Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dreaming of next trip

OCT 9 - 12 Halloween party plus 2 days With photos

We left Home at 730 AM and we began the long journy to get to Disneyland, we stopped only for food and gas. We were in a hurry to get to the party, this was going to be quick trip.
    We arrived around 230 PM and checked in to the Disneyland Hotel. It has been several years since we stayed there, if fact this is our first time since it had been renovated. I like what they have done to the place. Enought about the hotel.
    We checked in and got into our room, got into our costumes and went to the Park. This was our third year, and it never gets old.
    We were concerned that it might be to crowded since it has sold out, but it was not to bad. We rode POC since it was a walk on, the Matterhorn was a short line also.
    we went trick or treating, yay free candy and we get to go trick or treating as adults priceless, well you could say we are kids at heart.
    Went to see the decorations and the pirates. If anyone else was there tuesday the 9th, yes I was the viking with the cannon (camera). I had a blast.
    We watched the first parade and then the fireworks. The Fireworks was great one of the best shows around.
    Went to the pirate meet and great, I think we upset Captain Jack, but we were able to get back on his good side and get a photo with him.
    Since my wife had worked the night before and only took a small nap on the way down, we called it a night and headed to the hotel.

One of the great things is the fog on the rivers of America.

We finaly got the photo we wanted.

Last edited by mouseknotts; 10-10-2012 at 09:35 PM.

• Nic

Re: OCT 9 - 12 Halloween party plus 2 days With photos

Great report so far! What part of Northern California do you live in? When my family drives down, only stopping for food, we get there like at, 5:00. Was there no 405 traffic?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Yay! Halloween pics! I'll be there on the 26th and can't wait!

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Great report so far! What part of Northern California do you live in? When my family drives down, only stopping for food, we get there like at, 5:00. Was there no 405 traffic?
    We live north of Sacramento, so we go down I5 for most of the trip.

• Selfie Expert

What did you do to upset Capt. Jack Sparrow? Sounds like a funny story!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Dreaming of next trip

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    What did you do to upset Capt. Jack Sparrow? Sounds like a funny story!
    When it was our turn my wife said that she wanted a photo with here favorite CM, well it was one of the helpers, and not Capt. Jack. Well Capt. Jack Sparrow stayed true to form and got "upset" and went off to inspect the loot. He even suggested that an appology might help. After many appologies and pleading he came back for the photo shoot. It was a great time, Capt. Jack is one of the best. His interaction with all of the guest has always been right on, it helps to make the party one of the best.

Checking out the loot then suggesting at an appology might help.

• Goofy

nice pictures thanks. cant wait to see more

• Dreaming of next trip

Here are a few more from the party.

The scar crows are great they interact with the guests and they are the livelyest scarecrow you will ever see (there are 2 of them).

This year they have done a great job of screening the party so that only those who have the wrist bands can stay. They are firm yet polite. This photo shows the slowly moving screening line that happened some time after the park has closed to the regular guests and is only open for the party guests.

The party was great looking forward to next year.

• some assembly required

Wow. They started the fog early for your party! I think ours didn't kick on til after dark.

The scare-crows are freaky to me (in a good way). We walked past them and were nearly at the center of the hub and made eye contact from afar, he shouted to us to come on over to hear a ghost story. That inital contact was bizarre!

The story was cute. Something about the ghost of a Snowman that lives in the mountain "off yonder". His story was perfectly timed to the roars comming from the Matterhorn. Very creative!!!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Not So New Member

Great pics from the party! Thank you for sharing!
    disney lady

Sounds and looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Love HW time at DL. Have only been twice and hope to take my grandbabies soon. TFS!

• Not So New Member

He is my fav ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    When it was our turn my wife said that she wanted a photo with here favorite CM, well it was one of the helpers, and not Capt. Jack. Well Capt. Jack Sparrow stayed true to form and got "upset" and went off to inspect the loot. He even suggested that an appology might help. After many appologies and pleading he came back for the photo shoot. It was a great time, Capt. Jack is one of the best. His interaction with all of the guest has always been right on, it helps to make the party one of the best.

Checking out the loot then suggesting at an appology might help.
    disney lady

• a damsel not in distress

great pictures! i've been to disneyland during halloween time, but never to the party, and you got so many fun character pictures, i think i may have to consider going next year.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Dreaming of next trip

Day 2
    We went to DCA early, love the early morning entry. Waited for the rope drop at 800 AM and then stayed to the right, a thank you goes out to all who passed on the information. It helped. Went strait to RSR standby line and in 45 minets we were on the ride. This was our first time on RSR, we did not want to wait the 3 hours in July and our grand daughter was with us.
    RSR was great here are some photos. We will have to ride it again but with rain on Thursday it does not look like it will be this trip.

Want to race?

And were off and running.

After winning the race (at least in our minds), it was off to Flo's to celibrate our victory.
    Rode the Little Mermaid and walked around a bit.
    Went over to DL and found the line to Holiday Haunted Mansion to be short so we went on that ride, all other times the line was past the gate.
    Time to go to the hotel for a bit. What is this?

If I did not know any better I would swear that it is an ice skatting rink, outside of the ESPN building.

After a short break we went back to DCA and found out we had to make a detour, this was waiting on the walk way.

Some one is getting married.

Went to Cars land to see the lighting of the buildings, and notices some new brakets on the poles. They must be getting ready for Christmas.

After the lighting of the neon we noticed that RSR was not working.

Went to eat and when we came back an hour latter the cars were still there you can see them in the lower left of the photo.

Rode the red car trolly and then called it a night, they added an hour to the closeing of DCA.
    Went to the Disneyland Hotel and tried to download the photos. I found out that they had wired internet and they also had a network cable in the desk. I love this hotel.

---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    great pictures! i've been to disneyland during halloween time, but never to the party, and you got so many fun character pictures, i think i may have to consider going next year.
    We only went to a few of the meet and great locations. you could spend most of your time waiting to meet the characters.

Some of the characters this year, there were more this year than last year.
    Phineas & ferb, Friends from aladdin, Jack Skellington, Winnie the pooh and Friends, Disney Parate pals (we went to this one).
    toy story pals, Mickey & Minnie, Disney Villains (before the parade). Disney Princesses, Merida, Star wars Stormtroopers.
    So it is safe to say that if you want to meet characters the Halloween party is a good way to do it.

• some assembly required

The "rink", well it is actually outdoor seating for Earl of Sandwich. They haven't put in the tables and benches/seating yet. Looks like a great space to eat imo.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast