• Selfie Expert

"Themed days" at Disneyland

I'd really like a complete list of the "theme days" that occur at Disneyland. I'm not talking about Halloweentime or Christmas. I mean Gay Days, Dapper Days, Bat Days, Star Wars Days... i want to attend and participate in all the ones I can!!

I want to know.
    1. When do they occur
    2. Apparel/costume requirements
    3. Any special evens Disney participates in (more jedi training, or themed characters? Foods?)
    And finally, if there is an official site for these things.

Personally, I have been there for Gay Days, and I am planning to attend Dapper day in February (working on the costume!). I love these kinds of things, because it offers new experiences with the park.

Anyway... Go!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

Re: "Themed days" at Disneyland

Well, here's the 411 on Bats Day, since this is the one I do.

1. It's a Sunday in May: it changes year to year but it's generally May and they try to make sure that it's a day that three of the four APs (Southern California Select is the one excluded, since it doesn't offer ANY weekends) can go. There are a number of activities throughout the weekend: a flea market, a dinner, a costume ball, and the day at Disneyland. Some people do everything; some just show up on the Disneyland day.

In 2013 it should be May 3 - 5th, with the Disneyland trip on the 5th. You don't have to sign up anywhere, you just show up at Disneyland that day. The Bats Day website always has information on where group photos will be taken. If you want to take part you just show up at the appointed place and time.

2. There really isn't a costume requirement: it's for those who wear goth/punk/spooky clothes, so you'll see a lot of goth gear. You'll see steampunk stuff. Tattoos. Black eyeliner. Fun hair colors.

You will also see people wearing Bats Day t-shirts, or black t-shirts and jeans, and nothing more elaborate, who look just like anyone else at the park that day. You'll see kids and seniors and everyone in between. Everyone's welcome.

The Bats Day organizers try to impress upon participants that whatever they wear has to be acceptable under the Disneyland dress code and reflect well on Bats Day, and I think just about everyone respects that. So you won't generally see people in outfits that are too scary or provocative.

3. Disney doesn't really officially endorse this. However, I've heard characters, CM and performers (like the ones on the tram and Billy Hill and the Hillbillies) make Bats Day jokes. I've also noticed that they tend to have a lot of villains out that day.

Disney also lets Bats Day do small group photos in front of the Haunted Mansion for an hour or two at night.

4. Welcome to the Official Bats Day in the Fun Park Website+
    Last edited by Malina; 10-09-2012 at 11:08 PM.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Well, here's the 411 on Bats Day, since this is the one I do.

1. It's a Sunday in May: it changes year to year but it's generally May and they try to make sure that it's a day that three of the four APs (Southern California Select is the one excluded, since it doesn't offer ANY weekends) can go. There are a number of activities throughout the weekend: a flea market, a dinner, a costume ball, and the day at Disneyland. Some people do everything; some just show up on the Disneyland day.

In 2013 it should be May 3 - 5th, with the Disneyland trip on the 5th.

2. There really isn't a costume requirement: it's for those who wear goth/punk/spooky clothes, so you'll see a lot of goth gear. You'll see steampunk stuff. Tattoos. Black eyeliner. Fun hair colors.

You will also see people wearing Bats Day t-shirts, or black t-shirts and jeans, and nothing more elaborate, who look just like anyone else at the park that day. You'll see kids and seniors and everyone in between. Everyone's welcome.

The Bats Day organizers try to impress upon participants that whatever they wear has to be acceptable under the Disneyland dress code and reflect well on Bats Day, and I think just about everyone respects that. So you won't generally see people in outfits that are too scary or provocative.

3. Disney doesn't really officially endorse this. I've heard characters, CM and performers (like the ones on the tram and Billy Hill and the Hillbillies) the make Bats Day jokes. I've also noticed that they tend to have a lot of villains out that day, though.

4. Welcome to the Official Bats Day in the Fun Park Website
    Count me in!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Count me in!
    Great! I already have it on my calendar for 2013 too. Bats Day is really fun.
    Last edited by Malina; 10-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.

• Selfie Expert

In case anyone wasn't already aware - The Dapper Day group has set up a "group discount" for the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian for their weekend in February. The prices are discounted more than 50% - When I called, I was quoted nearly $500/night for a standard room at the GCH, but I just booked it for $199, for the SAME NIGHT!

Sooooo excited!! Would love to hear more from anyone who has done this (or other themed days) before!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Isn't there a raver day in there somewhere too?

It might be fun to do the themed days, but not all of them...

• Long live the Fire Lord

Unofficial Star Wars Day at Disneyland
    1. It's the last Sunday in June
    2. No costumes allowed, just wear your favorite Star Wars t-shirt. We have a new shirt for sale every year and the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
    3. Disney doesn't participate with anything, but sometimes they let us get a picture with the Jedi
    4. STAR WARS DAY AT DISNEYLAND
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Isn't there a raver day in there somewhere too?

It might be fun to do the themed days, but not all of them...
    I want to do all of them! I might not "participate" in them all, but I'd like to be there for them just to see how the park atmosphere is. I think I've heard of a raver day mentioned. Hopefully someone will have some information!

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    2. No costumes allowed, just wear your favorite Star Wars t-shirt. We have a new shirt for sale every year and the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
    3. Disney doesn't participate with anything, but sometimes they let us get a picture with the Jedi
    THIS is a MUST for me!! Thank you!!

• HYDRA

ive always wanted to do star wars day but been on vactuion then
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    I did not know about this! I'm penciling that in my calendar!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Dapper Day at Disneyland:

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 @ Disneyland.

Inspired by the original Disney Park designer's illustrations, which often featured extremely well dressed guests enjoying the park, Dapper Day events celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style.
    This is a really neat event to attend. It happens twice a year (the first one just happened recently) at the park. At one point during the night everyone meets up at King Arthur's Carousel and it literally feels like you're back in time. Try to make it out to this if you can!

For more info: Dapper Day