Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Dreaming of next trip

Re: OCT 9 - 12 Halloween party plus 2 days With photos

Well the outdoor seating area is still being worked on, I took some more photos today, it is an ice skating rink, A small one but a rink. They even have a small zamboni.
    At first I thought that it was imposible, but as work continued it became more evident. The workers said that it would be there untill Feburary.
    Here are some photos that were taken this morning. The rest of the trip report will happen latter.

This is the smallest zamboni that I have ever seen it is attached to a small tractor. As you can see the rink is on the small side.

Last edited by mouseknotts; 10-12-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: add photos

• Goofy

good pics

• Dreaming of next trip

Thanks, they were testing the lights last night. We stopped by before we left to see what was being done. They are working fast and there is a lot of work for them to do still. The Disney blog has info that you can ice skate there, but that is a very small rink for ice skating.

• some assembly required

GOOD CALL!!!
    OMG, a real ice rink for the winter time? This is very cool and so unexpected - I haven't seen a word about it and the only thing I could think was that it was EOS contruction. Thx for these pics and info. Not only is it a TR, but it is also a news report!

5 stars for this TR!!! Thx again!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Dreaming of next trip

The Ice rink threw me for a while also. But staying at the Disneyland hotel gave a rare treat that we could walk by it twice each day. The Disney blog states that it will be open to the public for a price, but it can not handle alot of people since it is rather small for an ice skatting rink. But there is an out door ice skatting rink in DTD I am looking forward to our December trip, may be we will go ice skatting who knows.

• Dreaming of next trip

Day 3
    Well this post was delayed a bit by the life. But finaly here is the last day.
    The forcast was for thundershowers, but all of the large cells went around Disneyland. but we did get a light rain twice in the day.
    Durring this trip a things became very eveident, first I think half of the state of Arizona was there, and we met several people from Canada.
    There were a lot of small children there also.
    Since the forcast was for thundershowers it appeared that most of the vistitors were from out of town, the amount of lanyards from the travel agencys tended to back up that idea also. We took it easy this day but here is a break down of what happened.
    Checked the forcast in the morning, yep rain is comming. Looked out the window of the hotel, the rain was here, but it was a light rain.
    Put on the rain ponchos and headed to the park.

When we got to DL we found the following closed.
    Tarzan's tree house (all day)
    Alice (in the morning and when it rained)
    toontown was closed when it was raining in the morning.
    Jedi
    the Matterhorn was broken down so we did not get to ride it today. Latter on they got it running.
    We noticed all of the characters were under awnings so they could keep dry.
    We noticed that a lot of the rides had a longer line than we would have expected for a Thursday.
    ate lunch at the hungry bear.
    watched people, always fun in the rain.
    Rode the Mark Twain.
    Watched the parade, yes it dried out enough so they were able to have the parade. It realy only rained a couple of times so it was not that bad, but it was fun being in the park when it was raining.
    ate dinner at the Plazza inn, had the chicken dinner. A strong thank you to all who have posted about the chicken dinner there, it was great. Best chicken I have ever had.
    This trip the Halloween Party was a high point, and RSR was a close second, I had seen the videos of the ride but it was better in person. We will have to ride it at night next trip.

is jack sparrow meet and greet only during the halloween party??

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    is jack sparrow meet and greet only during the halloween party??
    Yes he is only out during the party, he is in the pirate and friends area next to the rivers of America.
    Last edited by mouseknotts; 10-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

• Disneymom

I and My whole family completely love the fried chicken at the Plaza. We definately have to eat there whenever we go to the park. I can't wait to go again. It have been almost a year and a half since we've been. We are hopefully going after the New Year when taxes come back. I am so looking forward to showing DL to my 5 month old grandson. ( We've practically worn out the video Disneyland's sing-along) yes, I know he is young and shouldn't watch tv but he really loves the video. His favorite is IASW. We figure if he waches it then he hopefully won't be scared of the characters when we go.
    Back to your report. I loved it. THe pictures were fun to see and made my day better with a DL fix. THank you.

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I and My whole family completely love the fried chicken at the Plaza. We definately have to eat there whenever we go to the park. I can't wait to go again. It have been almost a year and a half since we've been. We are hopefully going after the New Year when taxes come back. I am so looking forward to showing DL to my 5 month old grandson. ( We've practically worn out the video Disneyland's sing-along) yes, I know he is young and shouldn't watch tv but he really loves the video. His favorite is IASW. We figure if he waches it then he hopefully won't be scared of the characters when we go.
    Back to your report. I loved it. THe pictures were fun to see and made my day better with a DL fix. THank you.
    I hope you are able to go to DL next year. In July we took our 3 month old Granddaughter. We are going in December and she is comming along also. Each child is different (as you know) our granddaughter loves lights so December will be great.
    thanks for the nice comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12