Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: The Return of Honey I Shrunk the Audience

What sort of original thing could be placed there?

The attractions at Disneyland, for the most part, are based off Disney characters. That is just how it is.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

EO has definitely run it's course but if it really comes down to either keeping EO for the time being or reverting back to HISTA... Why would they want to go back to HISTA? At least EO had a momentary resurgence in popularity after MJ's death and brought more people into that theater... Bringing back HISTA would be so pointless. So few people were attending that attraction before they closed it. I'd even argue that less people would attend HISTA if it were brought back than are attending EO right now.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'd actually prefer if the theater just stayed closed for a while until a new attraction comes into play. Sure, there'd be complaints about such a big piece of abandoned real estate being closed off, but it'd be worth it to make room for something new rather than something old that wasn't really popular to begin with.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    How bout a laser show themed to the various futuristic Disney movies (i.e. Tron, Wall-E)?
    i think I'd like this. Definitely don't want to see HISTA or EO.

• secure all cargo

Definitely need a new movie. That said, if I had to choose between EO and HISTA, although I grew up with EO I'd definitely prefer HISTA.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post

The attractions at Disneyland, for the most part, are based off Disney characters. That is just how it is.
    Maybe with today's Disney, but its not how it always was. It would be great to go back to the days when everything didn't have to have a character tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I'd actually prefer if the theater just stayed closed for a while until a new attraction comes into play.
    Why would you want this? Isn't it better to at least have something there until they come up with a replacement? If people don't like it they don't have to go see it, but at least it can be opened for some people to enjoy until they decide to do something else with the space.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Rick Moranis hasn't made a movie in over 15 years. The last movie in the "Honey" franchise was over 15 years ago and didn't even get a theatrical release. It's an obsolete franchise. Reviving it makes no sense at all.
    I'm with you about letting HISTA stay dead. Sadly the reason Rick Moranis (who was brilliant on SCTC, despite Bob & Doug) retired was because after his wife died he had a hard time finding enough time to be with his kids.

How about Philharmagic? The preshow could explain how we're in the future and a time & motion machine is going to take us back to WDW in the year 2003. I think it came to Tokyo in 2011. I only suggest this because I'm assuming Disney might go with the cheapest option for this theater.

If money were no object, I'd prefer a 360 Circlevision theater with a different film each month.

I'd want a new 360 Tour of the World in 3D
    four months a year after it plays there alone for one full year.

"America the Beautiful" two months a year (July & December)

"American Journeys" one month a year

"Magic Carpet 'Round the World" two months a year

"Wonders of China" one month a year every other year rotating with "A Tour of the West"

"Oh Canada" (double feature with the '82 & '07 versions): sorry. I'm out of months.

Rotate the films so that a family that visits every year in June, July, August or December will see a different film each year if they visit five years in a row.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.

• I'm a Lutheran

Honestly...I don't care what they do with it, as long as Laugh Floor Comedy Club isn't put in there.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post

That's not how it's always been though..

IMO They should put in a Wreck It Ralph tie in. They are going to have the game in the arcade, they are going to have the character meet in the arcade. How about a game jumping 4d movie driving through Sugar Rush, being shot and chased by characters from hero's Duty and maybe even different games too, it would all be in the same area...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    IMO They should put in a Wreck It Ralph tie in. They are going to have the game in the arcade, they are going to have the character meet in the arcade. How about a game jumping 4d movie driving through Sugar Rush, being shot and chased by characters from hero's Duty and maybe even different games too, it would all be in the same area...
    Sorry, but that doesn't seem to relate to the World of Tomorrow to me.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Sorry, but that doesn't seem to relate to the World of Tomorrow to me.
    True, but it is more current than HISA and it will tie in with the arcade and meet and greet right next door.

I've always hoped for a Wall-E 3D or 4D experience there. I also foresee a wreck it meet and greet in whats almost formally the starcade.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Captain EO! I may be biased because I love MJ, but oh well I just hope it is still there when I can make my next visit. We had to skip EO and Mr. Lincoln this weekend, which are two of my favorite attractions

• world class bilge rat

I actually like HISTA. It's a relaxing way to sort of break up the day, a chance to sit down for a while. Plus, in my mind, it's entertaining.

If they do indeed bring it back, I hope it is exactly as it was before. In my opinion, Disney has a very poor track record of 'improving' attractions. If they change any part of it, it'll almost certainly be for the worse.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast