Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Animatronic

Re: Bad News for Bengal BBQ

I *need* sushi or lean meat to not feel sick. Churros and popcorn just don't do it for me. Bengal is the one place I always eat at when i'm in the park. Does anyone has a list of healthy food in a reasonable portion size on the resort? Does Disney even read the recommendations from the FDA for 5 or more small lean meals a day or do they like all their patrons fat?

• e komo mai

What's sad is losing that themed grill of theirs that's shaped like a tree trunk. That was such a cool idea. They shouldn't take down Bengal BBQ. It was the best place to grab some protein when you're feeling run down.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Al kinda confirmed this today. He didn't mention the BBQ itself but the timeline here goes hand in hand with what Al mentioned of next fall's closing of RBT.
    It doesn't make sense to close the only eatery in Adventureland...oh wait. That's what WDW does 90% of the time. Oh well.

"That's what they call progress dear".

Maybe they will decide to move this kind of food (or just food) to Aladdin's Oasis.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Maybe Mouseplanet got it wrong (hey, it's happened before)

Wasn't it talked about that B-BBQ would be rebuilt, but pushed
    to the north a little more in order to provide more room in Adventureland,
    and, that the B-BBQ would share the same kitchen as the Riverbell?
    This seems the most logical. Considering that the physical structure of the Bengal Terrace Cafe, is not connected directly to the River Belle Terrace, except for a small bridge, it is entirely possible for them to remodel the RBT independtly of the BTC moving the physical structure of the RBT forward, closer to the edge of the planeter, becoming a 2 story sit down southern plantation style eatery. With the structure moved forward it would be possible for the excess space to be used to move the BTC back and perhaps expanded. It has a steady flow of customers, I would guess it will stick around.

• Again! Again! Again!

Bummer. Too bad they won't just relocate. As for the bottle-neck, I don't think that has too much to do with it. Although the tables to stick out a bit. But what about getting rid of the huge planters in the middle of the walkway. Those really get in the way and block traffic when the JC line gets long!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

How small do they intend on making Adventureland? This is freaking stupid. I think it's a good idea to expand the Terrace but at the expense of Adventureland space is just plain stupid.

I hope the information is wrong- B BBQ is one of my favorite places to eat in the park!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Thumbs up for the bacon-asparagus and the chicken on a stick.

Sad to see it go.

I'll make sure and hit the place hard on our next few trips. Maybe the bump in business might get them to reconsider???

• My Children's Father

I shall endeavor to patronize the B-BBQ even more frequently. If we all do the same, perhaps the suits will sit up and take notice and, at a minimum, replace the B-BBQ menu elsewhere. Aladdin's Oasis makes sense ..... Rajah tails, anyone?

RIP, B-BBQ
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Fudge.

However, I've been making the safari skewers at home for some time now. They're very easy, and fairly cheap. Here's how:

Ingredients:
    • 1 pound asparagus, cut into thirds (thicker stalk works best!)
    • 1 pound bacon, cut strips into thirds (do not use "thick cut" bacon)
    • skewers
    • lemon juice
    Preparation:

Wrap cut bacon around asparagus piece, and slide onto skewer horizontally, piercing through the end of the bacon to stop it from unwrapping. Repeat until skewer is full, sliding each piece all the way down so it touches the previous one.

Cook:

Pre-heat BBQ, and after flames have dissipated, grill skewers for about 10 minutes on each side, or until bacon is fully cooked. While grilling, drizzle liberally with lemon juice on each side.

Yields about six to eight 12-piece skewers. (Approximate cost: $8)

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Tiger Tails

I agree that its one of the best places in the park for an afternoon snack- a welcome break from junk food, but still quick and convenient. A lot of people have complained about the price, but I always think its worth it. I always feel recharged after snacking on one, or sharing one with my husband.

I really think this is something that can be saved. Where would we send letters asking them to relocate it? There has got to be another place that this can go. Heck, even move the fruit stand and put it behind the Tiki room.

If they take it out, there is no food in Adventureland! That is a really sad thought to me.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

One thing that most folks forget is that you should steam the asparagus before skewering, this will ensure that you don't get overcooked or hard pieces after you grill it.

That's one of the main things that folks forget, can't tell you how many times people came up to us at the BBQ and ask why their skewers as tender as ours. Same thing with the chicken, steam the chicken as well.

Don't steam the beef.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• no flash photography...

ok...I'm finally going to try this palce this weekend. Unless everythign comes wrapped in bacon...then no...LOL

NOoooooo! I really hope that this rumor is false. We eat there almost once a day during our trips. My first thought was also that there would be no food options left in adventureland after closing Bengal BBQ. I can't believe there has been so many changes in the last year or so. Well I will be eating there for sure now when we come in June. :*(

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

I really hope this is untrue. I've just started frequenting Bengal and all of their skewers make for a good meal or snack. I can't believe I'd never gone there before in 23 years. I love the banyan skwer (spicy), while the safari (veggie) skewer and tiger tails really hit the spot when you are looking for something tasty/clean/healthy around the park. Plus the wait is never very long and I get the perfect amount of food!
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast