Appropriate costumes to wear to Mickey's Halloween Party?

So I'm really excited because this year me and my friends will finally be attending Mickey's Halloween party. One of the things that we're kind of wondering about is what constitutes an appropriate costume? I have this pin up girl costume that I was thinking of wearing but the skirt is a bit shorter than normal. I was thinking of wearing black tights in order to make it less leg revealing, but I don't want to risk it and get denied at the gate. Have you guys seen people turned away because their costumes were considered to be too revealing?
    And also the day that we're going (the 26th) DCA will be open until 12am. Are we allowed to head over to DCA as well in our costumes?

• a damsel not in distress

Re: Appropriate costumes to wear to Mickey's Halloween Party?

i would say that if you feel like it may be too short for the environment, then it's best to wear something under it. the only bad thing about black tights is that they can be see-through, which would probably prompt an unfavorable response. black leggings might be better.

also, not 100% on this one, but i think i heard somewhere that adult costumes are restricted to the party?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    i would say that if you feel like it may be too short for the environment, then it's best to wear something under it. the only bad thing about black tights is that they can be see-through, which would probably prompt an unfavorable response. black leggings might be better.

also, not 100% on this one, but i think i heard somewhere that adult costumes are restricted to the party?
    Yes,

Copied from the Disneyland Website:

Costume Guidelines
    All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow at least these guidelines:

Costumes Should

• Be child-friendly.

Costumes Should Not

• Be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Drag on the ground.
    • Contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

Masks

• Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.

Guest Conduct

• Guests may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above guidelines.
    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

I'm assuming child friendly means no "sexy" type costumes. Remember, this is an event geared towards children.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MusicJunky2 View Post
    Are we allowed to head over to DCA as well in our costumes?
    Strictly Disneyland and only during the party.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."