Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Certified in everything

Re: Does Disneyland Management Pay Attention to MiceChat?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Wow. No one bothered to read Wiggins' posts, and yet posted anyway.
    This.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Disney keeps an eye on ALL the boards. Do they read every single post? No. But jobs do exist for monitoring social media. I wish I had done a screen shot of a job posting I ran into online some years ago that was for someone to monitor the online community for Disney. They are fully aware of EVERY Disney board, and have people who's job it is to keep any eye on the basic stuff going on.

They aren't necessarily active on the boards, and they don't spend a ton of time, but they scan through and keep a general idea of what is going on.

Thats why CM's can and have lost their jobs because of things that have been posted.

Disney employees do have accounts here. Employees at WDI and Burbank do have accounts with us. (Even Pixar has a presence here and employees have posted from Emeryville) People who are pretty high up in the company have accounts. That doesn't mean that they actually post or use the accounts but they do have them. Trust me....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

They DO roam the boards, but keep in mind that the data they obtain are basically as useful/"useless" as surveys taken in the parks. They just obtain public opinion and use the data on how to further improve guest experience. Idea taking from the internet is a big no no because that puts the company in jeopardy of a possible lawsuit.

Info on these boards by no means more important as in-park surveys.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Smile Re: Does Disneyland Management Pay Attention to MiceChat?

Very interesting responses from everyone, thanks; and a special kowtow to Mr. W. for taking the time to scan and link those earlier threads.

Since arriving here I have seen some really fascinating ideas, such as the revamping of T-land, implementation of Discovery Bay (whine, plead, grovel!), and most recently the comfort issues with the new Matterhorn bobsleds. MChat is much more valuable than some randomly-telephone-solicited $100/hour focus group; people speak up here because they really care beyond just buying admission and having s day's fun.
    ______
    Rachane

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    It seems like I remember there being a suggestion/idea box for CMs to submit their thoughts about the park while I worked there, and the humor in it was that most of us knew that once ideas were placed into the box, they fell into a black hole.
    I'm not sure they really followed many CMs suggestions (unless they were the occasional token, minor ideas, possibly).
    So really not all that optimistic or confident they would follow those posted here. But I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Disney keeps an eye on ALL the boards. Do they read every single post? No. But jobs do exist for monitoring social media. I wish I had done a screen shot of a job posting I ran into online some years ago that was for someone to monitor the online community for Disney. They are fully aware of EVERY Disney board, and have people who's job it is to keep any eye on the basic stuff going on.

They aren't necessarily active on the boards, and they don't spend a ton of time, but they scan through and keep a general idea of what is going on.

Thats why CM's can and have lost their jobs because of things that have been posted.

Disney employees do have accounts here. Employees at WDI and Burbank do have accounts with us. (Even Pixar has a presence here and employees have posted from Emeryville) People who are pretty high up in the company have accounts. That doesn't mean that they actually post or use the accounts but they do have them. Trust me....
    Just think.....
    the people that are running the company are seeing there future boss......
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12