What is this from the Disneyland Hotel?

Here is a photo which I believe to be of the first tower building's construction. Can any of you have a look at this picture and either back this up or disprove it? Not much to go on but others may see evidence I am overlooking. Have fun. BTW-I have several "mystery" photographs I will also be seeking help on identifying.

• Senior Minion

Re: What is this from the Disneyland Hotel?

From its almost squarish footprint, I'd bet it's the north half of the Sierra Tower. The Marina Tower is a much longer rectangle.

My guess is that it's looking southeast from the northwest corner of the tower, with the southwest corner of the Disneyland parking lot visible on the upper left of the photo.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-11-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    From its almost squarish footprint, I'd bet it's the north half of the Sierra Tower. The Marina Tower is a much longer rectangle.

My guess is that it's looking southeast from the northwest corner of the tower, with the southwest corner of the Disneyland parking lot visible on the upper left of the photo.
    So the power lines are running on West Street? I tend to agree with you.

---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 12:26 PM ----------

I believe it is looking southwest though....from the glass elevator front...from the northeast side of the building. Reason why is, if it were from northwest corner, we would see existing Garden Structures from the first buildings at the Hotel.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post

I believe it is looking southwest though....from the glass elevator front...from the northeast side of the building. Reason why is, if it were from northwest corner, we would see existing Garden Structures from the first buildings at the Hotel.
    The shadows indicate the photo was taken in the late morning from the southwest corner.

Though for being one of the towers the powerlines look very close.

• Lurker

Judging strictly by the sun and shadows in that photo, I would say it's looking either northeast or northwest (my guess is northwest). You don't generally get sun shining directly on north-facing walls, at least not in the middle of the day, which is when this looks to have been taken.

OK, here is one more.... probably taken several months before the first photograph and it gives you an aerial perspective. Look at the power lines. I can see them on West Street to the right and on Walnut Street to the left. Probably on Cerritos as well which is running horizontally. The Tower Building would be where the open patch of dirt is next to the golf course. If this photo was taken from the southwest, you would definitely see the other buildings of the Hotel. If it were taken from the northwest side of the building, same thing, you would definitely see other parts of the Hotel.

• HYDRA

Great pics
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Under that tree again!

It does look to me that the golf course is in the back left of the photo, because of the trees that are spread around.

In the photo's top left, about half way up from the excavation and top pf the picture looks to be a structure sticking out. Was there something at the golf course like an awning that it could be?

is it possible that the picture is for one of the other buildings farther east closer to the monorail station?

it looks like there are two buildings south of the station and one to the north that may be the right shape. is there any information available to know if any of those had basements?