old parking lot didn't cover a huge area. It was also planned with a small number of attractions. It also included some other venues in the limited area, shopping and concert arena.

With a larger area I would build a similiar idea but modify like this.

1. Future World would be a minor area, more entrance than half the park.

It would not include pavillions like the land of sea, as they focus on topics that are large attributes of certain reqions. Sea should not have a reef area when Australia or the Caribean is know for reefs. The land should not be about farming, as farming is done disctintly in diferent regions and is an attribute to that area. Grain in the North American prarie, potatoes in the South American highlands. Wonder's of Life generalizes the human body where as specific studies and medicines that happend in speficic area made major contributions to todays science.

2. Include regions and less focus on only countries.
    Countries evolve together, share territory that was one or another's at some point, and share cultures, Instead of countries, use lands. As an example North America could encompass a land. Mexico blends with the US, with spanish mission styling. A coal and oil mining culture is american and canadian in the western plains.

3. Inlcude multiple distinct biomes per region not fucus on one cliche biome per region.
    For example if Africa is a land, it's not just the savana in DAK for a safari. It also has a large desert, rainforests, volcanic mountains, large lakes, waterfalls, varying coastline and the Nile river.

4. Display history and progression of regions, not set them in a specifc time.
    Italy is not stuck in the Renaissance. For the US you can use the aboriginal settings, the American Revolution, the westward expansion, the industrial revolution, and the Space Age.

5. More rides. One reason land versus country pavillions would help is increasing variety. While a show per land is fine, a walk through attraction, a selection of rides providing gentle, simple kid's rides, and E-tickets. Also kids play areas. Because a lot of areas have nautical roots from fishing or exploring there would be a greater focus of water rides.

6. A well designed show area. With the gift of more land a designated show area can be built in. Something like the arena for F! in DHS or a better built Paradise Park.

7. Lining the park could still be hotels themed after or connected to thier host land. Also on the outer edge would be placed convention space.

I'd want to see disney try their hand a thrill park. But not just any thrill park. It would technically have no definitive theme but a more abstract one. I guess you could say it would be themed to lights, design, and most importantly energy. I'd call it electric city.

The park would would be an exercise in architecture and design. I would hire all the greatest architects and interior designers to create the most avant garde structures they could come up with. The only rules they would have is that their designs must be covered in lights and convey a sense of energy that would put time square to shame. And to keep it future proof, I would have all the buildings just be basic buildings but the entire structure would be fitted with heavy duty braces so wall panels and exterior portions could be replaced and updated every so often.

The first land is the one you enter and it would be called electric avenue. It would resemble a long corridor leading to a hub similar to main street. But instead of small turn of the century buildings, they would be tall and futuristic. The multilevel buildings on each side will have restaurants, shops and entertainment offerings all advertised in beautiful neon and led configurations. The structure themselves will have balconies and catwalks connecting the 2 sides like those 2 story tomorrowland concepts.

The hub will be a circular, sunken in area similar to that of the westcot concept. A sculpture of some sort would be displayed in the center. The outside of the hub will lead to 3 huge lands that have a bit more of their own theme.

To the right would be cosmo. A land based off the 60s styles and lounges, but if they were created in the very distant future. The funky furniture they had back then would be made even stranger and the technology would be even more advanced. This area of the park would be for older people to have a relaxed way to get their drink on and soak up some atmosphere. If I had to describe this area, Id call it "classy 60s future." I currently have no idea what sort of rides would be here.

To the far left would be a land similar to the grid of tron. There would be dance parties here and other offerings for the younger crowd. To prevent rowdiness, Alcohol sales are tied to your ticket so you can only buy 2 drinks every hour and a half. You would get a sort of booze fast pass return time lol. The main attraction here would be an indoor launch coaster with the entire length of the ride going through an LED tube similar to the fremont street experience. As you ride, you are surrounded by lound music and bright lights and images that follow you on your way.

I have no idea for a 3rd land but i think this gets the idea across.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Disney Sea

Disney Studios park (keeping movie stuff out of the original parks)
    - Tron Land (underground)
    - Marvel/Avengers land
    - Disney Junior Land
    - Disney Villains land
    - Disney Renaissance land (Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, etc)
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast