Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Feel the breeze!

Re: Bad News for Bengal BBQ

I wonder how much they would need this expansion if they made and enforced a rule that the Riverbelle tables are to be used for guests to eat at and not for guests to camp out for Fantasmic?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    I wonder how much they would need this expansion if they made and enforced a rule that the Riverbelle tables are to be used for guests to eat at and not for guests to camp out for Fantasmic?
    Hah! people camping out there for the show, translates into buying their dinner, or at the least, drinks or snacks. thats what they are counting on, its all good. How many people just sit there, and don't buy anything? Very few. I hope the expansion will help the clogged up area a little bit during that time, and facilitate more people being able to see the show better.
    It is a DL Land mark, a lovely area, and I am not opposed, except I hope they save the bengel BBQ food somehow!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

As a current History student, and a Disneyland fan, and a former CM I can't help but mention that not only would we be losing a great place to eat (The smells used to drive us Crazy at Jungle Cruise and Greeter at Indiana Jones) but we'd also be losing another small peice of Disneyland History. Before the retheming for Indiana Jones in the 90's the Bengal Barbeque was known as the Sunkist Citrus Hut, then again the Indiana Jones Dept was known as the Adventureland Shooting Gallery...so maybe change is a good thing. I like the idea of moving it into the space currently occupied in Adventureland by the guy with the flying carpet.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Yes you did circle the wrong area in yellow.
    Thank you for the corrections. If it is that close, then yes. I would thing the BBQ would be going down. I hope that what replaces it will have both quality service and quality food. I have not yet had the chance to eat at the River Bell.

Here is a question. With the BB going down with POTC, and B-BBQ going down with River Bell, what will we do for food during the construction? I hope they dont plan on doing this all at the same time!!!! The lines for food in DL are already rather long. Eeeek! Q lines for a Churro anyone? FastPass for a burger?

They !#$%$^&* up New Orleans Fritters and Julieps, they got rid of Fantasia Ice Cream, Apple Burritos, Tahitian Terrace, Casa De Fritos, Carnation Main St, Hills Bros, and Big Thunder Barbecue, what makes
    you think they will save Bengal BBQ?

Walt has left the building.

• triton

Angry Re: Bad News for Bengal BBQ

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! I love the tiger tails, And banyan beef. Good grub at a good price.

• no flash photography...

I tired the chicked kabob....it was ok, but I wouldn't get it again...

• old school hesh ;)

Last time I was there the cashier mentioned something to the effect of hearing that it would be going away. After I mentioned how much I loved the food there...WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.

Welp, methinks to eat there every time I come to the park from now on as well as complaining via email and written letter...maybe even go to City Hall and tell them there too. That if they are going to remove the location, they MUST continue serving the food *somewhere* in the park. It is not just healthy food, it is delicious healthy food and maybe the only option for people who want (yes I am going to say it) low-carb food.

{And when I eat some delicious asparagus and bacon, chicken, and veggie skewers there I do not feel nearly as guilty for scarfing an entire rice krispy treat from the candy store in Critter Country :drool:}

I say to everybody who cares about it, write! email! go to City Hall! It may end up being futile but we'll never know unless we try.

(putting down pompoms)

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Thank you for the corrections. If it is that close, then yes. I would thing the BBQ would be going down. I hope that what replaces it will have both quality service and quality food. I have not yet had the chance to eat at the River Bell.

Here is a question. With the BB going down with POTC, and B-BBQ going down with River Bell, what will we do for food during the construction? I hope they dont plan on doing this all at the same time!!!! The lines for food in DL are already rather long. Eeeek! Q lines for a Churro anyone? FastPass for a burger?
    all the news reports have been saying that Pirates will be getting construction in Spring while the expansion of River Bell is to take place in the fall of this year

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456