Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyblue View Post
    As we were walking up to the que we heard the CM tell a teenager that he could not have candy if he didn't have a bag and that there weren't any bags left. He said that he had a pocket and she repeated no bag, no candy and he left.
    I wonder if this is an underlying rule. And if it is....are we only allowed to use the tiny bags they give out? Or can I bring a few of my own?

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I wonder if this is an underlying rule. And if it is....are we only allowed to use the tiny bags they give out? Or can I bring a few of my own?
    We saw many people with their own bags--such as reusable shopping bags. But, I'm not sure if they were just dumping in loads from smaller bags that family members were bringing to them. We really didn't pay a lot of attention and the embarassing situation with the teenage boy kind of put us off. What difference did it make whether he had a bag or not? I felt bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyblue View Post
    We saw many people with their own bags--such as reusable shopping bags. But, I'm not sure if they were just dumping in loads from smaller bags that family members were bringing to them. We really didn't pay a lot of attention and the embarassing situation with the teenage boy kind of put us off. What difference did it make whether he had a bag or not? I felt bad for him.
    Ah yeah, this is what I remember from the last Halloween event I went to in 2010.

As for what diference does it make whether the teen had a bag or not, I would think it's some sort of rule regarding CM's putting candy into guests actual hands or something like that. Probably for legal protection.

I don't know, just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimbob View Post
    Some of us go to the party without kids and feel that we should get what we paid for. This party is not meant just for kids like Halloween itself is. It is meant to be fun for all ages.
    And it is fun for all ages. No one said you can't have candy. Just don't get all upset when the kid next to you gets a few more candies than you.

It is like going to a baseball game. Kids and adults lineup for autographs along the front row of the stands and behind the dugouts to get autographs. Kids should get priority. I don't think anyone should dispute that, right? And guess what? You paid to get into the park just like that kid did (or his/her parents' did). If you get an autograph, great!

Same thing here.

What I'm trying to say is, get into the spirit of the activity/event rather than break it down to the point where you're nitpicking and ruin it for yourself!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    And it is fun for all ages. No one said you can't have candy. Just don't get all upset when the kid next to you gets a few more candies than you.

It is like going to a baseball game. Kids and adults lineup for autographs along the front row of the stands and behind the dugouts to get autographs. Kids should get priority. I don't think anyone should dispute that, right? And guess what? You paid to get into the park just like that kid did (or his/her parents' did).

Same thing here.
    If everyone paid the same, they should spread the candy around equally.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

It is like going to a baseball game. Kids and adults lineup for autographs along the front row of the stands and behind the dugouts to get autographs. Kids should get priority. I don't think anyone should dispute that, right? And guess what? You paid to get into the park just like that kid did (or his/her parents' did). If you get an autograph, great!

Same thing here.

What I'm trying to say is, get into the spirit of the activity/event rather than break it down to the point where you're nitpicking and ruin it for yourself!
    Agree with this. There is no reason why grown ups can't show some graciousness and generosity toward the children at the party (and each other!), instead of competing with them for candy and feeling ripped off. If you, as a grown up, want more candy, go through the treat lines more times. There is no limit on how many times you can go through the lines. If you didn't get the amount you wanted the first time, go through again! Just have a good attitude about it -- don't be demanding. Also, to the pp who commented on the healthy treats, I think that the CMs have been told to give those out randomly or if requested, so it isn't deliberate toward one person. If you don't want those treats, just say so. We always say that we don't want anything healthy, thank you!

• Sock Puppet

I'm probably going to come off as a grump here, but Halloween candy is/should be for the children! Anything extras we get as adults/parents should be considered a bonus.

why? if an adult pays the same price of the halloween ticket to get into the halloween party they should be allowed to have as much candy as their own children! Last year the treat trails were handing out candy like it was going out of style. I hear this year there wasn't that much candy... so in the op case maybe they were just trying to conserve candy so they would have enough for everyone, i don't think it had anything to do with AGE

---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

I'm probably going to come off as a grump here, but Halloween candy is/should be for the children! Anything extras we get as adults/parents should be considered a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If everyone paid the same, they should spread the candy around equally.

equality not quantity..calsig has it right. and i agree..

This was my first year attending the Halloween Party and I was well chuffed at the candy experience. My initial reaction to the bag was dismay at the small size but at the end of the night my bag felt plenty heavy and I came to the conclusion that I didn't really need a huge bag, and that it's probably a good size for people of all ages.

I probably shouldn't make suggestions about the original poster or anybody else who has posted here but I don't think that people come to the Halloween Party trying to evaluate on its cost effectiveness for candy. I think that if I took the amount of money I spent on the ticket and bought candy at Target I would have an absurd amount more. When I go it's not about candy it's about this special halloween event with a special halloween parade, special halloween fireworks and other things which are unique to the halloween party. (Villain character meets and so forth).

But then I am a weird kid, I ate my apple slices and the slices of the people I was with because I didn't want them to go to waste.

If you had a bad experience I'm sorry. But I have a bag full of candy that I can share with you if that will make you feel better. Hands off the peanut butter cups, I'm saving them for my mom.

I went last year and was not happy with the event. I even did the survey with poor reviews. First trying to get into M&F was a nightmare because everyone was leaving. After being stuck on the ramp to the level for 15 minutes a CM finally started directing traffic. They ran out of the special Trick or Treat bags so we got the generic clear Disneyland bag. We weren't interested in the candy stations. Really wanted to see the shows and characters. Walking by Tomorrowland we noticed no one in line for candy. We walked through the line and my girlfriend was in front of me. As I was standing there a CM snapped at me and told me I would have to get in the other line since there is no wait, but we were the only two in line! Then we waited for Phineas and Ferb and there was a long delay by 30 minutes. At least the made up for it with a free photo. I was really excited to go since it was my first time but by the end of the night it left a sour taste in my mouth.

This year my girlfriend went and got one of the Trick or Treat bags, but it was starting to rip. She asked the CM if she could have another and the CM said one per person. They gave her regular DisneyParks bag. She threw the Trick or Treat bag away and told another CM that she never got one. They gave her one, I mean really the bag probably only costs .25 to make.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    Agree with this. There is no reason why grown ups can't show some graciousness and generosity toward the children at the party (and each other!), instead of competing with them for candy and feeling ripped off. If you, as a grown up, want more candy, go through the treat lines more times. There is no limit on how many times you can go through the lines. If you didn't get the amount you wanted the first time, go through again! Just have a good attitude about it -- don't be demanding. Also, to the pp who commented on the healthy treats, I think that the CMs have been told to give those out randomly or if requested, so it isn't deliberate toward one person. If you don't want those treats, just say so. We always say that we don't want anything healthy, thank you!
    Well stated! Very mature answer!

•   
    • Minion

See, the kids will have other opportunities to go trick or treating this Halloween. The adults won't, since that is quite frowned upon (I think my family stopped me from going out ToT when I was 11 and went to junior high school).

From that perspective, maybe the adults should be able to enjoy it more and get that candy. Of course, I'm not advocating shoving the kids out of the way and graciousness toward others is appreciated regardless of age, but given the price of the party they shouldn't give less to adults.

The point about going through the line again is 100% valid, of course. There's nothing that says you can only go through each line once.

As for the bags, we brought our own--someone gave me a really cute Halloween bag, just slightly larger than the ones Disney was giving out.

•   
    • Minion

Anyone else find it amusing this thread is about getting candy from trick or treating for adults vs kids. I go every year and I have a blast. The CMs have always been great to generalize them here in this thread seems a bit much to me but that's my opinion of course. It's meant to just be a fun event not a contest for how much candy can I get lol

Just go in and let your mind be free and enjoy it even if you feel you should have gotten 4 kit kats instead of 3. And if you want that 4 kit kat go through the line again or another one.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Anyone else find it amusing this thread is about getting candy from trick or treating for adults vs kids. I go every year and I have a blast. The CMs have always been great to generalize them here in this thread seems a bit much to me but that's my opinion of course. It's meant to just be a fun event not a contest for how much candy can I get lol

Just go in and let your mind be free and enjoy it even if you feel you should have gotten 4 kit kats instead of 3. And if you want that 4 kit kat go through the line again or another one.
    LOL. True. Disneyland does bring out the kid in all of us, right?

Of course rude CMs are a different story than the candy. I was disappointed by those last year but this year, I agree, they were beyond fantastic.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    And if you want that 4 kit kat go through the line again or another one.
    The point is you shouldn't have to go through the line twice to get the same amount of candy as those who go through once. It should be an equal distribution.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    See, the kids will have other opportunities to go trick or treating this Halloween
    You can not be sure of that unless you are part of every single kids family. But that is neither here nor there.

However, I believe it is just dependent on each person's perspective.

For me, I couldn't give a rat's patootie about the candy. But my kid, I'm sure he's gonna love having his bag filled and that, along with seeing the other children smiling with bags full of sweets, is what it is all about to me.

Of course, I'm 35. Those closer to teen years or early 20's may have a different opinion or those my age or older may have different opinions. That is just my take.
    Last edited by clara; 10-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast