Mickey's Halloween Party Tips?

From those who have gone this year, how would you suggest going about the evening if you want to meet most of the villains, Jack Sparrow, Peter Pan and Wendy, Jack Skellington, seeing the fireworks, and riding Ghost Galaxy? For Ghost Galaxy I was just thinking about getting in line a few minutes before the park closes (at like 11:50 or so) so I could still go on it without missing some of the party waiting in line, but what about characters? I'm going this Friday (Oct. 19th) and it's my first time! I'm going to get there at 4 and skip the trick or treat lines. Thanks in advance!

• Dreaming of next trip

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party Tips?

1. eat before the party starts.
    2. since you want Peter Pan and Wendy, and Jack Sparrow, get in the Pirate Friends line a couple of times. Both of them show up there.
    3. as far as Jack skellington I have no idea other than try to get in line for one of the parade times.
    4. Seeing the fire works you will need to start picking your spot at least 30 minets before the fireworks, we watched the early parade and then stayed on main street untill the fireworks.
    5. catch the party characters during the party and have fun.
    Some of the lines will be long others not so long. If you skip the trick or treat lines that will help.
    There is so much to do and so many places to go that you can not take them all in.
    Have fun and go with the flow.
    Also look around at the other guests costumes some of them are very good, some are funny. There will be alot of people so expect that but have fun.
    we were there for 3 days and the party was one of the high points of our trip.

• Under that tree again!

3. For this one, visit before the party starts, early in the day or another day if your visit is for more than the party.

Do likewise for riding Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Bring bigger bags for the candy/snacks. They give you small bags that are way too small. We took the larger heavy duty re-usable bags that you can buy all over Disneyland or any store. We used the small bag as we walked through the candy trails then just poured them into the bigger bags. (We ended up with about 10lbs of snacks/candy each). We saw people leaving with lots of the small bags, it is just much easier with the big bags.

It's also more fun to dress up for the party and bring a good working camera with you. Take a lot of pictures.

You can choose a nice Halloween costume here: Cheap Halloween Costumes for Kids

Thanks for the responses!
    Does anyone know what time they stop letting people in line for Space Mountain? Because I'm planning on just getting in line a few minutes before the park closes so that I'm not wasting any party time sitting in line.
    Does anyone know long were the lines for the villains and how often they cycle them in and out?
    Also, does Jack Skellington come out during the holiday season? Because I'll be going back in November and if he's out then I'll skip him at the party.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    3. For this one, visit before the party starts, early in the day or another day if your visit is for more than the party.

Do likewise for riding Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    swampy you seem to know a lot. I'm going for three days this week and want to know which are the party exclusive villains so i can meet the others on non party days

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    Also, does Jack Skellington come out during the holiday season? Because I'll be going back in November and if he's out then I'll skip him at the party.
    Thanks!
    Jack and Sally were out throughout the Christmas season in November 2011. In some years past, I think he was only out for Halloweentime (not party exclusive; just not out after Halloween). I THINK they've changed it so that he's out while Haunted Mansion Holiday is up. Disney sometimes makes changes, but like I said, in November 2011 you could meet them, together.

Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    swampy you seem to know a lot. I'm going for three days this week and want to know which are the party exclusive villains so i can meet the others on non party days
    If you happen to see a villain you really want to meet, I would meet them at the party, personally. It sounds like the Villains tent at the Halloween round-up is rather random as to who you will get, so you could possibly wait in line several times and not get the villain of your choice.

99.9% sure Facilier and Maleficent are party exclusives; I'm sure there are some others.