Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

The GardenWalk has been sold!

This can be moved elsewhere, as it isn't really "Disneyland" news but I know folks on here were wondering who was going to buy the place.

Read all the info here:

GardenWalk mall in Anaheim sold | mall, property, group - News - The Orange County Register

• Minion

Re: The GardenWalk has been sold!

I'm curious to see what will happen with this property. I think it would have been wise if Disney bought this property up since DCA is doing so well and the company as a whole. But I guess I would prefer to see DTD get some TLC first.
    Jeff Wayne

its a good thing they changed the zoning for the mall and are now allowed to add more entertainment venues. The mall was set-up to have too many shops when the area should really have entertainment venues so that the locals and tourist especially convention goers can enjoy the place in the evenings

• Pilot EdForceOne

I wonder if they will use the entertainment aspect to try to bring more clubs into the mix to tap that audience Disney won't address... but you know the demand is there given Disney's drinking parties.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Sock Puppet

oh thank god it's gonna revamped!! I hear angels singing!!! seriously that is awesome I am glad! Maybe this will bring some more people into that place.. get some betters stores.. maybe even not make it so desolate!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just don't get why Disney would not buy this.....it seems like land they would want...i guess the price could have been too high but seemed like good land just not being used "right" from all the comments on other sites

• Team Hail HYDRA

its probably already owned by Disney
    they own that company and is a cover up

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    its probably already owned by Disney
    they own that company and is a cover up
    Don't know if you are serious or not, but one company that is involved with the GW aquisition does have a huge Disney connection. It could be coincidental.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just don't get why Disney would not buy this.....it seems like land they would want...i guess the price could have been too high but seemed like good land just not being used "right" from all the comments on other sites
    Disney probably doesn't have use for it within the next 5-10 years. I can't imagine a new park being in development while Disney focuses efforts on Paris and Shanghai. I also have a feeling that Disney will be working on bettering currently existing areas of the parks to bring them to full potential (see: Fantasyland Theatre).

• Rock Star Minion

Yes, too high a price for Disney.
    Also, while there are a lot of people in a very close radius at any given time (that is the hook to get companies to rent there), the only advantage it would have to pull those people away fom the parks is to have cheaper and/or better food and entertainment. No way the entertainment will be cheaper, as most of the people in the area are there for one reason alone: to enjoy Disneyland and possibly DCA. Once that money is dropped into Disney coffers, it's all about "getting their money's worth," which is a basic human trait not to be judged.
    So, that leaves better or cheaper food. I'm not sure about "better," since I walked through there hungry once and balked at the not-cheaper prices. Lots of booze to drink, though.
    In order for the food to be cheaper (but just as good), the rents have to be low enough to make it all work. I think this is the failing of GW: rents have been too high to sustain or even think about putting in a business there. (DTD probably has the same problem.) The corporate restaurants at the front are likely getting some discount, so that leaves the farther-in restaurants to make up the investment return for the owners.
    As we have seen through these various bankruptcies and attempts by now-owned banks to sell the place, the price is still too high.

I'm guessing the new owners got a big discount from the $280 mil. Probably less than $200mil.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I just don't get why Disney would not buy this.....it seems like land they would want...
    Why would they want it? They are already paying for a ton of land that is just sitting there empty. Buying this would be even worse, as you would actually have to pay to run the thing.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I don't know either Swampy

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

I think a couple more bars, better parking (currently you only get 2 hours free with validation), and upgrades to the movie theater could make this place a success. It'd be nice to get more high end nightlife, but in all honesty it probably wouldn't work in this part of Orange County.

• Sock Puppet

and we all thought they would too ...it just seemed soo.. right!!

On the Disneyland website it says you can use your AP for discounts at Garden Walk. They have something to do with it!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast