Pregnancy and Disney

I am 6 months pregnant and taking my 2 year old to DLR this week, I know the obvious rides I can't go on, but is there any that are not mentioned on their site I should keep in mind?

• a damsel not in distress

Re: Pregnancy and Disney

i've never been pregnant, but i did find these two articles:

The Pregnant Woman's Guide to Attractions at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Touring Disneyland While Pregnant (Salute to All Things Disney but Mostly Disneyland)

the first is just your standard yahoo-guide and the second is from a disney-loving guest's point of view when she was pregnant.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• formerly very helpful

Just to be careful, I'd stick away from everything with a safety warning. However, be sure to double check with your doctor, just to be extra safe. Since you're traveling with a two-year-old, as well, I'd think anything she can go on, you can go on.

I'm with SBK. Since pregnancy is individual to each woman, and nobody here knows you or your specific condition/limitations etc, your doctor is the person to discuss this with. Good Luck.

It was pretty easy! LOVE Disney...I hadn't been in a few years, but it is SO friendly for kids and now I know pregos
    I do have to say I wish there were more bathrooms LOL but other than that...there is SO much we did
    THANKS GUYS~!

• DL College Program 97/98

I saw an article where they recommended staying away from Pirates because of the drops and Toad because of the rough section where you're traveling over planks on the "dock", but those seemed a little extreme to me as far as recommendations go. Full disclosure: I'm a guy and have no idea what being pregnant is like.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    Full disclosure: I'm a guy and have no idea what being pregnant is like.
    Gas, bloating, heartburn, sleepiness, puffy feet, constanly have to pee.....
    But that is nothing compared to the pain of feeling like your insides are being ripped out as the child enters the world...ah love epidurals ( i may exaggerate...I am not one to tolerate pain well, sorry)

But I'm glad you had a good time AzSuziGirl. I went to DCA back in 2003 5 months pregnant and rode the wonderful ride called, The Bench while my family rode everything else. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!

• Mmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Gas, bloating, heartburn, sleepiness, puffy feet, constanly have to pee.....
    Nausea, vomiting, bleeding gums, metal mouth, severe back pain, being kneed in the ribs from the INSIDE, leg cramps, and so much more fun!

I just went to Disneyland last week 12 weeks pregnant. I was careful not to ride anything crazy, and had to sit and wait for my group to ride Space Mountain, which was the worst. I love Space Mountain. At least Indy was closed. Apparently Autopia is not even recommended for pregnant women. I did ride on Pirates--I didn't even think about it until I was going down the waterfall and it occured to me that maybe this wasn't the best idea.

Ultimately the goal is to get this baby out with time to spare for Gumball Rally. I'm due in April. It's going to be close.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    Nausea, vomiting, bleeding gums, metal mouth, severe back pain, being kneed in the ribs from the INSIDE, leg cramps, and so much more fun!
    Ah the fun is different for everyone. My nausea was minimal and I didn't have anything else you listed here except maybe an occasional rib kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cheesy View Post
    I just went to Disneyland last week 12 weeks pregnant. I was careful not to ride anything crazy, and had to sit and wait for my group to ride Space Mountain, which was the worst. I love Space Mountain. At least Indy was closed. Apparently Autopia is not even recommended for pregnant women. I did ride on Pirates--I didn't even think about it until I was going down the waterfall and it occured to me that maybe this wasn't the best idea.

Ultimately the goal is to get this baby out with time to spare for Gumball Rally. I'm due in April. It's going to be close.
    Ha, I would have forgotten to at 12 weeks.
    Last edited by clara; 10-19-2012 at 07:41 PM.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Being six months prego I would familiarize yourself with the various churro carts, dole whip and corn dog stands around the parks, you will need em!

As for rides, anything that your 2 years will do, you will have no issue with.

Last January I went while 4 months pregnant (my profile picture is from that trip). You can go on all the rides, unless they say not to. I went on Pirates and Toad. Basically all rides are okay, except any "Mountain" ride, Indy and autotopia.