Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: We Get Another Year of Aladdin

Quote Originally Posted by D3COY View Post
    It started running at the beginning of 2003 I believe.

They've had over 10,000 shows now....yeahaahhhh time to get something new in there. Yes its a great show, but please something new!!!!
    Thanks!!
    Maybe they just wanted to get a decade in and then they'll axe it like k_peek_2000 said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine711 View Post
    Thanks!!
    Maybe they just wanted to get a decade in and then they'll axe it like k_peek_2000 said above.
    Yeah maybe, and that would be fine, considering 2013 is around the corner. But any longer than that...no!
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Anyone else remember the uproar when they talked of replacing it with a Toy Story show?
    Matthew

• Just drawn that way

It's not a bad show, but it has run its time. It's really sad they are not utilize the wonderful space they have. It was built for shows on a much bigger scale than a simple show such as Aladdin. I wouldn't even mind a small show on the weekend similar to 'Step's in Time' or something while they work on a new show. It is a pain trying to get everything to come together right during the production of a show but I'd like to think they could do something wonderful there. I like at least one good show at one of these parks in the day time.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Selfie Expert

I saw Aladdin for the first time last week, because I just figured it wouldn't be something I would enjoy. I loved it! Also, there was a very large crowd, the theater was nearly full. If it's still drawing that much of a crowd, it must not be getting old to most of the visitors... I hold an AP, and certain attractions don't appeal to me, but we have to remember that a lot of people are there very infrequently.

That being said, I saw the Muppets attraction for the first time last month, and there were maybe thirty people in that entire theater.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    A rollercoaster and a stage show is hardly an apples to apples comparison. Comparing it to Captain Eo or Honey I Shrunk the Audience would be more accurate.
    Comparing a wildly popular stage show with outdated 3D films that banked on a gimmick that was new in its time isn't apples to apples either. The argument for removing something just because it's old doesn't make sense in any context.

• Minion

For AP's I'm sure its tiring, but for the guests that come to the parks maybe once every year or every three years, I'm sure it still has its wow factor.
    Jeff Wayne

wasn't it the original concept for the theater to have a new show every 2-3 years?

is there space available to store stage sets so they could have maybe two or three shows and rotate them every few years?

• Goofy

its gotten stale for me now.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

It's been a while since I've seen that show but I still remember the first time I saw it. I laughed so hard.

This reminds me I should go catch it again. However, if they did replace it with something new I wouldn't complain. It may have run its course but is great nonetheless.

• Insomniac

I never cared for the show so any replacement won't bother me, but I rarely go to shows (I've only seen Aladdin once).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I think they should bring Finding Nemo the musical to DCA. I saw it at Disney's Animal Kingdom and it was great. It ties into the whole Pixar theme that DCA has going. It's already an existing show.... So not much work has to go into it.
    Mandy

Do you actually know if it's still going to be running? I'm headed to Disneyland next month and the show isn't on the schedule all month. I'm pretty bummed because we intended on seeing it the past 3 years and just forgot or went to the park when it wasn't playing. I'm going to be even more bummed if they're taking it away for the holidays this year.

Has anyone stopped to consider that perhaps the reason for the extended play of the show would be to coincide with the potential of the phase 2 expansion of the entire Hollywoodland area?

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by John Keola Lessary View Post
    Do you actually know if it's still going to be running? I'm headed to Disneyland next month and the show isn't on the schedule all month. I'm pretty bummed because we intended on seeing it the past 3 years and just forgot or went to the park when it wasn't playing. I'm going to be even more bummed if they're taking it away for the holidays this year.
    Hmmm... maybe they just updated the schedule? I just checked and there are at least 4 shows per day on weekdays and weekends.

I disagree that they should get rid of this show. You can't compare this to a 3D show as this is all live actors with some improv. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it should go away. The theater is quite full every time I've seen it regardless of the day or season. Not all guests at DLR are AP's and may visit the park once a decade. I don't care for World of Color, but in no way do I think it should go away. It's not like it's a Stitch's Great Escape or Rocket Rods where it's boring or breaking all the time. It's not a broken show. That's like saying that Fantasmic! is broken because Floatsam and Jetsam are gone. Sure, the carpet ride is iconic and is huge for this show, but the show is still great. Yes, it's awkward when the cloud effects overwhelm the stage, but it's not like the show is ruined without the flying carpet. Total over-reaction.

And on another note, I love Pixar films more than I love Disney films, but I don't think that adding Nemo would be a good thing for DLR. There already is a scarcity of the Disney Renaissance films represented in DLR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast