• Bring back the Keelboats!

Disneyland Dog Kennel

Has anyone used the dog kennels outside the main entrance to Disneyland? I see they are $20 a day, but the cast members do not handle the animals. You must visit and walk them.

Anyone have anything to say about the facility? We are going at the end of this month and would appreciate any comments!

Thank you!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Re: Disneyland Dog Kennel

We took ours back in May 2010 and I loved the facility, especially the Lady and the Tramp scrim in the outside play area. The people there were very kind.

However, I would not do it again, because of having to go back to the entrance 3-5 times throughout the day to take care of him. I would just pay one of my kids friends or a family member to come over and do the same thing, and not let it interrupt the Disney Fun.

• Minion

I had a dog for many many years, and we would bring him when we went. The kennel is great. Going back to check on him never seemed like that big of a deal. Since it's right near the front, and you are probably going to both parks, you have reason to be near the kennel anyway. If you can get to the kennel first, you get a special treat. We have an autographed picture from Pluto that hung over my dog's water dish for years. It was a silly treat, but I was pleased that the Disney touch even reached into the kennels.

• a damsel not in distress

we always found it easier to have somebody we know watch our dogs so it was one less thing we had to worry about during the day. however, if that's not an option for you, $20 a day is actually cheap and having you check in on him/her means they get to feel like they are part of the family trip! hahaha

also, getting that pluto autograph would be awesome.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Thank you for your feedback. The Pluto pic sounds really cute!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Park Lover

The kennel is very nice. I go once a month or so and always take my dog. I prefer being the only person who handles him so I like that part. It is very convenient to get to and has never felt like a hassle to go every few hours and take him out for potty and some lovin. I'm always happy to go see him. We have been going for 10 years with him now. They used to give you a certificate with your dog's name on it when you checked out for the day, but they stopped doing that a few years ago. I don't know about any Pluto picture. We have been the first person there before and never got that.

I highly recommend using the kennel if you need to take your friend with you. Don't forget to bring a printout from your Vet of your dog's vaccinations. You must have that.
    My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
    My Disneyland Flickr set!
    My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

I've used the dog kennel a few times now, and I have nothing bad to say about it. Although I will say that I personally find it rather cruel if you are going to be there all day, to only take your dog to the tiny little play area on your required visits. For a low energy dog, this might be OK, but for myself, I have a poodle and he NEEDS at least 1-2 hours of exercise a day. I always take him every 4-5 hours on a walk outside the park area down the street(down to Katella on Harbor, and back). There is also a really nice little closed off grass area with a gazebo that we took our dog to, over by the Disneyland hotel.
    I mean I can't make choices for anyone, but personally I'd suggest to put that into mind.

• Minion

The kennel is quite nice. Don't forget to check your shot records to make sure you are up to date on the vaccines. I personally like that they don't take the dogs out. Imagine if one got loose or 2 got in a fight while exercising.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mel- View Post
    The kennel is very nice. I go once a month or so and always take my dog. I prefer being the only person who handles him so I like that part. It is very convenient to get to and has never felt like a hassle to go every few hours and take him out for potty and some lovin. I'm always happy to go see him. We have been going for 10 years with him now. They used to give you a certificate with your dog's name on it when you checked out for the day, but they stopped doing that a few years ago. I don't know about any Pluto picture. We have been the first person there before and never got that.

I highly recommend using the kennel if you need to take your friend with you. Don't forget to bring a printout from your Vet of your dog's vaccinations. You must have that.
    I'm bummed to hear they stopped doing the certificate... I wonder if they still do the photo since you mentioned never having seeing that.

• formerly very helpful

Just curious, how large are the enclosures the dogs stay in? Are they the standard size you'd see at any groomer, or any larger than that?

• Unhelpful User

I find it cruel to leave any dog in a kennel.

I've used the kennels once after we hadoptedour dogs. They have bigger kennels for larger dogs and smaller kennels I believe for smaller dogs unless they're all the same. I found our two chihuahua pomeranians to be immensely small inside a huge kennel. (They both shared a kennel).

Make sure you bring a copy of their vaccinations. I like the fact that they don't handle the dogs because I couldn't imagine if something were to happen. Plus it never is a hassle to go out of our way to take them out to walk them and just give them some attention. I like how they will give the kibble and leave it in their kennel along with a bowl of water. I would definitely bring an old towel, blanket or something to put down for your dog as well as maybe a favorite toy or something that they like so they don't feel alone. Only drawback was there was a barking yappy dog in the kennel by them and they would be waiting for us to take them out.

I wish they gave out the certificates because that would have been a cute thing to have of their stay but you do get a copy or at least you used to of their kennel papers. I like the little area to go to the bathroom because my dogs are so small we actually managed to take a very cute photo of one of them by the flowers.

---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 10:02 AM ----------

Sometimes you have to kennel your dog. We don't have a dog sitter at times so we maybe using the kennels.

• formerly very helpful

Perhaps some photos would be nice if anyone has any.