Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Waiting for the stork

Re: Bad News for Bengal BBQ

Oh I'm so sad.

It's my husbands favorite place, he's gonna be so bummed...

I finally tried the Bacon/ asperagus skewer last summer Oh it's soooo good, one of my favorite things.

Hubby eats everything there, kids love the tiger tails (I do too)

I really hope this one is NOT true...
    procrastibating

• ...TWO BITS!

Like everyone else, I hope this rumor is false. I'll ask a friend of mine who works in Foods. I haven't tried the food from this place. I will the next time I go. I always pass by it, but never got anything. I usually don't eat food in the parks because everything is expensive.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    well when Disney makes a desicion they usually keep it.

Yes, until they change their mind. LOL

Honestly though, I am all for progress and change, but this is still a bummer drag. Remember when they gave you Two skewers per order? Good times.

I don't exactly know how closing this down and expanding RBT will ease traffic in this area. If anything it would seem to clog it just as bad or worse. To unclog the area they should actually start using the entire Indy queue to begin with. That is kind of why it was built I think.

Still, I will miss the chance to pick up some lean tasty food every once and a while. (sigh)
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Still wants to be a cat!

Rumor has it, if this helps.....Monte Cristo will be served at the new renovation of the River Belle Terrace.

Hate to see Bengal BBQ go, one place you can go for some good veggies!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb
    Yes, until they change their mind. LOL

Honestly though, I am all for progress and change, but this is still a bummer drag. Remember when they gave you Two skewers per order? Good times.

I don't exactly know how closing this down and expanding RBT will ease traffic in this area. If anything it would seem to clog it just as bad or worse. To unclog the area they should actually start using the entire Indy queue to begin with. That is kind of why it was built I think.
    Yesssss, I got mad when they lowered it to one, especially my mother lol.

You know what, you've hit the nail right on the head. Why don't they use that queue outside? Instead the line stops in the middle of the Adventureland walkway (which isn't all that big). Are the CMs just lazy with the queue?

• Hooterville, USA

Hate to see the little places that give DL its charm, disappear.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Well, as always......start emailing and writing DL if you really want to save Bengal BBQ.

So maybe they could reopen the food service at Aladdin's Oasis. Move the Bengal BBQ menu, add in the old Big Thunder BBQ menu and have one great restaurant.

Adventureland really can't afford to go without a single eatery. The Tiki Juice Bar does not count for food. DL closes too many food dacilities. How are they supposed to feed the ever increasing masses?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Yesssss, I got mad when they lowered it to one, especially my mother lol.

You know what, you've hit the nail right on the head. Why don't they use that queue outside? Instead the line stops in the middle of the Adventureland walkway (which isn't all that big). Are the CMs just lazy with the queue?
    Hrmn... I used to work there in 94 until 99, I don't recall ever giving out two skewers. I don't remember doing that the first year either, seeing that I was one of the first groups of Cast Members trained there outside of the Sunkist crew.

Hrrrrmn.

Anyways, the only time we'd give out two is if the skewer we were going to give you was too small. We had a bad run of chicken and beef one time for a WHILE where the pieces they kept sending us was so tiny, so we'd give out to two skewers to practically everyone even though we weren't supposed to.

That's around when the sauces changed too (New Orleans Main Kitchen no longer made it now an outside company, I miss the old NOMK sweet and sour Taihitian sauce, so much better then what they have now). Stupid Michael Doyle... our manager at the time was an idiot and wanted us to go with outside companies... that's also when we had our miserable failed test to move from white meat chicken to dark meat, he was the champion of that stupid idea.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Hrmn... I used to work there in 94 until 99, I don't recall ever giving out two skewers. I don't remember doing that the first year either, seeing that I was one of the first groups of Cast Members trained there outside of the Sunkist crew.

Hrrrrmn.

Anyways, the only time we'd give out two is if the skewer we were going to give you was too small. We had a bad run of chicken and beef one time for a WHILE where the pieces they kept sending us was so tiny, so we'd give out to two skewers to practically everyone even though we weren't supposed to.

That's around when the sauces changed too (New Orleans Main Kitchen no longer made it now an outside company, I miss the old NOMK sweet and sour Taihitian sauce, so much better then what they have now). Stupid Michael Doyle... our manager at the time was an idiot and wanted us to go with outside companies... that's also when we had our miserable failed test to move from white meat chicken to dark meat, he was the champion of that stupid idea.

Haha, I think I know why we got two, then...

My mom would always strike up a conversation with the CM working the register. I guess she'd always make friends with them or something *shrugs*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Something tells me it wasn't pulling in enough $$$ compared to other eateries in the park. That and the fact that everyone and their grandmother is going to be working for food service if they can't get enough new people hired to cover it. They've already shut down several carts through the park. Isn't this part of the same thing? Cut down on the number of restaurants, and you cut down on the number of CM's needed?

In either case, it is indeed a bummer.

what a bummer if this is true

• Minion

So far nobody has confirmed this.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I will have to go before it close this is best place to get eat that hot and good.
    there is short lines.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• The one, the only...

I think that the solution is simple. So many people have suggested it. Just open a food service over near Aladdin is now. (I had the meet and greet there. It is a waste of space!)

I think expanding on the Hawaiian theme for food would be delicious! Sweet and sour BBQ with maybe a place more quite to eat it.

I know that change is hard, but I am in favor of more sit down locations.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• now on the mainland

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would River Belle Terrace expand right into the heart of Adventureland? As it is, it RBT already borders Adventureland. Secondly, everytime I've gone there, there has been a line. It's in a prime location right in front of Indy. From what Al writes in his articles it seems that Managment has been trying to regain what's been lost. This seems like a Harris/Pressler idea, not an Ouimett/Emmer idea. There's no logic to this. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I truly hope this does not come to pass.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast