Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: The Return of Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemickeyman View Post
    I was talking to a fellow CM the other day who works at Captain EO over at WDW and he said minor changes are already starting to take place and the tentative reopening date for Honey I Shrunk the Audience is January 2nd, 2013. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything similar about the DL attraction. I'm personally hoping DL will make the change along with them!
    UMM NO and NO.Why? Cause HISTA was not the great to begin with. Disneyland won't bring it back i am sure

• Minion

They both need to go, and we should get something completely new. I like and enjoy both but I myself have had enough.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• "What is thy bidding?"

Ooooh how bout the "Droid Cantina Jambore"....Just kidding...I would like to see an updated Mission to Mars/Mission Space or anything that would pay tribute to NASA.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

I sure hope not! I'll rather them keep EO for the time being until a suitable replacement is available. HISTA is just too 90's, at least EO has an futuristic feel to it. I'll be up for a temporary revival of America the Beautiful!

• film975

So you say you want something knew and yet want America... the beautiful? One problem is that it's a CircleVision film. They'd have to completely redo the Magic Eye Theater to accomodate it. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the original version of that film. An Avengers 4D experience would be pretty cool though.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    I want anything to do with wall-e
    That'd work too.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Non-Minion

You could do something really amazing with TRON. you could deck out the outside to look like Flynn's Arcade and you step into the theater and are transported into either a 4D or even a live-action stage show revolving around getting the right Disc and getting back to the portal in time.

Wall-e would be another good avenue, but it could have the potential to come off as one big "go green PSA" not that its a bad thing it would just get a little old as well.

depending on the succedd of Wreck it Ralph, you might even see something like that too. I know it has nothing to do with "tomorrow" but if they see a change to cash in on another movie you know they will. Not to mention the theater is only steps away from the Starcade.

all in all, PLEASE drop Captain EO and NEVER bring back HISTA
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I think through the obvious addition that may come to replace EO may be the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (freshly imported from MK's TL ), cause the Monsters Inc. Prequel coming out next year. Granted, they could do something original, but really the Pencil Boys at TDA and TWDC want cash flow to come to every nook and cranny of the park and the Monsters Inc franchise might be it, with a section of the Star Trader gift shop getting remodeled with Monsters Inc. Merchandise. I'm sure Mr. Wiggins might come to the same conclusion I'm getting with the Monsters Inc. attraction from WDW replacing EO in DL.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    I want anything to do with wall-e
    yup - me too! I was so bummed that I could barely find ANYTHING Wall-e on my recent trip to DLR. Favorite Pixar Movie.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I really hope not. I felt at the end, that show was so stale that it was growing Penicillin. I really hope for something new. An attraction rather than a movie would be best, but I would settle for a new show.
    You and I have had our differences, but on this one we agree 100%

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    I think through the obvious addition that may come to replace EO may be the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (freshly imported from MK's TL ), cause the Monsters Inc. Prequel coming out next year.
    Please no. The Laugh Floor is horrible. I really hope for something original.
    Last edited by calsig31; 10-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• keh!

Something ORIGINAL would be nice! : |

• Banned User

Wall E, YES.

Marvel, NO, NEVER, EVER, next question.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

This is what I have to say...
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10" target="_blank">

• Insomniac

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (along with the mess that is Stitch's "Great" escape) is almost unanimously hated by the fan community. Therefore it will probably replace Captain EO... Oh wait we are talking about TDA who deserves more credit than the lunk heads at TDO. MILF is a horrible example of what TDO will do to push brands that do not fit in the parks, while ignoring franchises like Wall-e, TRON, ect that fit theme much better (although not perfect but technically America the Beautiful, America Sings, Submarines, Nemo Subs, HISTA, Matterhorn which was originally part of Tomorrowland, ect did not fit perfectly either). I have a little more faith in TDA that they will not just simply copy the awful attraction from Orlando. I honestly hope they either a) open the theater up for a new restaurant/ theater, b) demolish the theater and build a ride, or c) create a new non-4D show. 3D movies are on the way out in the theme park business. Time for something new be it hologram, robotics, or something completely new.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast