Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old backstage photos!

Found this gallery online (link is safe). About 80 'older' photos of backstage for those of you who like to see behind the curtain.

Http://imgur.com/a/TJQYm

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Old backstage photos!

Cool pics, but I am shocked the company hasn't C&D'd this guy.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    They just might do that now that there is a high-profile site (MC) linked to it. I wonder to what extent they can go and how much they can get removed after the C&D order is issued. I wonder also, what I would do in reaction to it if it were me.

Very cool thread... 5 stars! I have never seen what the eyes of the ASM look like in the dark portion of Matty. Great pics!

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 03:44 AM ----------

oh wow! I was only about a dozen pics in when I posted last time. This is a GOLD MINE! So many views that I wondered about but never saw (the JC tracks??? so cool!!!)
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    just use the download link so you never have to worry about it

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 09:07 AM ----------

I didn't know Vanilla Ice used to be a CM!!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Closed Account

What can Disney do? These aren't their photos--they belong to the guy that took them--and he has the right to do with them as he pleases, including posting them to the internet.

• Super

[QUOTE=JMazz;1056851141]They just might do that now that there is a high-profile site (MC) linked to it. I wonder to what extent they can go and how much they can get removed after the C&D order is issued. I wonder also, what I would do in reaction to it if it were me.

This was posted on Reddit earlier, and there aren't many higher profile community sites these days - if that didn't push them for a C&D then I don't think they will be bothering.

Great photos.

• Team Hail HYDRA

fantasmic pics

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've seen most of those before, but they are really cool. Especially the Ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. Very neat.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by mister_peterman View Post
    This was posted on Reddit earlier.
    Didn't know this.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    What can Disney do? These aren't their photos--they belong to the guy that took them--and he has the right to do with them as he pleases, including posting them to the internet.
    As stated, they can send a C&D order.

Will they go beyond that? Probably not based on comments in this thread and elsewhere. But everyday companies will send C&D orders with no intention of follow up but every intention to try to scare the recipient to comply. It wouldn't surprize me if Disney did this.

I am sure that by the time most of these pix were taken (mid-90s thru early 2000s), the CM that took these photos had to sign a standard binding agreement, a NDA (non-disclosure agreement). So it doesn't matter if he speaks about something he wasn't supposed to or conveys the info in a photo, he is breaking the NDA. The pix are not his if he signed this agreement prior to employment, they are evidence. That is, if Disney wants them to be.

Now, probably no one here knows the extent of the NDA - does it cover backstage? Does it cover photos? I cannot say for sure, but I assume so. The fact that at least a half dozen CM faces appear in the pix makes these much easier to trace... but that falls into a slightly different issue.

If this was Joe Blow The Guest, then yes, the pix belong to Joe Blow The Guest.

Anyway, I have since seen many Backstage pix online this a.m. ...very interesting stuff out there. It tells me that Disney ultimately doesn't care about the issue.
    Last edited by JMazz; 10-12-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Didn't know this.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

As stated, they can send a C&D order.

Will they go beyond that? Probably not based on comments in this thread and elsewhere. But everyday companies will send C&D orders with no intention of follow up but every intention to try to scare the recipient to comply. It wouldn't surprize me if Disney did this.

I am sure that by the time most of these pix were taken (mid-90s thru early 2000s), the CM that took these photos had to sign a standard binding agreement, a NDA (non-disclosure agreement). So it doesn't matter if he speaks about something he wasn't supposed to or conveys the info in a photo, he is breaking the NDA. The pix are not his if he signed this agreement prior to employment, they are evidence. That is, if Disney wants them to be.

Now, probably no one here knows the extent of the NDA - does it cover backstage? Does it cover photos? I cannot say for sure, but I assume so. The fact that at least a half dozen CM faces appear in the pix makes these much easier to trace... but that falls into a slightly different issue.

If this was Joe Blow The Guest, then yes, the pix belong to Joe Blow The Guest.

Anyway, I have since seen many Backstage pix online this a.m. ...very interesting stuff out there. It tells me that Disney ultimately doesn't care about the issue.
    I dont think they have the time to try to locate what people are in these photos, besides the fact the look more than 10 years old most of them most likely don't even work for Disney anymore. Even if Disney sends a C&D it would be sent to imgur.com not the owner of the pics, so nothing would happen to him. I think this thread was started to discuss the cool nostalgic and backstage pics, not to talk about how Disney going to come get them and take legal action. Just saying.

In regards to the pics, its very interesting and awesome to see these pics. It does take away some of the Magic, but is very interesting to say the least.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Ha! The photo labeled "no clothes on" looks like C3PO with a pirate head. The Pirates photos are funny.

I love seeing photos of Walt's apartment. I have never seen the kitchen in the apartment though! Awesome! Were those all the same kitchen ware from the 50/60's?

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    I dont think they have the time to try to locate what people are in these photos, besides the fact the look more than 10 years old most of them most likely don't even work for Disney anymore. Even if Disney sends a C&D it would be sent to imgur.com not the owner of the pics, so nothing would happen to him. I think this thread was started to discuss the cool nostalgic and backstage pics, not to talk about how Disney going to come get them and take legal action. Just saying.

In regards to the pics, its very interesting and awesome to see these pics. It does take away some of the Magic, but is very interesting to say the least.

Very true. Just for the record, I never said, nor think that Disney would "come get them". I don't think (after reading several threads in several places online) that Disney even cares anymore - if they ever did.

I'll say it again: That page is a GOLD MINE.
    ~Jay

(Disneyland, circa 1957)

• a damsel not in distress

these are great pictures! i love seeing the animatronics down to their bare "bones"

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

You know there are 1 or 2 "lawyers" on this site that will probably put up a fuss about this! LOL

Enjoyed the pics!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Whoever said Vanilla Ice, I agree! haha These pictures are awesome but some are a tad creepy.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast