Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103
  1. #31

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,162

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If everyone paid the same, they should spread the candy around equally.
    Disagree, kids should get the lion's share.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  2. #32

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    You can not be sure of that unless you are part of every single kids family. But that is neither here nor there.
    Nope, it's neither here nor there, but trick or treating is an accepted part of American culture for children. Not so for adults. Ergo, children in general have more ops to ToT outside of Disneyland. Anyway...

  3. #33

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Nope, it's neither here nor there, but trick or treating is an accepted part of American culture for children. Not so for adults. Ergo, children in general have more ops to ToT outside of Disneyland. Anyway...
    And that is how it should be. It's all about the kids so, in my opinion, I don't care if they get 100 times more candy than me and then get a 100 times more on the 31st. In my book, its about the kids. I'm just there to pretend I'm a kid again :P

  4. #34

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    It's a difference of opinion, and that is fine. The Halloween Party is not marketed specifically as a children's event--since it runs late, that's apparent--and adults make up the majority of guests. In that instance, IMHO it's appropriate to treat all guests equally. Not everyone has kids, and when an adult pays a lot for an event ticket they should be able to enjoy the event to its fullest.

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    176

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    It's a difference of opinion, and that is fine. The Halloween Party is not marketed specifically as a children's event--since it runs late, that's apparent--and adults make up the majority of guests. In that instance, IMHO it's appropriate to treat all guests equally. Not everyone has kids, and when an adult pays a lot for an event ticket they should be able to enjoy the event to its fullest.
    Um, in all the marketing, HP is all about the kids.

    And last time I checked, Halloween was a nighttime event. That's why it runs late. Adults are there as night as much as they are at other times of the year.

    ---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 09:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    And that is how it should be. It's all about the kids so, in my opinion, I don't care if they get 100 times more candy than me and then get a 100 times more on the 31st. In my book, its about the kids. I'm just there to pretend I'm a kid again :P
    This!

  6. #36

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Eveyone is arguing that kids should get a bigger share because the stock is low? Disney in previous years has not rationed candy, now they do. The issues is Disney not giving out as much candy, not how they distribute the candy out between adults and children.

    ---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Um, in all the marketing, HP is all about the kids.

    And last time I checked, Halloween was a nighttime event. That's why it runs late. Adults are there as night as much as they are at other times of the year.

    ---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 09:10 PM ----------



    This!
    Children can dress up at the parks year round, adults can only dress up during the parties. I think it's safe to say its not just for the kids.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  7. #37

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Eveyone is arguing that kids should get a bigger share because the stock is low? Disney in previous years has not rationed candy, now they do. The issues is Disney not giving out as much candy, not how they distribute the candy out between adults and children.

    ---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------


    Children can dress up at the parks year round, adults can only dress up during the parties. I think it's safe to say its not just for the kids.
    This. ^^^^ And in the marketing material, no, it's not just about the kids. In fact, I don't see anything that specifically points out this is "all about kids." Most parents don't opt to keep kids out until midnight on Halloween, and on both occasions I've been to MHP I've noticed that the crowd is very heavily skewered toward adults (without kids) and older teens.

    Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park

    On select nights, come to the Disneyland Park in costume to trick-or-treat in the ultimate "neighborhood" — after regular park hours! Pose for photo ops, ride Halloween-themed attractions, enjoy entertainment exclusively for Party Guests and more.
    About the Party at Disneyland Park
    This event — on select nights, after regular park hours — provides plenty of frightful fun for boys and ghouls of all ages!

    Ticket Includes

    • Admission to the Disneyland Park up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time.
    • Complimentary parking for one vehicle. Larger vehicles may require an additional fee.

    Entertainment

    • Special trick-or-treat stations with candy and healthy goodies.
    • Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular, exclusively for Party Guests.
    • Dance parties, and the chance to eat, drink and be (not so) scary throughout the park.

    Attractions

    • Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday attractions.

    Costumed Disney Characters

    • Photo ops with popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains.
    • Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade, a Halloween parade presented for Party Guests.

    Save on Tickets

    • Save when you buy tickets in advance!
    • On select nights, Annual Passholders save $18.
    • No ticket is required for Guests 2 and under.
    Last edited by Malina; 10-11-2012 at 08:25 PM.

  8. #38

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    I think Clara and others saying that my gripe is about them being stingy with the candy are misunderstanding my reason for posting. I don't really care about the amount of candy, I can go out and buy a bag any time I want from the store. It's about equality, and the fact that the workers were treating me and my family with obvious attitudes and scowls on their faces. I definitely did not pay to be treated like that for no reason on my part, as I was being nothing but friendly and kind.

  9. #39

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanowen View Post
    I've gone to the Disneyland's Mickey's Halloween Party 3 years now, but I have never been treated as I did this year. And I was not alone in this treatment,as my sister, parents(who I was not with at the park) and other park goers that I talked to had these problems.

    But yes, The problem is ageism.
    I paid extra for the ticket, just like families with children. I am 25, my sister 26 and whenever some of the workers would look up and see me, without kids, they would hold on to most of the handful of candy, only dropping in one or two.
    And then, after like some of the Treat Trail, my provided candy bag was about 3/4 full I started getting them looking at my bag and grabbing only one piece to give me. I hadn't even visited every single Treat Trail, so it wasn't even a case of abusing the service or something along those lines.
    My parents(who are in their 50s) had it even worse. And I overheard a man behind me in line complain to the worker that she grabbed a handful of candy, looked up at him, and then dropped it and gave him a bag of apples.


    The first year I went to this party, it was so fun and everyone, workers included were smiling and having an actual good time, but this year they just seemed angry and bored. Not a single worker acknowledged me after I said thank you, or hello. One made me stop after I said hello and say "trick or treat" before I got any candy, and they said it in an extremely rude tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanowen View Post
    I think Clara and others saying that my gripe is about them being stingy with the candy are misunderstanding my reason for posting. I don't really care about the amount of candy, I can go out and buy a bag any time I want from the store.
    Nope, not misunderstanding..you did gripe about not getting candy as seen above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanowen View Post
    It's about equality, and the fact that the workers were treating me and my family with obvious attitudes and scowls on their faces. I definitely did not pay to be treated like that for no reason on my part, as I was being nothing but friendly and kind.
    HOWEVER, I understand that if the CM's were acting rude, as you say, then, I can understand how that can be a bit disheartening and a wet blanket on a festive holiday event.

  10. #40

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reseda, CA
    Posts
    346

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    one guy gave my girlfriend way more candy than me. i was upset and it ruined my night

  11. #41

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    If Disney doesn't want adults to trick or treat, they should assign an age limit. Since they haven't, they should at least appear to give equal amounts of candy to everyone. It's just that simple.

  12. #42

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    On the night I went last year, the lines for the trick or treating were ridiculously long, yet most of the ride lines were relatively short. So, I ended up skipping the candy lines completely, never bothered to get any all night. So, that's how much I care about getting some free candy, yet I see the OP's point. If I DID decide to stand in line and then hold out my bag and the CM gave me a dirty look and put only one piece in, it would definitely be off-putting. I mean, as an adult you're probably feeling a bit silly and awkward at that point anyway. It would be nice if they could make you feel welcome for having some fun and acting a bit like a kid, instead of the opposite. But yeah, I get it, CM's have a rough job, and all guests are obnoxious and rude, and you can't expect them to smile, and bla bla bla.

  13. #43

    • Knight that says Nee!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanowen View Post
    I think Clara and others saying that my gripe is about them being stingy with the candy are misunderstanding my reason for posting. I don't really care about the amount of candy, I can go out and buy a bag any time I want from the store. It's about equality, and the fact that the workers were treating me and my family with obvious attitudes and scowls on their faces. I definitely did not pay to be treated like that for no reason on my part, as I was being nothing but friendly and kind.
    If it wasn't about you not getting as much candy as the children a third of your age were getting then why is that what 50% of your original post was about?

    As to the other issue, I do agree...CMs behaving that way to anyone, but especially towards the kids, is unacceptable and unprofessional. It illustrates the problem that Disney Co. has created themselves. Techskip wrote a perfect description of this situation on another thread. You can't pay for "dodge colt" level wages and training and then expect Cadillac level performance.

  14. #44

    • some assembly required
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Meh, they are people. I have worked customer service for the last 14 years and I know how it gets sometimes. You can only say thank you and smile for so long (especially when most of the guests don't seem to care that you are even there). Not saying I do this, but I understand why CM's start to feel like they are working an assembly line and stop putting forth effort to interact with guests.
    Unlike you, I cannot and I do not understand this mentality at all.
    From one human to another, at work or not, if someone thanks you, you aknowledge the person, esp a child (gotta lead by example - teaches the child manners in a very practical way). It should be a reaction that your parents taught you and by the time someone can work (age 16), it should be the most natural thing.

    No matter how bored or ticked off the CM is, they should aknowledge the guests, period. It takes almost no effort, so that excuse is truely where I just don't get it (the concept mentioned above).

    Society as a whole, is all about me me me. It is disgusting when the CS worker makes it about them. They are feeling dismissed/ignored/bothered in some way by guests, they decide to advertise it w/ body language and poor attitude to all guests. They have to make sure that everyone knows they are upset (for whatever reason). Well this isn't your facebook page. Get the H*** over yourself and play the part. When you get off work, you can complain to whoever wants to listen. It is so easy to not wear your emotions on your sleeve 24/7. When you do, you make life miserable for yourself (and everyone around you). Leaving it at the door is better for your health. These CMs should use work as an escape from their problems and deal w/ whatever bugs them on their time, not work time.

    ---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 04:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by davidyenoki View Post
    But then I am a weird kid, I ate my apple slices and the slices of the people I was with because I didn't want them to go to waste.
    LMBO!!!
    Perfect sentence for H'ween Time.
    ~Jay

    "Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)


  15. #45

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: A bit disappointed in the workers at this year Halloween Party.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Unlike you, I cannot and I do not understand this mentality at all.
    From one human to another, at work or not, if someone thanks you, you aknowledge the person, esp a child (gotta lead by example - teaches the child manners in a very practical way). It should be a reaction that your parents taught you and by the time someone can work (age 16), it should be the most natural thing.

    No matter how bored or ticked off the CM is, they should aknowledge the guests, period. It takes almost no effort, so that excuse is truely where I just don't get it (the concept mentioned above).

    Society as a whole, is all about me me me. It is disgusting when the CS worker makes it about them. They are feeling dismissed/ignored/bothered in some way by guests, they decide to advertise it w/ body language and poor attitude to all guests. They have to make sure that everyone knows they are upset (for whatever reason). Well this isn't your facebook page. Get the H*** over yourself and play the part. When you get off work, you can complain to whoever wants to listen. It is so easy to not wear your emotions on your sleeve 24/7. When you do, you make life miserable for yourself (and everyone around you). Leaving it at the door is better for your health. These CMs should use work as an escape from their problems and deal w/ whatever bugs them on their time, not work time.
    Bingo!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Halloween party sold out. What's the attendance cap this year?
    By KB24 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
  2. [Question] How long will the lines at Disneyland Resort be during the D23 Expo this year?
    By Bronco21 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM
  4. The Lion King opens the Tony Awards This Year
    By TsWade2 in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
  5. Will you be watching the Academy Awards this year?
    By Nancywitt in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 09:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •