Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Should Copy This Cosplayer's Jack Skellington Costume

I don't know of ANYONE who thinks that the current Jack Skellington face character looks like it should. I mean, what's with that weird, droopy jaw? And why is the head shaped like an upside down pear instead of a globe? Forget 'Where did we come from?' and 'Where are we going?' -- THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT.

Name:  23-jackskellington-01.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  191.5 KB

Well, after looking at Rotten Tomatoes' gallery of cos-play from this year's NY Comic Con, I think I'll be sleeping a li'l easier. An unnamed cosplayer seems to have come up with a simple yet elegant version of a Jack Skellington costume that Disney should steal...er, borrow a.s.a.p.

Name:  10247949_gal.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  55.9 KB

What do you think? Doesn't this look a lot more like the movie version of Jack than the current parks' version?
    Bored? Check out my animation news & reviews website: http://skunkandburningtires.com

• Selfie Expert

Re: Disney Should Copy This Cosplayer's Jack Skellington Costume

I LOVE IT! The only downside is he wouldn't be able to talk with that mask... but I personally would rather have him look more like Jack than speak like him! I just meet characters to get a photo with them, though, not to talk.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

That taller jack would scare children so yeah Disney would probably not go with that. But overall it looks fantastic!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• a damsel not in distress

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-osh View Post
    I mean, what's with that weird, droopy jaw? And why is the head shaped like an upside down pear instead of a globe? Forget 'Where did we come from?' and 'Where are we going?' -- THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THAT KEEP ME AWAKE AT NIGHT.
    didn't you hear? after the fame of nightmare before christmas, jack gave in to the pressure of the biz and got some work done.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Nic

The Disney version is much better in terms of aesthetics, they glam his look up a bit, while still keeping true to his form.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    didn't you hear? after the fame of nightmare before christmas, jack gave in to the pressure of the biz and got some work done.
    Sarcasm aside, the real reason would be for human interaction, they wanted him to be a face character and he is amazing if you ever have taking a picture with him!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Mrs. J. Depp

No the OP has such a valid point. The Disney Jack doesn't even "look" like Jack if you compare it to the more accurate costume or even a picture. The eyes look really weird and yeah I get that the jaw is that way to provide speaking ability, but it just looks off and I have the hardest time thinking that this was the best they could do. I think the head could stand to be more globe-like instead of that odd pear shape.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Is there even a way to make the head rounder while still having his jaw hang out so he can talk? That's probably one of the weirder parts to me, seeing where his face meets the mask. the mask is contoured to fit the jawline.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Even with the Disney version he is recognizable. My daughter saw him yesterday and he was walking along with his skeleton gate and told her "Why, Hello" and she was said "Hello Jack." She was thrilled because she turned to me and said "Jack Skellington said hello mommy". So it might not match, but apparently that might not be a big deal.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I prefer a speaking Jack over one who's head is a perfect globe. I really enjoyed the conversation I had with him the other day

• My Children's Father

To those that prefer the talking "face character" Jack over a more "true to the source material" rubberhead, which current rubberhead would you be willing to trade in for a talking "face" version? Mickey? Goofy? Woody?

Just wondering .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Never gave it a second thought. It works with the fans

• Just drawn that way

I think he looks odd and Sally looks a bit off. I think its neat having them around anyways. maybe a little redesign of the head making it slightly fuller. They should try throwing Lock, Shock and Barrel if they look decent.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Banned User

Scare children??? The Disney one is far scarier, if for no other reason than it's so misshapen and weird looking. At least the second one looks like something they'll recognize. I always say ignore the "scare" factor. They'll get over it.

• "I don't like the color"

The Disney version looks like an alien that got invited to a masquerade ball....
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast