Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Return of Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    I think through the obvious addition that may come to replace EO may be the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (freshly imported from MK's TL ), cause the Monsters Inc. Prequel coming out next year. Granted, they could do something original, but really the Pencil Boys at TDA and TWDC want cash flow to come to every nook and cranny of the park and the Monsters Inc franchise might be it, with a section of the Star Trader gift shop getting remodeled with Monsters Inc. Merchandise. I'm sure Mr. Wiggins might come to the same conclusion I'm getting with the Monsters Inc. attraction from WDW replacing EO in DL.

Timekeeper
    No, HECK NO!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Master of Disaster

It's a 4D theater. both EO and HISTA are what 20 minutes long? How about they make a 3rd and or 4th movie and have a rotating schedule making the theater a repeat visit throughout the day! heck just move the muppets 3d as the third show and free up that real estate in DCA.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    It's a 4D theater. both EO and HISTA are what 20 minutes long? How about they make a 3rd and or 4th movie and have a rotating schedule making the theater a repeat visit throughout the day! heck just move the muppets 3d as the third show and free up that real estate in DCA.
    Muppetvision does not fit Tomorrowland, but I guess most of the people on this board ignore thematic cohesion when thinking of ideas. Haha jk I really like the idea of different shows running throughout the day. However, I think that it would need to be just different adventures like Star Tours the Adventure Continues. All based on one character/ franchise but with different films to experience.

Ex: Wall-e based film with 3 possible films that take you on 3 different adventures with each film being different.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Dillamond View Post
    I think they need to bring in a new show to replace EO. Not something modern and themed around a mainstream Disney movie, but something classic and lovely that everybody can enjoy.
    Hopefully that something classic will fit with the theme of Tomorrowland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It really doesn't fit into the CA theme either.
    It most definitely would fit in the Hollywood area of DCA.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    It most definitely would fit in the Hollywood area of DCA.
    If the current Monsters inc ride is out of place, I fail to see how this would fit into Hollywood.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Watching talented comedians Rick Moranis (formerly of SCTV) and Eric Idle (formerly of Monty Python) be so unfunny in this was painful. Plus, 3D is no longer as much of a novelty now that its in every multiplex in America, plus two 3D films still over in DCA that use most of the same effects and the same "let's put on a show and then something suddenly goes wrong!" plotline.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

3D is in every theater now and many even have 4D elements (D-Box). Whatever is put in here should avoid cheap 3D tricks (to borrow a phrase from the Muppets). It should just be a good movie that just happens to be 3D. Think the difference between films that used 3D to enhance the film such as Avatar or The Avengers vs films that Resident Evil where they relied on cheap 3D tricks.

Tron or Wall-E would fit well, but I think even they would eventually lose their popularity. I think a better option would be another musical. Unlike Captain EO, there should be music throughout the movie, not just at the end. I love Captain EO, but aside from a few fun moments in the beginning (Hooter cracks me up) the film doesn't really get going until the music starts. The plot would not have to incredibly deep or compelling. People would watch just to hear their favorite songs. I think people are more willing to hear their favorite songs over and over than see the same movie over and over. They could do basically a Tomorrowland version of Mickey's Philharmagic. Instead of Donald they can use Wall-E characters, Tron characters, or create an original storyline. They could do a sequel to Captain EO using Michael Jackson songs with a new actor portraying EO's son. They could also consider licensing songs such as musicals like Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, Rock of Age, etc. Imagine if they got their hands on a Beatles license!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Rick Moranis hasn't made a movie in over 15 years. The last movie in the "Honey" franchise was over 15 years ago and didn't even get a theatrical release. It's an obsolete franchise. Reviving it makes no sense at all.

• The doctor is in

Unless they are going for another "tribute" while they create a new attraction for the theater I would stick with Captain EO for now. It's more enjoyable than Honey I Shrunk the Audience, imo.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Disneyland Nut

I really think something new should be put there, too. I don't mind Captain EO per se, but I think now with Disney's involvement with Marvel having something related to The Avengers and the like would be perfect.

HISTA is sooooo outdated that it's not even nostalgic like EO was/is. Very campy and corny and boring. I'm hoping that they keep EO there through the new year so I can get some family to come and see it before it exits, but having something fresh there would be nice, too.

That being said, I'll really miss singing along with MJ and looking back on the fun time of the 80s and early 90s.

• Koubu Pilot

From information that has probably appeared on Micechat, only WDW is bringing back HISTA. It's unknown what Disneyland eventually plans to do, and OLC was planning to replace EO at Tokyo Disneyland with something new until the earthquake hit in March of last year, putting plans on the back burner. Disneyland Paris has closed their EO and the rumor was to convert the theater to house Jedi Training Academy since they're also getting the new Star Tours.

I wouldn't mind seeing something new, but for the time being I'm going to enjoy EO while it's around. We only go once a year, so I'm not in the same boat as an AP holder.

As much as I'd like to see a WALL-E or Tron replacement for Captain EO, it's really too bad that they can't put new, original content into that space. Not every ride has to have a movie tie-in, as much as the bean counters would like us to believe.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMinnie View Post
    As much as I'd like to see a WALL-E or Tron replacement for Captain EO, it's really too bad that they can't put new, original content into that space. Not every ride has to have a movie tie-in, as much as the bean counters would like us to believe.
    Hear, hear!

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMinnie View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast